PDA

View Full Version : What is your Favorite Food at US Cellular Field?

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Mine would be the funnel cake. I love it. There are to many good things to eat there though. The churros kick ass to.

SoxFan78
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Im not sure if they still have it, but i always used to get the fried chicken dinner. It was a bowl of curly fries, with 3 pieces of fried chicken and a dinner roll.

Now thats good stuff

Fake Chet Lemon
07-19-2005, 12:32 PM
The brats with grilled onions and sour kraut with a Miller Lite is always the way to go.

GoGoSoxReborn
07-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Me favorite food is "please god let the shcool year start so Josh has something to do other than sit in front of his computer and clog up the board with posts like this" but I prefer a good brat as well.

itsnotrequired
07-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Hard to beat the classic Kosher dog. Honorable mention to the steak pita.

IlliniSox
07-19-2005, 12:34 PM
The corned beef down the first base line is the best deal in the park. Huge sandwich in a bowl full of chips, with a pickle to boot. $5.50.

Unless beer is food too.:gulp:

LongLiveFisk
07-19-2005, 12:37 PM
The churros, nachos, hot dogs, and the personal pizza (I think it's Connie's?), although the pizza is way overpriced....

Tried the steak burrito once...it was nasty! :(:

scottjanssens
07-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Nachos grande on the club level.

ChiSoxPatF
07-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Its got to be the brats with sour kraut. Load a pair of those up with a Miller Lite to wash it down :gulp: and that'll make for one great game.:supernana:

Ron Karkovice
07-19-2005, 12:41 PM
The Conniers personal cheese pizza is the best pizza I've ever had.

Tekijawa
07-19-2005, 12:43 PM
I get Nachos with extra Peppers and a pepsi everytime I go! Usually beer follows if friends are there, if not I just sit back and enjoy the show!

DVsoxfan
07-19-2005, 12:52 PM
No doubt those curly fries....they are amazing. Tho i agree josh the funnel cakes are awesome too. I was on a 4 game winning streak in games where i had funnel cake...but that ended on july 8. so maybe next game ill have nachos instead.

MushMouth
07-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Kosher Dog is quality (although, where are the Sport peppers, celery salt et al...?) and the Elotes are awesome. I generally get both every game.

skottyj242
07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I sat in the club level last night and had a foot long polish that was really good. My buddy had the buffalo chicken sandwich and I took a bite it was great. But my all time favorite food has to be the corn off the cob, there's on behind first base and there's one in center field. I get it loaded: butter, mayo, parmasean cheese, chili pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper....it's fantastic and it's under three bucks.

How can I forget about the cold Budweisers?

Hendu
07-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Kosher or the Polish with grilled onions, curly fries and churros are my faves. All washed down with an ice cold MGD.

wsbaseball9
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
grilled hotdogs...with grilled onions just own my wallet when i'm there

Realist
07-19-2005, 01:16 PM
The Polish with grilled onions are my favorite.

The best kept secret is the chicken fajitas at the Tequilla Cantina or whatever the hell it's called now on the straight away center field concourse. They're huge, yummy and pretty cheap.

BiggWilli
07-19-2005, 01:16 PM
grilled hotdogs...with grilled onions just own my wallet when i'm there

mmmm hotdogs

Heffalump
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
A polish, grilled onions, beer, and a White Sox winner......You can't beat that !

LVSoxFan
07-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Polish with onions, hands-down.

And the steak pita's suck! I finally tried one--dry and tasteless! That needs some kind of sauce!

Sad
07-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Hard to beat the classic Kosher dog. Honorable mention to the steak pita.

1. kosher WITH grilled onions & mustard...
2. steak pita (with peppers & onions)
3. corn off the cob (loaded)

oops... that's 3 :wink:

pdimas
07-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Polish with onions a nice cold Becks always a must. The Elotes also fantastic. Also a hidden gem I found last summer when it was so hot the beer foam was caking to the side of my glass (i know i know drink faster but it just wasnt possible as it would happen in the span of 10 minutes) was where they sell ICEES (behind right field). Those things are spot on when the temp hits from 90 - 100. The day I discovered that was dynamite as I was trying everything from pepsi to beer to try and cool down. The pepsi just made me more thirsty and the beer got way too warm way too fast.

jenmcm76
07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
But my all time favorite food has to be the corn off the cob, there's on behind first base and there's one in center field. I get it loaded: butter, mayo, parmasean cheese, chili pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper....it's fantastic and it's under three bucks.

I thought about getting that my last time there, but I wasn't sure about it - seemed like a weird combination of flavors. With such a ringing endorsement though, I might just have to try it this Saturday... with my new favorite, the steak pita. Someone posted that they thought it was dry and tasteless - not the one I had - the steak was juicy, with lots of seasoning, and the grilled onions and peppers were great. But if you want more juicyness/flavor, they did have packets of taco sauce there.

Huisj
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
i go for the classic kosher dog.

PodzStyleMultiAccount
07-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Polish w/ Onions and Nachos w/ lots of green peppers!

tacosalbarojas
07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
The Bullpen Bar has surprisingly good food. The pizza is a lot better down there (real sausage as opposed to what you get on the concourse). Chili is good, mozarella sticks, fries, it's all good. And the beer choices are multitudinous!

Sad
07-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Polish w/ Onions and Nachos w/ lots of green peppers!

green peppers?! :?:
you of course mean jalapenos my friend :D:

buehrle4cy05
07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
U.S. Cellular hands down has the best dogs of any park I've been to. Never can go wrong with the nachos w/jalepenos either.

Stroker Ace
07-19-2005, 02:51 PM
I always have to get a polish with onions, churro, and a pepsi (replace pepsi with miller lite in 2 years:D: )

Max Power
07-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Kosher dog with mustard and grilled onions. No doubt.

Procol Harum
07-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Gotta have the kosher dog w/ grilled onions and yaller mustard. Steak sammich is good, too. Churros for dessert, although last time I was disappointed in their being a bit tough and under-sugared.

As a pretty much seldom beer drinker my big problema on the beverage side is the replacement of Coke with Pepsi products--I'm hankerin' for the good old days of pounding down a Diet Coke w/ my kosher dog!

soxfanforlife28
07-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Mine would be the funnel cake. I love it. There are to many good things to eat there though. The churros kick ass to.The churros are the best. I like the brats and the stuffed pretzels with creme cheese to.

SOXfnNlansing
07-19-2005, 03:13 PM
I always get a Best's Kosher polish (no onions) and nachos. That is a good base for the beer. Later on I may possibly order corn or another polish.:smile:

Rocklive99
07-19-2005, 03:17 PM
The corn, curly fries, or nachos for me.

mrs. hendu
07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Churros
Curly fries (with lots of ketchup - the messier, the better :D:)
Veggie dogs

So.ILSoxFan
07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
As a pretty much seldom beer drinker my big problema on the beverage side is the replacement of Coke with Pepsi products--I'm hankerin' for the good old days of pounding down a Diet Coke w/ my kosher dog!

I also yern for the lost days of the coke products, ahhh what an ice cold coke could do with a kosher dog on a hot summer day...

:violin:

Can't beat the dogs though:D:

Steakpita
07-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Steak pita (duh) with everything

Best's Kosher w/ grilled, mustard

Curly Fries

Goose Island Honker's and a Guinness (thank you, Beers of the World!!)

The corn off the cob is good, but I'd rather have roasted corn Chicago-style... oh well, life is good at the Cell, regardless. I would make the trip just to eat there, even with no game.

TornLabrum
07-19-2005, 03:27 PM
To whoever it was who asked about the chicken dinner, I think they stopped serving that 4-5 years ago. That used to be my dinner back in '73-'75 when I'd drive up from Gary after work to see the Sox.

There's so much good food, I don't have a favorite. I usually get a steak sandwich, steak pita, corned beef sandwich, or kosher dog with grilled onions. Oh, the Italian beef out in centerfield is very good, too. Get it with the marinara sauce.

Ever tried the egg roll? Not bad at all.

And of course a strawberry churro.

pdimas
07-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Where can I find a steak sandwich in the park (closest to section 160)? I think I might like to try one today. I think my goal for the week is to try something I haven't had at the Cell every day this week seeing as how I won't get a chance for dinner outside the park. Although on further review of my plan I plan to skip Thursday as I will be stuffing my face with dollar hot dogs.

TomBradley72
07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Italian Sausage w/red sauce!

TornLabrum
07-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Where can I find a steak sandwich in the park (closest to section 160)? I think I might like to try one today. I think my goal for the week is to try something I haven't had at the Cell every day this week seeing as how I won't get a chance for dinner outside the park. Although on further review of my plan I plan to skip Thursday as I will be stuffing my face with dollar hot dogs.

I think the closest one would be the stand on the third base side in the 130s near the entrance from from over 35th St. It's somebody's grill, but I don't pay much attention to that. Hmmm...since I'm in 111, I may go Tex-Mex tonight.

riverside marked as a troll again
07-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow I canít believe no one mentioned the corn, itís located by section 126.

They cut it right off the cob.

