PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: The Score Reporting Mr. Zero will be no more

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
The Score is reporting that Shingo is reportedly being moved sometime today to Arizona, which will open up a spot for El Duque.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 11:46 AM
The Score is reporting that Shingo is reportedly being moved sometime today to Arizona, which will open up a spot for El Duque.

By Arizona, are you talking about the D-Backs or the Sox affiliate?

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
If that's true, best of luck Shingo! I was really excited when the Sox signed him in 2004 and he had a great season. Too bad things didn't work out with him this year. Hopefully he can rebound for the Diamondbacks.

Podzilla_40
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Is Jenks still up?

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 11:48 AM
The way i heard it they said he could be. I won't believe anything until it happens.

anewman35
07-18-2005, 11:50 AM

This was in the Tribune today, too. If we can get even a decent prospect for him, I say it's a good move - he's not horrible, but in our pen we clearly don't really need him. I guess we'll give Jenks a couple more chances and if that doesn't work, maybe Bajenaru?

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
The D-Backs

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
I really don't have a problem with the move. If you look at objectively, he was a really good novelty act for half a season until American League Scouts, and later hitters, caught up to him.

Podzilla_40
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
As long as there's no effect on Tad, it's probably a smart move. If we could get a solid infield prospect then I'm happy.

miker
07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Does the deal include moving all those Mr. Zero t-shirts?

Juice16
07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I don't think we need to trade Shingo for just another prospect. I think this sucks. We talk about not making a move that will hurt the team chemistry and here we go trading a fan favorite (despite his problems this year) for just a prospect. Horrible move in my opinion.

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't think we need to trade Shingo for just another prospect. I think this sucks. We talk about not making a move that will hurt the team chemistry and here we go trading a fan favorite (despite his problems this year) for just a prospect. Horrible move in my opinion.

I agree, and I disagree. Whatever we lose in team chemistry will be helped by opening up spots for duque and gload.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I don't think we need to trade Shingo for just another prospect. I think this sucks. We talk about not making a move that will hurt the team chemistry and here we go trading a fan favorite (despite his problems this year) for just a prospect. Horrible move in my opinion.i agree. He had 1 bad outing against a team that owns him. He was pitching well before that outing.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I agree, and I disagree. Whatever we lose in team chemistry will be helped by opening up spots for duque and gload.
That's how I feel. I think it sucks to lose a fan favorite like Shingo, but the Sox need El Duque to pitch tonight and Ross Gload's 20 game rehab assignment is up, so unfortunately two players have to go.

Chisox003
07-18-2005, 11:58 AM

Gload's not coming back until the team sees how well Crede can hold up

Until then, willie has to stay on the team in order to keep 2 infielders, him and ozuna

As for shingo, might as well get something for him while you can....It was a good run, and I wish him the best

Rocky Soprano
07-18-2005, 11:59 AM
While I like Shingo and would be a bit sad to see him leave, if we get back a good prospect and use it to land Burnett, then I will be happy with the trade.

Trading Shingo I hope is only the beginning...

So to all the people already hating the move, just wait.

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM

I don't think that losing a fan favorite (I'm not sure he even is anymore) will affect the team's chemistry in any way. Shingo has been mostly relegated to mop up duty this season and mop up men aren't really a hot commodity in big leagues. We can now maybe include this prospect in a bigger deal for a quality bullpen arm or a big name starter. Losing Shingo will not hurt this team in any way, especially its chemistry.

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Gload's not coming back until the team sees how well Crede can hold up

Until then, willie has to stay on the team in order to keep 2 infielders, him and ozuna

As for shingo, might as well get something for him while you can....It was a good run, and I wish him the best

rather, if we clear shingo and drop jenks that opens up a spot for gload while keeping willie on the roster.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:01 PM
What makes everybody think that Jenks will be better than Shingo.

ScottPodsednik22
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Any word on which prospect the Sox are getting in return? Probably a bad one..

