PDA

View Full Version : Clinching at Home vs. Clinching on Road ...Would you Travel to see it?

Hangar18
07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Theoretically speaking, (and of course knocking on wood) should we get to the point where we are ready to clinch, and you have the means to do so, would
you travel to where the SOX are playing to watch a Clinching game?

I know that I would do so in a heartbeat .... but at the sametime, I would love
to be in Chicago, at the ballpark if they ever did it here (Lucky enough to have been at BOTH clinching games in 83 & 93)

spiffie
07-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I was having this discussion with a friend of mine last night. The basic conclusion reached was if the game is at home, we're there. If the game is in CLE, MN, DET, or KC, we're there. Otherwise...we'll watch on tv.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
I don't care where it happens as long as they get it done.

Baby Fisk
07-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Clinching is just the first step. There are three more "clinchers" to follow, each growing exponentially in importance to the point where how could you not travel to St. Louis for Game 4 when Frank Thomas hits the championship-clinching home run before a shell-shocked crowd of Cardinal fans, delirious Sox fans, and spoiled brat Cub fans who are there for spite! :o:

Mercy... it's just GOT to happen this year. GO SOX!

Stretch
07-18-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't want to celebrate a division title.... I want more

chisoxfan64
07-18-2005, 05:44 PM
If I were able to get off of work (I`ve already planned a vacation in Oct.) I would go to see them clinch.

Irishsox1
07-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't care, just as long as they clinch. I went to a Royals game in late 2000 after they had clinched and that was good enough for me considering they clinched after a loss to the Twins which was totally anti-climatic.

As a rule for the Bulls, I wouldn't celebrate in the streets until they won it all and that applies to all of my sports teams. The 1997 Bulls clinched on a Friday night. That was an awesome night.

Sxy Mofo
07-18-2005, 05:56 PM
If they have the chance to clinch in KC, I'll drive in from Denver. If there is that chance sox could clinch there I'd assume that place would be at least 75% sox fans.

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm holding out on using my Personal Business days for a World Series parade downtown...So, I'll be staying here if it's on the road and probably watch the game at Jimbo's or hostess a party here in my Bridgeport apartment. If the clincher's here, that would be gravy, and I have a few games in September I'm already scheduled to go to. I'd be the first one at the box office if I don't have a ticket already.

Soxzilla
07-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Any chance that Daley turns on the Air-Raid sirens?:cool:

MUsoxfan
07-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Any chance that Daley turns on the Air-Raid sirens?:cool:

When the Sox win the pennant, I bet he flips the switch

ChicagoHoosier
07-18-2005, 06:22 PM
I'd celebrate if they win the pennant. Not just clinching a playoff spot. Not even winning the ALDS. Sure, I'd like to go to those games, and will be pretty pumped up wherever I'm watching the game, but no special plans.

Was there a big deal made in 2000?

soxjim
07-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Have some vacation days set aside for this. Traveled to Minnesota in 2000. Would travel again. Would like to see it at the Cell. As long as they clinch I don't mind where they do. Go SOX

Palehose13
07-18-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm saving my money to go to a road playoff game or two. I have all of October off. :cool:

Jurr
07-18-2005, 08:37 PM
If I were able to get off of work (I`ve already planned a vacation in Oct.) I would go to see them clinch.
October? October? Let's hope you have some vacation days in september!:bandance: