PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson Has MRI

BeviBall!
07-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Levine reports that it was clean, but he's having pain. Ugh. Can't get everyone healthy at once!

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Levine reports that it was clean, but he's having pain. Ugh. Can't get everyone healthy at once!Crap! I hope it's not serious. Good that the MRI was clean.

cheeses_h_rice
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Levine reports that it was clean, but he's having pain. Ugh. Can't get everyone healthy at once!

Every team has problems like this. Just one huge advantage to the Sox's enormous division lead -- if they clinch early enough, they can give some of these guys some much needed rest and use other guys on the 40-man roster once callups are done.

balke
07-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Wagner Wagner Wagner Wagner Wagner.

GoGoSoxReborn
07-18-2005, 11:36 PM

Better now with a 13 game cushion than the last week of the season. Hopefully Hermy will come back soon, as it looks like this won't be that serious. He should take his time coming back to make sure it is nothing serious, because we are going to need him 100% if we want to do anything in the post season.

dickallen15
07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Why would they designate Shingo if Hermanson is having health problems?

DickAllen72
07-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Shingo Shingo Shingo Shingo Shingo.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Why would they designate Shingo if Hermanson is having health problems?I dunno but if Shingo clears waivers and doesn't get picked up he will be at Charlotte. That means he is just a phone call away if someone goes down.

LuvSox
07-18-2005, 11:45 PM
I dunno but if Shingo clears waivers and doesn't get picked up he will be at Charlotte. That means he is just a phone call away if someone goes down.

Yeah, brilliant. Without doing a google search, what's an MRI?

FedEx227
07-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Its nice to have the luxury of Politte, Marte, and Cotts... we aren't in a position where we will absolutely be destroyed when our closer goes down, so whether Mullet Brantley wants to admit it or not, or bullpen by committee that we started at the beginning of the year is going to pay dividends during this strech.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah, brilliant. Without doing a google search, what's an MRI?I've had one before and it is a pain in the ass. It was done on my shoulder because i had a torn rotator cuff. I eventually had surgery.

Banix12
07-19-2005, 12:10 AM

My guess is they trust Marte and Politte more than Shingo closing games right now so since he wasn't even likely an option, Shingo gets released.

Batista from Toronto might be a decent pickup if there is a real problem. Can close and would make an effective righthanded long man when Hermanson comes back.

shoota
07-19-2005, 12:14 AM
I've had one before and it is a pain in the ass. It was done on my shoulder because i had a torn rotator cuff. I eventually had surgery.

What was the cause of your injury? Non-stop posting?

TimoandAaron
07-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I've had one before and it is a pain in the ass. It was done on my shoulder because i had a torn rotator cuff. I eventually had surgery.ive had one done on my head. I laid down in there for like 40 minutes listening to a constant beeping/buzzing sound.

TimoandAaron
07-19-2005, 12:17 AM
What was the cause of your injury? Non-stop posting? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

shoota
07-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Batista from Toronto might be a decent pickup if there is a real problem. Can close and would make an effective righthanded long man when Hermanson comes back.

I like that idea. I've been a Batista fan for a while, and his numbers this year look like he could help the Sox.

But so can this guy:

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_123790.jpg

I'm speculating that Hermanson has had this nagging injury for a while. I don't think this is a new injury. The way Ozzie used him and more telling, didn't use him, hints that he may not have been at full health. Thus, I'm not suprised.

Banix12
07-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I like that idea. I've been a Batista fan for a while, and his numbers this year look like he could help the Sox.

But so can this guy:

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_123790.jpg

I'm speculating that Hermanson has had this nagging injury for a while. I don't think this is a new injury. The way Ozzie used him and more telling, didn't use him, hints that he may not have been at full health. Thus, I'm not suprised.

Wagner or Batista would both be great pickups if Hermy is really hurt, even if he wasn't it could only help. I was thinking, could the decision to keep Jenks over Shingo have something to do with Showcasing him at the major league level to see if he would be good trade bait for a trade like this?

balke
07-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Batista has lost 3 games in his last 6 appearances. I think people are figuring him out. His Era was in the 1's 15 appearances ago, now he's at 3.40. He'd be a good setup man MAYBE, but I'd much rather have Billy Wagner (I'm sure anyone would, but still. I think Batista might be in a free fall back to reality. Lifetime 4.43 ERA).

BRDSR
07-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Better now with a 13 game cushion than the last week of the season.

If the Sox haven't clinched this division within the last 7 days of the season, there are going to be some very angry posters at WSI.

DSpivack
07-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Batista has lost 3 games in his last 6 appearances. I think people are figuring him out. His Era was in the 1's 15 appearances ago, now he's at 3.40. He'd be a good setup man MAYBE, but I'd much rather have Billy Wagner (I'm sure anyone would, but still. I think Batista might be in a free fall back to reality. Lifetime 4.43 ERA).

Wasn't he a starter before this season?

balke
07-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Wasn't he a starter before this season?

Yeah, you're right. He's still been pretty bad as of late. When I see him pitch, he doesn't really have good stuff. 29 K's to 13 BB's. I'd feel just as comfortable with Shingo.

Banix12
07-19-2005, 01:04 AM

I'm just thinking about what's available. I know Wagner has had his issues in Philly but considering they are still technically contending I don't know how real those trade rumors are.

Other than him the only other guys out there I can think of that should be available are Batista and probably Eddie Guardado. If we got Batista I think he would be pitching middle relief and the closer role would to to Politte, who I gotta think is about as trustworthy right now as any reliever in the league. Basically Batista would just fill out the pen as a guy who can go multiple innings as an extra right handed releiver

Realist
07-19-2005, 01:37 AM

Mushroom Mushroom! (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/badgers.html)

Mr. White Sox
07-19-2005, 02:33 AM

ZING!