Sad
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM

not sure... know he has a 98MPH fastball but what else? :?:

Chisox003
07-18-2005, 12:03 PM
rather, if we clear shingo and drop jenks that opens up a spot for gload while keeping willie on the roster.

Ya, but then youre losing a bullpen arm....Do we really want that?

I dont know, but whatever moves are made are probably temporary with the deadline coming up....

It should get interesting

ScottPodsednik22
07-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I think the sox really do not need anymore position players on the roster. They need more pen pitchers. They already have Ozuna, Willie, Perez, Everett, Widger... I think that is enough.

Madvora
07-18-2005, 12:04 PM
HOLD ON...HOLD ON...

There's been this "could move today" news since a story in the Suntimes on Saturday.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep16.html
It didn't happen Saturday. It didn't happen Sunday.
I think this is being confused for the same thing. Still just a rumor, are you jumping the gun, or did you hear that he's gone for sure?

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:04 PM
not sure... know he has a 98MPH fastball but what else? :?:um he has a sparkling 20.28 ERA. He will be good down the road but he aint ready yet. Don't trade Shingo, KW! If they make this move they will regret this. Think about Tad.

Brian26
07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
I wish we could find that thread from over the winter when I got frickin' roasted here for saying the AL had caught up with Shingo by the end of 2004 and he wasn't going to be an effective closer :D:

Sorry to see him go since I really did like the guy. There was some genuine emotion from him whenever he would get a big save...how can you forget how happy he looked on opening day when he got the save for Buehrle? With that said, we're too good right now to carry an extra pitcher that we're afraid to use in crucial situations.

Rocky Soprano
um he has a sparkling 20.28 ERA. He will be good down the road but he aint ready yet. Don't trade Shingo, KW! If they make this move they will regret this. Think about Tad.

Tad is a big boy.

I trust KW!

If its going to better the team, DO IT!

fquaye149
Ya, but then youre losing a bullpen arm....Do we really want that?

I dont know, but whatever moves are made are probably temporary with the deadline coming up....

It should get interesting

Considering how much we would be using Jenks, I dunno. It's very hard to say. We can go to Viz in the even that a starter can't go 5...Cotts, Politte, Marte, Hermanson...

It's hard to say...but for the amount we used Jenks and Shingo it hardly seems worth it to take up a roster spot.

I'll probably get blasted on this and I guess it's unlikely it would happen...just my .02

miker
07-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Get ready for the triumphant return of Billy Koch to the Sox bullpen!

DickAllen72
That's how I feel. I think it sucks to lose a fan favorite like Shingo, but the Sox need El Duque to pitch tonight and Ross Gload's 20 game rehab assignment is up, so unfortunately two players have to go.

Maybe the Sox can include Konerko in the deal to open up a spot for Gload.

I hate to see Shingo go, but hopefully if they'll move Shingo without worrying about what effect it may or may not have on Iguchi, they will also move Timo without worrying about the supposed effect on Uribe and the other "young Latin players" (even though there aren't any others).

I guess it comes down to they believe Jenks is more valuable than Shingo. Only time will tell.

White Sox Josh
Considering how much we would be using Jenks, I dunno. It's very hard to say. We can go to Viz in the even that a starter can't go 5...Cotts, Politte, Marte, Hermanson...

It's hard to say...but for the amount we used Jenks and Shingo it hardly seems worth it to take up a roster spot.

I'll probably get blasted on this and I guess it's unlikely it would happen...just my .02Why not trade Vizcaino. Here is a horrifying stat. He has only stranded 30% of his inherited runners. Shingo has stranded 70%.

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Why not trade Vizcaino. Here is a horrifying stat. He has only stranded 30% of his inherited runners. Shingo has stranded 70%.

Shingo is the player we can get something for, I would assume. Why don't you ask Kenny, not me?

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:08 PM
What the Score said that the Sox are now seriously talking about trading Shingo. Nothing is done yet so this might not happen.

Randar68
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Get ready for the triumphant return of Billy Koch to the Sox bullpen!

Why has nobody noted the possibility of El Duque being dealt to NYY or going to the bullpen (where I personally think he'd thrive) as being side-benefits of trading Shingo to set-up a second move for a starter...

Jjav829
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
What the Score said that the Sox are now seriously talking about trading Shingo. Nothing is done yet so this might not happen.

Maybe if you make a few more posts about it not happening, it won't happen. Maybe you can will KW to not trade Shingo by posting about it another 500 times.

Podzilla_40
07-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Shingo was only relegated to mop up duty for the most part anyway, so settle down people. He rarely pitched in key situations since May.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:10 PM
WSCR has been wrong countless times before. I remember when they announced the Sox had signed Dave Stewart. Turns out it was Dave Steib.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe if you make a few more posts about it not happening, it won't happen. Maybe you can will KW to not trade Shingo by posting about it another 500 times.

ZING!

Randar68
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
WSCR has been wrong countless times before. I remember when they announced the Sox had signed Dave Stewart. Turns out it was Dave Steib.

were you 6 years old when that happened? Just curious. Maybe post a few more times about it and KW will read it...

Anyone know when school starts up again? Sheeesh

whitesoxfan
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM

young, high 90 fastball, very good curve. He'll struggle through control issues initially, but he's got the stuff to be a very effective late inning bullpen pitcher in future years. Besides, what is Shingo doing for us this year besides being used as a mopup pitcher?

Brian26
07-18-2005, 12:15 PM
were you 6 years old when that happened? Just curious. Maybe post a few more times about it and KW will read it...

You want to know the scary part?

Josh has even more posts on that other board than he does here.

wilburaga
07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Maybe we'll get Royce Clayton. Then we can move Uribe to center field.

W

Dice
07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
I just hope this trade doesn't affect the morale of Iguchi, since Shingo did recruit him to the White Sox.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 12:17 PM

Something tells me Aidan will find a way to post when he's in school.

SOXSINCE'70
07-18-2005, 12:17 PM

That's funny,he doesn't strike me as a :dtroll: .

Tekijawa
07-18-2005, 12:18 PM

I remember listening to WSCR and they confirmed that the Sox were getting A Rod! I about Crashed the Car only to find out later that the rumors were confirmed by their sister station.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Not if you combine his "White Sox Josh" totals with his "Aidan" and "Jabroni" totals. :cool:

LuvSox
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM

A 17 year old on summer break? Weird wild stuff.

cleanwsox

I'm 24 and I barely remember the Dave Stieb era. :D:

RKMeibalane

Most people here are trying to forget it.

pwideiki
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
d-backs message board seems to think the sox will get either cintron or hariston? I don't know anything about them.

SOXSINCE'70
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Maybe we'll get Royce Clayton. Then we can move Uribe to center field.

W

Maybe AJ can play second base,Dye play third,Rowand
catch and and Podsednik play first.:roflmao: :roflmao:

SOXSINCE'70
07-18-2005, 12:21 PM

I'm 43.You didn't miss much,so don't worry.:D: :D: :D:

PatK
07-18-2005, 12:27 PM
d-backs message board seems to think the sox will get either cintron or hariston? I don't know anything about them.

I could see Cintron, but not Hairston (on the DL).

mrs. hendu
07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Trading Shingo seems inevitable, sooner or later. Too bad things haven't worked out this season for him and the team b/c last year he seemed like an awesome addition.

They would have to change by favorite Sox tv add - Wasabi or Jalapeno? ...

Brian26
07-18-2005, 12:28 PM

That's interesting since there were rumblings late last year that KW was interested in Cintron. I haven't looked at this stats at all this year. From what I remember, he's a capable back-up infielder. That's more than I expected we could get for Shingo. IF this is true, you can kiss the Willie Harris era goodbye as well.

Podzilla_40
07-18-2005, 12:31 PM
To get Cintron or Hairston would seem unlikely, but I sure hope we do. Bye Bye Willie.

