PDA

View Full Version : Patterson and Dubois traded to Tampa Bay?

CHIsoxNation
07-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Has anyone heard anything on this? I posted this in "What's the Score" because I don't know if it's true. I was just told from a friend that he heard on the radio that Patterson and Dubios have been shipped to Tampa Bay for Baez and Huff.

I think it's bull but I wanted to know if anyone else heard anything.

Tragg
07-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Corey Patterson? That's like us trading Borchard.

santo=dorf
07-18-2005, 04:48 PM
:bluerock

I've been listening to the radio all day, and it's not true. Clueless Cubs fans have been expecting Huff and Baez since the day Scammy was traded. Why would Tampa want those two ****ty OF's with what they already have?

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
:bluerock

I've been listening to the radio all day, and it's not true. Clueless Cubs fans have been expecting Huff and Baez since the day Scammy was traded. Why would Tampa want those two ****ty OF's with what they already have?
:roflmao:Too true
I just love how Cub fans act like it's their divine right to get great players for their garbage.

rowand33
07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
no mention of this on Cubs or D-Rays official site.

no mention on ESPN 1000 (which I've been listening to all day). no mention on rotoworld. no mention on D-Rays message board.

no mention on Cubs mlb.com fan board.

no deal.

CHIsoxNation
07-18-2005, 04:51 PM
I agree, I assumed this was bull. He said he heard on the radio, I can't listen to the radio while at work and found nothing online. I knew I could trust all of you to tell me the truth.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2005, 04:51 PM
no you're wrong they traded patterson and dubois for crawford, now the cubs are the best team, don't you know anything

MUsoxfan
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
:roflmao:Too true
I just love how Cub fans act like it's their divine right to get great players for their garbage.

That's what Lawrence Holmes was saying last night on the Score. He said it's amazing that Cub fans believe that every team is dying to make the Cubs a winner.

Of course, the Pirates basically did that a couple years ago....but I don't see TB doing it or any other team doing it this year.

rowand33
07-18-2005, 05:01 PM
after the way TB staright up raped the Mets in the Zambrano trade, I don't think that they'll be giving up Huff and Baez for table scraps.

Tragg
07-18-2005, 05:04 PM
The Pirates have been generous to lots of teams.

rowand33
07-18-2005, 05:08 PM
The Pirates have been generous to lots of teams.

wish they'd give us Redman and Machowiak for Willie and Borchard...

it's a better deal than the **** they got in the Cubs trade.

chisoxfan64
07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I think they threw in sweet Lou too!!

Brian26
07-18-2005, 08:15 PM
I was just told from a friend that he heard on the radio that Patterson and Dubios have been shipped to Tampa Bay for Baez and Huff.

In his dreams. That's beyond lopsided.

Banix12
07-18-2005, 09:11 PM
This doesn't make sense. Trade two outfielders to a team that is loaded with young outfielders. Especially Patterson who makes over $2 million a year and has been struggling. I could see Dubois going to Tampa but Tampa needs starting pitching not more outfielders. The guy who I would imagine that Tampa is targeting is Rich Hill.

FedEx227
07-18-2005, 11:51 PM
That's what Lawrence Holmes was saying last night on the Score. He said it's amazing that Cub fans believe that every team is dying to make the Cubs a winner.

....they aren't??....you're crazy sir, whatever it takes to let America's team reign supreme!

scottjanssens
07-19-2005, 12:14 AM
DuBois was traded to Cleveland for Gerut.