PDA

View Full Version : With Hermanson Out, Is Bullpen Help a Must?

kevingrt
07-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Now that we know Dustin Hermanson is out indefinitely with lower back pains, is it a must that we seek bullpen relief from outside the organization. What type of relief pitchers or closers are available on the market at this point in time?

Now I know Hermanson could be back in two weeks and pitch fine as ever, but with Shingo having a bad outing and Hermanson hurting I don't trust the depth in this bullpen at all. I mean we have Marte who just came off the DL, Jenks just came up from Double AA, Hermanson who's hurt, and Shingo who is crazy. Polittle and Cotts have been awesome and Vizcanio is doing very well recently.

We need someone but who is it going to be?

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Now that we know Dustin Hermanson is out indefinitely with lower back pains, is it a must that we seek bullpen relief from outside the organization. What type of relief pitchers or closers are available on the market at this point in time?

Now I know Hermanson could be back in two weeks and pitch fine as ever, but with Shingo having a bad outing and Hermanson hurting I don't trust the depth in this bullpen at all. I mean we have Marte who just came off the DL, Jenks just came up from Double AA, Hermanson who's hurt, and Shingo who is crazy. Polittle and Cotts have been awesome and Vizcanio is doing very well recently.

We need someone but who is it going to be?Well if they get Shingo back than they could only do it because no one else wanted him.

CHIsoxNation
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, you can pretty much count Shingo out of that mix. We should bring in Burnett/Schmidt and send one of the cubans to the pen.

lostletters
07-19-2005, 10:54 AM

We need someone but who is it going to be?

Is Hermanson on the DL? NO

Did the MRI come up Negative? Yes

Is he out indefinately? No

Is he day to day? Yes

Will this probably go away in a week or less?
Yes

Baseball players have aches and pains. Politte, Cotts, Marte will probably be closing for a few days while Hermy rests his back. But you are overblowing the back situation. There was nothing in the MRI, which means there is nothing serious.

itsnotrequired
07-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Is Hermanson on the DL? NO

Did the MRI come up Negative? Yes

Is he out indefinately? No

Is he day to day? Yes

Yes

Baseball players have aches and pains. Politte, Cotts, Marte will probably be closing for a few days while Hermy rests his back. But you are overblowing the back situation. There was nothing in the MRI, which means there is nothing serious.

What? You mean you don't want a knee-jerk reaction?

This doesn't sound like a serious problem at this time for the reasons listed above. When the words "15 day DL" start getting mentioned, then we can show more concern.

1,000th post!:bandance:

fquaye149
07-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Yes

Even so, knock on wood. Knock on wood!!!:tongue:

patbooyah
07-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Even so, knock on wood. Knock on wood!!!:tongue:

i'll knock on kerry any day of the week.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Do Politte, Marte, and Cotts also have bad backs? I think we are fine if Hermy just needs some rest. Vizzy is looking more like a major leaguer as of late and lets see what Captain Jenks can do. We are OK providing Hermy is coming back, which I don't see why he wouldn't. So no.

GoGoSoxReborn
07-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Well if they get Shingo back than they could only do it because no one else wanted him.

= I am really really mad that we let go of Shingo and I can't stop posting about it. I have doubled my post count by continuing to hijack threads and post about how dumb it was to let go of Shingo.

Irishsox1
07-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Joe Crede has a bad back and look at what he did yesterday.

fquaye149
07-19-2005, 11:24 AM
i'll knock on kerry any day of the week.

the knock on wood is that he's a dumbass who won't change his mechanics.:hijacked: :offtopic: :Rocker: :duel: :drunken:

DickAllen72
07-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I guess "Karma" is a "Mutha". Serves 'em right for dumping Shingo.

balke
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Bejanaru should get another shot for a while if Hermanson is out. He showed good stuff last season. Adkins is down in Charlotte too, even though he wants to be a starter.

Also, I just wanna add that I saw the good game Jenks had, and every foul ball SAILED and SAILED and SAILED. The problem with throwing so fast is the ball goes that much further when hit. He's got great speed, but not much control. I still have hope for him, but don't see him as a real threat from the bullpen yet.

fquaye149
07-19-2005, 11:31 AM

goodness gracious.:dtroll:

anewman35
07-19-2005, 11:31 AM

Um, don't you think they knew Dustin's back was hurt when they got rid of Shingo? Not sure what the two have to do with each other anyway, because Marte and Politte (maybe even Vizcanio) are all better closer options than Shingo at this point.

tlebar318
07-19-2005, 11:32 AM
How about trying to get Billy Wagner? We can offer Shingo and Willie Harris!:D:

bumptious96
07-19-2005, 11:44 AM
How about trying to get Billy Wagner? We can offer Shingo and Willie Harris!:D:

While I don't think Shingo and Willie would do it, I think by the end of the month the Philllies are going to be big sellers and consider themselves out of contention, if they haven't already. Having a proven, dominate closer that other AL foes have (KRod, Rivera, Nathan) would make our bullpen fantastic. I'm still not sold on getting another starter and hopefully the Cubans will reinforce those feelings.

Other than another bullpen arm I'd like us to see us get a quality lefthanded bat to battle the AL's tough right-handed bullpen arms. Oh, wait, I forgot....we have Ross Gload. Never mind.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
I think if Hermanson should be out for any lenght of time, they will try to get someone with experience.

Lip