PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Brooks: Go Go Go White Sox theme is EXCELLENT

Hangar18
07-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I love that the SOX have resurrected the 1950's era fight song "Go Go Go you white .....sox" They played it during the rally and had the words on the scoreboard, and showing the video along with it .......... It really got the
crowd buzzing and into it

Vestigio
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I really like the song also. It was great when it was played after Uribe's HR...

FedEx227
07-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Was that the first time they had played it during a game?

Vestigio
07-19-2005, 10:55 AM

Thats the only time that I did see it during the game. Its usually played after the final out of the game...

ramorgan1
07-19-2005, 11:00 AM

They played it during the BEST GAME EVER. The Saturday game vs. Dodgers when we scored like 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th with two outs to win the game. When the SOX were wearing the AWESOME 1959 unis...
Yesterday's game was *almost* as good...

nug0hs
07-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I've seen the video being played sometime around the 7th inning stretch for last night's game and the last one I was at. I, however, must not have seen the positive reaction and it seemed like a lot of people around me (bleachers) were asking to each other "what the hell was that?".

paciorek1983
07-19-2005, 11:05 AM
a lot of people around me (bleachers) were asking to each other "what the hell was that?".

Isn't that the reaction of almost anything out in the bleachers?:wink:

paciorek1983
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I love that the SOX have resurrected the 1950's era fight song "Go Go Go you white .....sox" They played it during the rally and had the words on the scoreboard, and showing the video along with it .......... It really got the
crowd buzzing and into it

Yeah I was there last night too. It was awesome. It should become a permanent fixture at our park, and wherever else possible!

Kuzman
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
They played that song going into the 9th inning on Rat Pack Night, Friday the 8th against Oakland. Didn't cause a rally though. stupid oakland

Palehose13
07-19-2005, 11:14 AM
They played that song going into the 9th inning on Rat Pack Night, Friday the 8th against Oakland. Didn't cause a rally though. stupid oakland

No, but they did play it before the bottom of the 8th inning on July 5th vs. Tampa and they did rally and go ahead and win. It was awesome.

Hangar18
07-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I've seen the video being played sometime around the 7th inning stretch for last night's game and the last one I was at. I, however, must not have seen the positive reaction and it seemed like a lot of people around me (bleachers) were asking to each other "what the hell was that?".

No way ......... some people in my section were seeing it for the first time
and loved it ........ it somehow just seemed to fit perfectly with this team
and its fans .... KEEP PLAYING IT!

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Then maybe, we stick with what works...they should be the 2005 Go Go White Sox....we rechanneled the 59 uni's, we beat the Dodgers (which didn't happen in '59), so why not??

NonetheLoaiza
07-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I sent Brooks an email after the Dodgers series telling him that he should resurrect that theme, because the energy was so electric after that game, and the song is catchy. I was glad to see them implement it again, because this team draws many parallels to the '59 team. I loooooove that song...

patbooyah
07-19-2005, 11:55 AM
could anyone post the lyrics or point me towards an audio file of the song?

i've never heard it.

or hangar- you can call me and sing it softly just like when you sang me to sleep using metallica songs in san diego

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
You can get the song here at WSI. You need Realplayer to play it..

http://whitesoxinteractive.com//LetsGoGoWhiteSox.rm

patbooyah
07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
You can get the song here at WSI. You need Realplayer to play it..

http://whitesoxinteractive.com//LetsGoGoWhiteSox.rm

thanks a lot. i really appreciate the help.
pat

Fake Chet Lemon
07-19-2005, 12:13 PM
But what do we do with the Shingo scoreboard video?

jenmcm76
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
They played it during the June 26th Sox/Cubs game, too, though I don't remember exactly when - it was either between innings or before the game, but definitely not after... stupid Cubs....

Foulke You
07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
They played it the 1st game of the Dodgers series as well. Last night's game had the biggest response to it though during the 7th inning rally. The entire crowd seemed to be clapping along with the song. They should really consider making it a fixture during rallies and showing the video that goes with it on TV. I love it, and the fans seem to really be adopting it again.