MHOUSE
07-19-2005, 04:05 AM
I was wondering what was up with Hermanson since they ran out the committee on Sunday and then Politte tonight in save situations and Hermanson hadn't pitched since Thursday. Maybe I just missed that he was having pain. Anyways, I'd take Wagner in a heartbeat, but I've seen him pitch a couple times this year and he likes to put guys on base. I just hope we don't have to worry about it.

Fredsox
07-19-2005, 06:12 AM

Probably something to do with giving up 19 earned runs and 9 dingers in 28 innings with a 5.97 ERA.

Baby Fisk
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
There's another activity that 16-year-old males have a tendency to over-indulge in. It would be great if Josh did more of that and spent less time here.

Frater Perdurabo
07-19-2005, 08:31 AM
There's another activity that 16-year-old males have a tendency to over-indulge in. It would be great if Josh did more of that and spent less time here.

:roflmao::rolling::roflmao::rolling:

He gone
07-19-2005, 08:48 AM
I've had one before and it is a pain in the ass. It was done on my shoulder because i had a torn rotator cuff.

Yeah, me too. But mine wasn't from too many post :D:

If Dustin needs some rest, I don't think we need to make a trade. Just bring up Bajenaru.

Madvora
07-19-2005, 09:08 AM
If Dustin needs some rest, I don't think we need to make a trade. Just bring up Bajenaru.
I don't know about that. If it's just some rest, then that may be fine, but if it's anything more, I wouldn't want a team that's actually going for the World Series to rely on a minor leaguer with no MLB experience.
McCarthy looked like a sure thing. Don't underestimate MLB experience.

infohawk
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah, brilliant. Without doing a google search, what's an MRI?

MRI = Magnetic Resonance Imaging. It's the same test that eventually revealed Sirotka's torn labrum back in 2001.

Flight #24
07-19-2005, 09:28 AM

This likely explains why after a week or 2 of hearing the Sox were hot after Burnett, they suddenly backed off with the latest word being KW was reluctant to deal Marte. If Hermie's out or unreliable, we can't afford to lose Damaso.

This almost certainly steps up his efforts to get Wagner.

nug0hs
07-19-2005, 10:37 AM
So I guess this would explain Politte coming in last night and getting the save instead of anyone else...

Mark
07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but here's something from a few days ago on the possible Bullpen Prodigy:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0507170205jul17,1,5945394.story

BiggWilli
07-19-2005, 12:18 PM

xD xD xD i laughed hard at that

wsbaseball9
07-19-2005, 12:19 PM

This almost certainly steps up his efforts to get Wagner.

I hope so....if hermie goes and we didnt get any help then theres very slim chances that we get very far in the playoffs

Lip Man 1
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
A few comments...

And we know how reliable Levine is right? I mean he was the guy who said that Thomas wouldn't be back until 'July...' LOL

And as 'Dr. Beckett' has stated on these boards medical science is an inexact science. (sort of like the NFL Draft....) Just because an MRI shows 'clean' doesn't mean there isn't a problem, it's just that the MRI couldn't detect anything.

Those of you who remember the off season after 2000 and before the start of 2001 know what I mean about MRI's. Hopefully he's OK but if the Sox are smart, they wouldn't take the MRI totally at face value.

Do the deals Kenny...

Lip

Foulke You
07-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I was wondering if Hermie was hurt. He did have a drop in velocity (high 80s) recently compared to how he was throwing in April and May (low 90s). Shut him down and let him come back when he is 100% healthy. Hopefully, he'll be able to come back throwing gas like Marte did.

I do agree though that it would make sense for the Sox to add another bullpen arm, just in case. Also, sending Shingo down now seems like an odd move if Hermie is having some soreness. You would think they'd want as much bullpen depth as possible?:?:

buehrle4cy05
07-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Mushroom Mushroom! (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/badgers.html)

Why did I actually click on that link?

I hope this is nothing serious, but KW definetly should go out and get a viable backup in case Hermes can't say healthy...Eddie Guardado would be good. KW would have to pay too high of a price to get Wagner.

Too bad Gagne's hurt.

ChiSoxPatF
07-19-2005, 02:02 PM

Guardado Guardado Guardado Guardado Guardado

Plus he'll be cheaper both fiscally and in regards to prospects and AJ caught him when they were both damn Twinkies

:notwinks

balke
07-19-2005, 02:26 PM
We don't know he's cheaper prospect wise yet, if he's not... then Wagner for sure. Eddie is mildlly overachieving this season. Wagner is the same guy he's always been. I agree though, if Guardado doesn't cost an important prospect, he's a good fit.

iamkoza
07-19-2005, 02:27 PM
DL him until he is 130%

mr_genius
07-19-2005, 02:35 PM

unfortunately he can probably do both at the same time

:moron

tsamdog
07-19-2005, 05:43 PM
News reports that Hermie's MRI was negative and that he will be available for tonite's game.

He gone
07-19-2005, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't want a team that's actually going for the World Series to rely on a minor leaguer with no MLB experience.
McCarthy looked like a sure thing. Don't underestimate MLB experience.

Bajenaru pitched in 9 games for the Sox last year. I know that's not MLB experience, but I was talking short-term fix. He's 4-1 with 12 saves, he has an ERA of 1.07 in 50 innings pitched for Charlotte.

SoXPriDe33
07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
According to Yahoo Hermanson has lower back pain and is out indefinitely and that Marte and Politte will be out there in the ninth inning. What are Guardado or Wagner up to right now, definitly not pitching for a playoff team. They should head to the South Side and help out the future World Series Champs. :)