PDA

View Full Version : Don Cooper on the Score

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Cooper on the score saying:

Shingo is a Major League pitcher and he'll be pitching for somebody in the next ten days.

Best move we could make to give Jenks an opportunity.

Jenks upside and potential because of his stuff is reason they are keeping him with the big club.

Damaso is an intricate part of the team as good as any lefty reliever in the league. If Damaso is our biggest concern, we have very little to worry about.

So it sounds as if Shingo will be on another big league ball club within ten days

JUribe1989
07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I see no reason to keep Bobby Jenks with the club while Ross Gload is in AAA.

Randar68
07-18-2005, 05:21 PM

Especially seeing as how we don't have enought 1B/DH types and have too many relievers...

The collective IQ on here today might not top 100.

maurice
07-18-2005, 05:23 PM
I know our starters are great, but it might be a good idea to keep more than 5 relievers in the pen.

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Especially seeing as how we don't have enought 1B/DH types and have too many relievers...

I hear Ross has been working on a cutter.

veeter
07-18-2005, 05:24 PM
I think they are going to start to use Jenks to see what he has. The lead is 12 which has given them breathing room. Not that I'm advocating throwing games away, but he can be used. Gload will be up at some point.

Randar68
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I hear Ross has been working on a cutter.

It is always shocking to see the drop in knowledge about the game and ridiculously immature and parochial views expressed that just so happen to coincide with summer vacation...:o:

Iwritecode
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM

I'll agree that we have a lot of DH type guys but the only guy that we know can play first base is Konerko. Frank can but I don't know if they're willing to risk him getting injured again. He hasn't been out there yet.

Dye is a possibility but he's only been over there once.

I hope I never have to see Timo there again...

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Ozuna played a decent first one game. I mean, its not like we can't throw him out there every once in a while.

Randar68
07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Ozuna played a decent first one game. I mean, its not like we can't throw him out there every once in a while.

yep. meanwhile we have an aching 3rd baseman and no room for another utility player.

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2005, 05:33 PM
argh! The awful, awful problems that exist when one is 12 games up! :smile:

CHIsoxNation
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
I must confess guys, I am really glad to be debating on issues such back up infielders and what not. It's a breath of fresh air not having to worry about our starters...well for the most part.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM

I ditto that 100%, unless Jenks is just up to showcase for an immanent trade. Playing Dye, Frank or Timo at 1B is a joke for a team trying to win a World Series.