PDA

View Full Version : Blake pulls a Craig Monroe

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1121679252300522.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

"No," he said. "They are a good team, but I don't think they are the best team. They are not better than we are.

Honestly, are these people stupid?

samram
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
"No," he said. "They are a good team, but I don't think they are the best team. They are not better than we are.

Yes, they are, moron. Hope you're enjoying your .220 season, loser. Good luck chasing New York, Boston, and Minnesota for the wild card.

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54371

Irishsox1
07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Being that its only July 18th, he would sound like a total loser if he said "They are a better team than us....they outpitched us, out hit us...hell, they stole 10 bases in 4 games. I say we just quit now..." He has to say that stuff, there is a lot of games left.

zach23
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
The thing I love about all of this is that the other teams are all doing the talking this season while the Sox quietly go out and win. I hope it stays this way right on through October. I don't think any team ever talked themselves into a championship.

California Sox
07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Aren't we usually the team saying this about Minnesota? I'll take it. I just heard a guy on ESPN radio talking about how the Yankees are now the AL favorites. No one respects this team, but they don't care. Just win, baby.

Jerko
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Aren't we usually the team saying this about Minnesota? I'll take it. I just heard a guy on ESPN radio talking about how the Yankees are now the AL favorites. No one respects this team, but they don't care. Just win, baby.

At least when we say it about Minnesota, it's usually before the season starts, not after losing 4 in a row at home and 7 of 10 overall or whatever it is. Blake and Monroe sound like little kids who just got in trouble and are yelling back at their parents that "it didn't hurt".

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Being that its only July 18th, he would sound like a total loser if he said "They are a better team than us....they outpitched us, out hit us...hell, they stole 10 bases in 4 games. I say we just quit now..." He has to say that stuff, there is a lot of games left.

He doesn't have to say something stupid. He could say "well they outplayed us but I'm confident in our team and I think we're going to be all right"

Instead he talks his 15 game back loser talk, sounding like us the past 3 years as the Twins proceeded to clean our clock despite our protests that we were the better team

balke
07-18-2005, 02:09 PM
He just got swept in a 4-game home series.... and thinks his team is better? Get real, noone on that team has ever lived up to what the media makes them out to be. Maybe Hafner, but that's it.

Chicago83
07-18-2005, 03:57 PM
If you're an Indians fan you've got to be a little pissed about him saying that, after you watch your team get dominated in a 4 game sweep. It's nice to sit around and say you're better than the other team, but baseball is a game that is played and if you can't win then shut your mouth.

JUribe1989
07-18-2005, 04:19 PM
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_118377.jpg
"Who is Karim Garcia?"
:burly
"Who is Casey Blake?"