ChiWhiteSox1337
That's interesting since there were rumblings late last year that KW was interested in Cintron. I haven't looked at this stats at all this year. From what I remember, he's a capable back-up infielder. That's more than I expected we could get for Shingo. IF this is true, you can kiss the Willie Harris era goodbye as well.
He has played some 3b in the past, so it could be good insurance to back up Joe Crede. I haven't watched Cintron play thirdbase, but he can't be any worse than Pablo Ozuna in terms of defense.

JimH
By Arizona, are you talking about the D-Backs or the Sox affiliate?

There's no Sox affiliate in Arizona, I assume you were kidding ...

BanditJimmy
Great move if it happens.

Right now we are just looking to open up roster spots for other trades and Ross Gload and El Duque.

Brian26
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Why has nobody noted the possibility of El Duque being dealt to NYY or going to the bullpen (where I personally think he'd thrive) as being side-benefits of trading Shingo to set-up a second move for a starter...

I view Duque as our secret weapon going into the playoffs. I don't think there's any chance in hell we'd trade him to the Yankees. What are you going to get in return to benefit us now that would outweigh the risk of having him help the Yankees and maybe even face the Sox in the postseason? Might as well hang onto him.

JimH
07-18-2005, 12:35 PM

I didn't know you were Dick Allen from the other site.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:36 PM
I view Duque as our secret weapon going into the playoffs. I don't think there's any chance in hell we'd trade him to the Yankees. What are you going to get in return to benefit us now that would outweigh the risk of having him help the Yankees and maybe even face the Sox in the postseason? Might as well hang onto him.his record is awesome in the postseason. That is the reason they brought him here.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Didn't the Score also report that Miguel Tejada would sign with the Cubs. I remember they also reported that Magg$ had signed an extension last year.

CHIsoxNation
07-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I view Duque as our secret weapon going into the playoffs. I don't think there's any chance in hell we'd trade him to the Yankees. What are you going to get in return to benefit us now that would outweigh the risk of having him help the Yankees and maybe even face the Sox in the postseason? Might as well hang onto him.

I agree, the biggest reason KW signed El Duque is because of his post season experience. He has guts and determination and would be PERFECT for the post season. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised or dissapointed if Kenny did pick up another starting pitcher and tried to move El Duque into the pen. I think he would be a great closer, however I don't see Hermanson's job being over-taken any time soon.

JimH
07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
He has played some 3b in the past, so it could be good insurance to back up Joe Crede. I haven't watched Cintron play thirdbase, but he can't be any worse than Pablo Ozuna in terms of defense.

Cintron does a great job at 3B and can play SS and 2B, but I doubt the White Sox could extract him from the D-Backs for Shingo alone. If this happens I think it will be a prospect, although Scott Hairston or Matt Kata might be involved.

JimH
07-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Didn't the Score also report that Miguel Tejada would sign with the Cubs. I remember they also reported that Magg$ had signed an extension last year.

Nope, don't recall either of those two.

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 12:40 PM
If we can get Cintron or Hairston for the last man in the pen, this is a GREAT move. Shingo hasn't contributed to anything on the team this year.

pwideiki
07-18-2005, 12:41 PM
i assume that this trade is just the beginning of something bigger. i believe that KW is just positioning himself for a move and I think it will be under the radar.

The sox do have the best record in baseball and team chemistry seems to be great but we do have to take into consideration that other teams are bettering their rosters by trades. Why just settle for what we have when we are in a great position to do something "special" this year.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if this trade doesn't happen.

TimChamp
07-18-2005, 12:50 PM
If we can get Cintron or Hairston for the last man in the pen, this is a GREAT move. Shingo hasn't contributed to anything on the team this year.

I don't think that will happen considering Shingo is already 37 years old. I think we would have to toss in Willie for this to happen and I wouldn't mind that at all.

--Champ out

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM

This man is right. Cintron would be HUGE for our bench and you can say bye bye to Willie.

As for the comment about "think about Tad." That seems rather...weird. Just because they are both from the same country doesn't mean they are the best of friends. I doubt Tadahito would be heart broken.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
As long as there's no effect on Tad, it's probably a smart move. If we could get a solid infield prospect then I'm happy.

That really concerns me. And before anyone rips me, have you ever spent a large chunk of time in a foreign country? I have, and it SUCKS when everyone around you is talking and laughing and you can't join in the fun. Even if Tad learns English, he still won't understand Ozzie making the isolation even worse.

Erik The Red
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Even if Tad learns English, he still won't understand Ozzie making the isolation even worse.
Are you sure teal is necessary here?

ChiSoxRowand
07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
WSCR has been wrong before. Last June Ofman reported that we were close to a deal with the Braves for Ortiz and Jones. I think this would be a good move for the D-backs, get Shingo in the NL where nobodys seen him. Hopefully we'll get Stephen Drew or Conor Jackson in the deal.

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 01:00 PM
WSCR has been wrong before. Last June Ofman reported that we were close to a deal with the Braves for Ortiz and Jones.

Just because they say we are close doesn't mean that it is going to happen. Hell, look how close Arod was to being a Carmine.

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Jayson Stark on ESPN Chat talks about D-Backs:

They want to upgrade their bullpen, for this year and beyond. I think Danys Baez has cooled off. But they could get Shingo Takatsu from the White Sox as early as today.

Wouldn't put a lot of value in this, but this trade is obviously out there and people seem to think its going to get done, maybe not today, but soon.

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 01:02 PM
WSCR has been wrong before. Last June Ofman reported that we were close to a deal with the Braves for Ortiz and Jones. I think this would be a good move for the D-backs, get Shingo in the NL where nobodys seen him. Hopefully we'll get Stephen Drew or Conor Jackson in the deal.They weren't wrong about that. From what I heard, we WERE close to a deal with the Braves. If they reported it as already happening that's one thing, but reporting that a team is "close" really means nothing, and certainly doesn't mean they're wrong for reporting it.

I can't even being to imagine the amount of trades that were "close to happening" but never did.

TheOldRoman
07-18-2005, 01:02 PM
I wish we could find that thread from over the winter when I got frickin' roasted here for saying the AL had caught up with Shingo by the end of 2004 and he wasn't going to be an effective closer :D:
Ok, and you were WRONG!!!

The AL has not caught up with him. For the last time, he is giving up runs because he falls behind in the count and then has to rely on his fastball. Shingo has been getting behind in the count for most of the year. He is not effective when he gets behind batters. When he gets ahead in the count, nobody hits him. When he goes 2-0, 3-1, he has to throw a fastball for a strike and it gets hit far. The league didn't "catch up" to him. Why is that so hard to understand?

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Ok, and you were WRONG!!!

The AL has not caught up with him. For the last time, he is giving up runs because he falls behind in the count and then has to rely on his fastball. Shingo has been getting behind in the count for most of the year. He is not effective when he gets behind batters. When he gets ahead in the count, nobody hits him. When he goes 2-0, 3-1, he has to throw a fastball for a strike and it gets hit far. The league didn't "catch up" to him. Why is that so hard to understand?

I agree. The league hasn't caught up to him. He just doesn't battle anymore. I don't care what you throw. When you can change speeds of up to 30mph you should be effective. You have to get ahead in the count though. That's a universal thing for all pitchers.

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 01:14 PM
That really concerns me. And before anyone rips me, have you ever spent a large chunk of time in a foreign country? I have, and it SUCKS when everyone around you is talking and laughing and you can't join in the fun. Even if Tad learns English, he still won't understand Ozzie making the isolation even worse.

Not to mention wasn't shingo part of the reason that Tad came over here - that is, that he trusted Shingo's advice enough that he would come to the white sox?

I don't know...I doubt they're best of friends but they're probably pretty close.

chitownhawkfan
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I know this sounds lame but, trading Shingo could disrupt Iguchi. It isnt like trading a Latin player, there are still a dozen other guys on the bench who speak Spanish. What is Iguchi going to do now in the clubhouse?