Its is the best, its cost $3, I get it with cheese, extra butter, lime......you can also get mayo and chili powder

pdimas
07-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks I can make a pit stop at beers of the world then! Clogged arteries here I come!

Corn's been mentioned at least 3 times in this thread. :smile:

Hagan
07-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Nothing compaires to the hot dogs covered in onions and mustard. Delicious!

Eddie Gaedel
07-19-2005, 03:46 PM
$5.50 corned beef sammich, chips AND a pickle! mmmmm!

mrzerofan
07-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Now I'm hungry...:tongue:

Hangar18
07-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Grilled Brat, with Dusseldorff Mustard ....... with ice cold Miller Lite

Corn in a Cup is next fave

Gremlin3
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm probably gonna get shot for this one but..

Kosher dog or polish with grilled onions and ketchup

ChicagoHoosier
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I sat in the club level last night and had a foot long polish that was really good. My buddy had the buffalo chicken sandwich and I took a bite it was great.

My one experience in the Club Level was getting the buffalo chicken and being disappointed, then later in the game splurging for the footlong polish and it was awesome. Too bad they don't sell those in the LD.

Disappointed with the menu in the Scout Seats, but the buffett before the game was very good. But that's not real ballgame food.

For the LD, I'd say any grilled brat, dog, or sausage with onions and MUSTARD (c'mon guys, ketchup?) is my food of choice to go with my miller light.

TornLabrum
07-19-2005, 04:29 PM

It's a good thing Daver left his bow and arrows in his truck.

chisoxfan64
07-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Your not alone, I always use ketchup on my Kosher dog, brats too.:cool:

Steakpita
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I will stand up for ketchup. There's nothing wrong with it... the key in Chicago is that you MUST be forced to apply it yourself - if they put it on for you with 'everything,' that is SACRILEGE.

my Condiment Rankings

1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
T-2. BBQ Sauce (Heckys, Sweet Baby Rays)
Ranch Dressing
T-3. Ketchup
Mustard
T-4. Pickle Relish
A-1 Sauce
5. Bleu Cheese

NealCotts4Life
07-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I like that popcorn chicken that they sell at the stands that are underneath the fan deck. Also do they serve chicken wings anywhere?

So.ILSoxFan
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I must also confess to ketchup on dogs, though I'm originally from Jersey, so I suppose I have an excuse...:D:

QueerGirrl
07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
The Best Kosher Polish with onions and mustard is a staple, I have at least one a game. But I try to mix it up with other things like the pizza or steak pitas. My girlfriend always went for the corned beef sandwich, but now she's into the italian beef. They have the best food anywhere.

RedPinStripes
07-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Everytime I go to a game I have to stop by section 131 to get a polish with lots of grilled onions. :bandance:

pdimas
07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
I like that popcorn chicken that they sell at the stands that are underneath the fan deck. Also do they serve chicken wings anywhere?

They sell chicken wings at the same stand. I know for a fact they sell them on the side facing the stadium and I assume the menu is the same on the other side. That popcorn chicken is pretty damned good the wings aren't too bad either.

Realist
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
This was a nice thread until all the "ketchup on a hot dog" crap started. :(:

Heathens.

ZachAL
07-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I plan to skip Thursday as I will be stuffing my face with dollar hot dogs.

The real reason to go on thursday is not for the Dollar Hot dogs the vendors sell (do not get those), it is for the reduced price on the table grilled best kosher dogs on the councourse. I go for a best kosher dog with onions and mustard. And I think hopefully many of us can agree that Chico Carasquelle's (sp) dogs and polish stand behind homeplate is the best dogs in the park?

Sox of White
07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Almost always get the bratwurst.

pdimas
07-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I disagree the real reason to go is to see the White Sox kick some ass :wink: j/k

I had no idea they offered discounts hmm that might have to be taken into account but then again it would cut into the beverage fund. I'll be there every game this week so that fund is going to be severely strained. Then again a few cold ones in the parking lot before might just set things right again. Ahhh decisions decisions

soxjim
07-19-2005, 06:32 PM
The Kosher Dog with grilled onions. To drink a diet pepsi.

Eddie Gaedel
07-19-2005, 06:38 PM
I love the smell of grilled onions at a SOX game. smells like....victory!

eastchicagosoxfan
07-19-2005, 07:53 PM
The Kosher Hot Dog covered in onions!!!!!

jake27
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM
i love thier kosher dogs w/ ketcup (yes, i like ketcup on my hot dog) and nachos. i havent had much else there to eat becides that. im too cheap to eat at the ballpark, i fill myself up on omalleys :D:

whitesoxwilkes
07-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Polish with grilled onions, drenched in mustard and mustard only. Original, huh?

