PDA

View Full Version : El Duque vs. Boston

ChicagoHoosier
07-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Where is a good site to see stats that would break down El Duque's stats vs. Boston? IIRC, he didn't fare to well vs. the Red Sox when he was a Yankee, and curious to see the numbers before he pitches against them Saturday night when I go to the game.

Am I right in the fact that he has stuggled vs. Boston?

zach23
07-19-2005, 10:14 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6019/splits?year=career&type=Pitching

NDSox12
07-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Where is a good site to see stats that would break down El Duque's stats vs. Boston? IIRC, he didn't fare to well vs. the Red Sox when he was a Yankee, and curious to see the numbers before he pitches against them Saturday night when I go to the game.

Am I right in the fact that he has stuggled vs. Boston?

He has actually faired pretty well against Boston. Contreras, on the other hand, has been downright terrible.

Madvora
07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Retrosheet has this.
http://www.retrosheet.org/

Search for Orlando Hernandez
Click on "splits" next to each year under "pitching stats" and it will show you how he fared against each team

scottjanssens
07-19-2005, 10:21 AM
I think a bigger cause for concern are his numbers at Comiskey.

ERA: 5.08
WHIP: 1.60
BAA: .303

jortafan
07-19-2005, 12:52 PM
He has actually faired pretty well against Boston. Contreras, on the other hand, has been downright terrible.

That's right. It is Contreras that we want to keep from pitching against the Red Sox if at all possible.

His failure to handle Boston is the reason that Yankees fans will regard getting rid of him as a good trade, regardless of how badly Esteban Loaiza pitched for them.

White Sox Josh
07-19-2005, 01:00 PM
That's right. It is Contreras that we want to keep from pitching against the Red Sox if at all possible.

His failure to handle Boston is the reason that Yankees fans will regard getting rid of him as a good trade, regardless of how badly Esteban Loaiza pitched for them.he was good with the Sox last year at Fenway.