:andy
Domo origato, Shingo!

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I've read that Tadahito's best friends in the clubhouse are Timo and Harris. I really have to question his judgement. He should make friends that have a future on this team.

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I really have to question his judgement. He should make friends that have a future on this team.

I don't know how teal the second sentence needs to be.

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I think the AL has caught up with Shingo. They sit on his crappy fastball, even if he's throwing strikes with his frisbee, which is extremely rare. He made guys look retarded in some at bats last year because they weren't familiar with his out pitch and would be swinging at pitches in locations they normally wouldn't swing at because they'd never seen pitches like that.

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
On a serious note. Who cares who his friends are? He's a grown man making millions of dollars. I think he can handle it.

You don't think Tadahito has a translator and a support system set in place to make the transition to America easier?

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 01:20 PM
I think the AL has caught up with Shingo. They sit on his crappy fastball, even if he's throwing strikes with his frisbee, which is extremely rare. He made guys look retarded in some at bats last year because they weren't familiar with his out pitch and would be swinging at pitches in locations they normally wouldn't swing at because they'd never seen pitches like that.

I wouldn't call his fastball "crappy." It has some serious movement. He just hasn't located all year.

bennyw41
07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
He Gong!

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
On a serious note. Who cares who his friends are? He's a grown man making millions of dollars. I think he can handle it.

You don't think Tadahito has a translator and a support system set in place to make the transition to America easier?that support system is Shingo.

TheOldRoman
07-18-2005, 01:23 PM
To everyone saying the move might be bad for Tadahito, I dont agree. They may have hung out and gone to dinner a few times, but most of the time they are away from eachother. Iguchi is in the dugout, Shingo is in the bullpen. Iguchi is practicing taking grounders, Shingo is practicing pitching. It's not like they were a keystone combination or anything.

Most importantly, if Shingo gets traded, Iguchi will still have someone to talk to. The Sox hired two japanese translators, one for Shingo and one for Iguchi. Shingo's translator said in an interview how they were really good friends, and how he helps Shingo with everyday tasks like paying phone bills and such. The Sox hired two translators because Iguchi and Shingo would generally not be by eachother during practice/games. Tadahito has a close relationship with his translator, and at the very least will still have him to talk to.

cleanwsox
07-18-2005, 01:23 PM
that support system is Shingo.

You help Tadahito out with his move? How do you know so much? :rolleyes:

TaylorStSox
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Jesus. Is Tadahito 9 years old and going to camp for the first time? This isn't Lost In Translation people. He's a GROWN MAN.

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Honestly, considering how adamant KW was about preserving team chemistry, one would have to assume he'd talk to Iguchi about how he'd feel if Shingo was traded.

There's also the possibility that other than being from the same country and Shingo giving him advice on how Chicago is a good place for Japanese players, they're just not that close.

chitownhawkfan
07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
If we throw in Shingo's translator in any potential trades do you think we could get another player to be named later?

California Sox
07-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I've read that Tadahito's best friends in the clubhouse are Timo and Harris.

Makes sense as Timo is fluent in Japanese.

TheOldRoman
07-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Jesus. Is Tadahito 9 years old and going to camp for the first time? This isn't Lost In Translation people. He's a GROWN MAN.
You are right, it isn't Lost in Translation. We are the best team in baseball and that is a HORRIBLE movie. Good God.:hijacked:

BigEdWalsh
07-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Not to mention the fact that Tadahito seems to me to be the consumate pro. He knows whats best for the team needs to be done.

kevaoc76
07-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi - new here

I seem to remember reading that Iguchi lives in Arlington Heights with his family...not like he's all alone here - he was quoted in Chicago Magazine (a reputable sports rag) as saying it was important to put his wife and kids in a place with a large Japanese community (I don't know much about Arlington Heights...is this true?)