The steak pita is also a good option, just make sure you track down the secret sauce at the condiment station on the other side of the concourse before eating it. The girlfriend is partial to the chicken fingers on the fan deck, but they do nothing for me.

WagMan
07-19-2005, 11:49 PM
There are so many great things to chose from. But, one of my favorite experiences about the cell is heading up the ramp and walking onto the LD concourse. That smell just overwhelms you! It just makes you feel at home.

Smells like... victory

TimoandAaron
07-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Me favorite food is "please god let the shcool year start so Josh has something to do other than sit in front of his computer and clog up the board with posts like this" but I prefer a good brat as well.Your dreams have been realized!!!!!:smile: :smile:

MsSoxVixen22
07-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Gotta go with a couple hot dogs with mustard, the curly fries and the popcorn chicken. Wash it all down with a MGD. :gulp:

Go Go Everetts
07-21-2005, 01:45 AM
I've got to go with the Polish loaded with grilled onions. Although the Hamburger value meal, with the curly fries gives it a run for its money.

tromcoe
07-21-2005, 02:14 AM
I have not read all of these posts so forgive if I repeat. But I must say that I personally love the Best Kosher with the onions, with one caveat, they must both be burned beyond recognition. The caramelized onions on a crisp dog, Oh am I getting hungry!!!

Side note - They have these same dogs at Busch Stadium

My wife says that the best deal in the park is the Giant Taco, $2.50 and huge. Not to bad either.

Sad
07-21-2005, 08:06 AM
This was a nice thread until all the "ketchup on a hot dog" crap started. :(:

Heathens.

no kidding... tell me people don't actually put ketchup on a brat :o:

Mr Christian!
Bring the rope Sir!

wdelaney72
07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
I like ketchup on Hot Dogs, Brats, and Polish. So do lots of other people. Go get Mike North, find a support group, and get over it.

The only argument I ever hear justifying why it's so sacriligeous to put ketchup on a hot dog is that "ketchup is too strong of a taste." That's complete BS. Mustard has a WAY stronger taste than ketchup does.

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I like ketchup on Hot Dogs, Brats, and Polish. So do lots of other people. Go get Mike North, find a support group, and get over it.

The only argument I ever hear justifying why it's so sacriligeous to put ketchup on a hot dog is that "ketchup is too strong of a taste." That's complete BS. Mustard has a WAY stronger taste than ketchup does.

I hate ketchup (or even catsup) on hot dogs. Brats and Polish: YES! Both ketchup and sauerkraut on the brats.

pdimas
07-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok i've so far managed to try something new (to me) at the park this week for the past couple of games. Steak Sandwich was ok (a little tough and could've used some steak sauce). Taco Salad which was surprisingly good I think I might have to try that one again. Today might be kind of tough to keep this going though since I will be stuffed entering the park (my uncle's bday = tailgate in lot B) and then with the whole dollar hot dog thing. But then again who knows.

Palehose13
07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh, the Italian beef out in centerfield is very good, too. Get it with the marinara sauce.

That's my favorite, but don't forget the peppers!

However, it is dollar dog Thursday, so i might be haivng some dogs at the game and then hit Ricobene's for a breaded steak sammich afterwards!

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok i've so far managed to try something new (to me) at the park this week for the past couple of games. Steak Sandwich was ok (a little tough and could've used some steak sauce). Taco Salad which was surprisingly good I think I might have to try that one again. Today might be kind of tough to keep this going though since I will be stuffed entering the park (my uncle's bday = tailgate in lot B) and then with the whole dollar hot dog thing. But then again who knows.

If you got the steak sandwich on the 3rd base side, there is a condiment stand on the home plate end that has "Secret Sauce" which, as it turns out, is excelent on steak.

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
That's my favorite, but don't forget the peppers!

However, it is dollar dog Thursday, so i might be haivng some dogs at the game and then hit Ricobene's for a breaded steak sammich afterwards!

I'll be eating the Best's Koshers tonight. It just so happens there's a hot dog grill right near the section I'm in (146). That and a strawberry churro should make me good to go for the evening.

Palehose13
07-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I'll be eating the Best's Koshers tonight. It just so happens there's a hot dog grill right near the section I'm in (146). That and a strawberry churro should make me good to go for the evening.

I'm in 148. Hope to run into you!

TornLabrum
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm in 148. Hope to run into you!

Row 26 Seat 1 on mine. I'll probably be stopping by to say hi to Nancy around 6:00, too.