PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers- at it again

rowand33
07-18-2005, 06:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rangers-rogers&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kenny just doesn't like those camera men.

MUsoxfan
07-18-2005, 06:24 PM
The cameramen are just trying to provoke him now. The cameramen know what he's done and are looking for $$

JohnBasedowYoda
07-18-2005, 07:09 PM
someone should tell that big baby that when you make 7 figures or more a camera might be pointed in your direction. he just makes me sick

Frater Perdurabo
07-18-2005, 07:12 PM
I saw the video on WFAA just now. The story led the 6 p.m. news.

The camera operator sounded sincere and almost apologetic when he said, "I'm just doing my job, Kenny."

I'm sure he was doing his assigned job - which was to roll tape as close as possible to Rogers while he was being fingerprinted! (For the record, it was not WFAA's cameraman who Rogers assaulted.) I'm certain his producer assigned him to do just what he did, hoping to elicit the reaction they got. What makes me think this even more is because it's been a very slow news day for "visual news" here in Dallas-Fort Worth. (The other leading story was that a U.S. Senator would introduce some new legislation tomorrow - the story package was just a reporter recounting the facts. No video or audio from the Senator was available so WFAA used stock footage of airplanes taking off and landing to break up the motonoy of the reporter being a talking head.)

Really, who else gets filmed by a TV news camera while they are being fingerpritned?

Typically, people who turn themselves in, or are arrested to be charged with a crime, are filmed doing a "perp walk," or their vehicle (invariably with tinted windows) is videotaped.

Today's staredown and verbal exchange clearly was an example of the media "making the news."

jackbrohamer
07-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Telling the camera guy he's too close falls pretty far short of an "altercation" IMO, especially the altercation he was being fingerprinted for.

Mercy!
07-18-2005, 08:19 PM
The camera didnít seem all that close to me today. But I guess Iím thinking, your attitude got you to this point of being fingerprinted for assault. How hard can it be to keep your mouth shut, get this done and get out of there without getting into it with someone else? Surely your lawyers gave you the 411 regarding wise decorum before you showed up for your booking.

Oh well, as Mr. Solid Citizen rode off into the sunset afterwards:

"Zukerman's camera continued to roll as Rogers left jail with his lawyers in old Chevrolet pickup truck. The images show the truck running a red light as it turned left on Weatherford Street." - WFAA.com

Ya gotta laugh

buehrle4cy05
07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
The cameramen are just trying to provoke him now. The cameramen know what he's done and are looking for $$

In defense of Kenny Rogers, how would you like having a camera shoved in your face as you go through a pretty embarassing moment in the police station.

RadioheadRocks
07-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Sorry, but there's NO defense for this action. Rogers has been in the league long enough to know that being in the Major Leagues is tantamount to living in a fishbowl. Like it or not, being in the public eye is one of the things that goes along with being a big-league ballplayer, and every foolish move he makes is going to be scrutinized by the public at large. Apparently this latest episode shows he still hasn't mastered the art of taking responsibility for his own actions and being held accountable for those actions. And in both instances, these are cameramen who are in the course of doing their job... they are NOT the paparazzi stalking him mercilessly... let's get that point clear already!!! Bottom line, he's just going to have to resign himself to the fact that regardless of the results of any charges pressed against him, he's going to have this hanging over his head for the rest of his life, and continuing to be a hot-headed jackass is not going to solve anything.

LuvSox
07-18-2005, 09:52 PM
In defense of Kenny Rogers, how would you like having a camera shoved in your face as you go through a pretty embarassing moment in the police station.

Tough ****. Had he not been a dick in the first place..........

Frater Perdurabo
07-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Has anyone EVER seen video of any celebrity or athlete getting their fingerprints taken upon being "booked" and charged for a crime?

I'm not defending Rogers in this incident at all. He was absolutely 100% wrong.

However, that doesn't absolve WFAA-TV from my charge of deliberately trying to manufacture news (on a slow "visual" news day, no less).

StockdaleForVeep
07-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Has anyone EVER seen video of any celebrity or athlete getting their fingerprints taken upon being "booked" and charged for a crime?

I'm not defending Rogers in this incident at all. He was absolutely 100% wrong.

However, that doesn't absolve WFAA-TV from my charge of deliberately trying to manufacture news (on a slow "visual" news day, no less).

Careful, not just saying rogers is 100% wrong and the media is innocent may get u roadhoused and labled village idiot on the boards here

The Racehorse
07-19-2005, 08:36 AM
I thought Rogers was sorry? I guess not.

TornLabrum
07-19-2005, 08:38 AM
I thought Rogers was sorry? I guess not.

Maybe this was just his way of putting it behind him.

JackParkman
07-19-2005, 08:59 AM

I find it possible to avoid such embarrassments by not attacking people randomly. It's worked for me so far.

mccoydp
07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Kenny Rogers. Class A jerk, all the way.

mccoydp
07-19-2005, 09:54 AM
In defense of Kenny Rogers...

There is no defense for Kenny Rogers.

Jerko
07-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Rogers is a jackass, but he told the guy he was getting too close, and what did the cameraman do? He zoomed in even closer. There was no need to film him being printed. That's asinine.

PennStater98r
07-19-2005, 10:10 AM
I disagree with some of you on this - Rogers is a jerk - no doubt for what he did to the first cameramen. Physically putting your hands on someone in a malicious way is just plain wrong unless you're defending yourself or a loved one.

However, what the media did while he was being booked and fingerprinted was overstepping the boundries of good taste and media responsibility, and it was a Paparazzi tactic. I'm not saying that Rogers is due some embarassment, but two wrongs don't make a right, and it was very careless of the police to allow the booking and fingerprinting to be filmed.

cheeses_h_rice
07-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Rogers is a jackass, but he told the guy he was getting too close, and what did the cameraman do? He zoomed in even closer. There was no need to film him being printed. That's asinine.

I hear they make cameras with a "zoom" function these days, that doesn't require you physically be closer to get a tighter shot.

StepsInSC
07-19-2005, 10:21 AM
I hear they make cameras with a "zoom" function these days, that doesn't require you physically be closer to get a tighter shot.

:roflmao:

Seriously. So he *might* have been agitated, the man needs to learn some self-restraint.

Region Sox
07-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Saw on ESPN tonight the footage of him being booked and arguing with a camera man again. What a knucklehead. Just ignore it for 5 minutes. I really, really hope the Sox DO NOT trade for that guy like The Tribune suggested. He would be hard to cheer for and will miss 20 games at some point.

ilsox7
07-20-2005, 01:58 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54419