Foulke You
07-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Does anyone consider why the D'backs want Shingo in the first place? Honestly, the deal doesn't make much sense to me from a D'backs perspective unless they feel they are still in the playoff hunt somehow. Shingo is in the last year of a 2 year deal. Why bring him on board in mid season when it appears you aren't going to the playoffs and it will cost you a player like Cintron or someone else?:?: If they were that in love with Shingo, would it not make more sense to just sign him as a free agent in the offseason? I could see doing the deal if Shingo was under contract after this season...this proposed deal seems odd to me.

Also, does anyone else think that Shingo in Arizona would be a disaster? He usually got lit up in Tucson due to the light air causing his pitches not to break as much. Just an observation.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 01:43 PM
What happens if in another hour the deal still isn't done?

anewman35
07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I seem to remember reading that Iguchi lives in Arlington Heights with his family...not like he's all alone here - he was quoted in Chicago Magazine (a reputable sports rag) as saying it was important to put his wife and kids in a place with a large Japanese community (I don't know much about Arlington Heights...is this true?)

Arlington Heights has a Japanese mall/department store, as well as a Japanese school, so yes, it's pretty much true.

Rocky Soprano
07-18-2005, 01:45 PM
What happens if in another hour the deal steal isn't done?

What happens if you stop posting every single minute?

WE GET IT ALREADY, YOU DON'T WANT THE SOX TO TRADE SHINGO!

Sad

I'll still be on my way over for tonight's game...

anewman35

They'd have to send somebody down, obviously. Probably Jenks, I'd assume.

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM

I wasn't aware there was a couple hour deadline from when the score reports something to when the deal has to be done.

It will be moved to What's the Score hopefully with the title.

"Tadahito just wants his mommy, now."

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Someone else will have to go, as El Duque is scheduled to start tonight and there's not room for him yet.

Edit: I can't believe I beat someone to this. :cool:
:tomatoaward

wxkid23
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I like Shingo and I think he could still be of some use in the pen the rest of the season. I think the main reason Shingo has had "control" problems all year is not due to actual mechanical issues but the fact that everytime he throws the ball over the plate it gets crushed. I think the fact he is getting hit hard has affected him psychologically and has in a way made him "scared" to throw it over the plate for few of being rocked. His future success will likely be limited IMO. A man with a 30mph difference of pitches is nice, I just don't know if he has enough to go along with his changeup to keep hitters from laying off the change and hitting the heater.

I think Shingo could go over to the NL and help a contending team down the stretch, especially with the lack of NL exposure.

bumptious96
07-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Arizona is having some big bullpen meltdowns and their closer, Brandon Lyon, has been out for the last two months and was a stud before he got hurt. My guess is they are shoring up a huge weakness to try to make a push to win a despicable NL West.

Mickster
07-18-2005, 01:56 PM

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

BigEdWalsh
07-18-2005, 02:01 PM

:thumbsup: Ba Da Bing!

tebman
07-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi - new here

Don't know about Arlington Heights' Japanese population, but since nobody else has said it yet, :welcome:

Stick around...the threads are informative and funny at the same time!

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:05 PM

What happens if you get banned because you keep posting complete and utter nonsense?

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 02:05 PM
the deal steal

Freudian slip or poor grammar? You decide.

PodzStyleMultiAccount
07-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Any word on who the D-Backs are trading to get Shingo???

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Any word on who the D-Backs are trading to get Shingo???

Bob Brenly's hat from the World Series.

Jerko
07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
People, instead of bitching at Josh, why not just put him on your ignore list? He's on mine. Granted, when I look thru threads now, I see:

White Sox Josh is on your ignore list
when does school start?
Quit posting so much!

Page 1 of 37

Current members viewing thread

White Sox Josh

ilsox7
07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Am I the only one rooting for this trade to happen just to see White Sox Josh's head explode?

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Am I the only one rooting for this trade to happen just to see White Sox Josh's head explode?

No, you're not.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
If they get someone good i have no problem with it.

Rocky Soprano
07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
People, instead of bitching at Josh, why not just put him on your ignore list? He's on mine. Granted, when I look thru threads now, I see:

when does school start?
Quit posting so much!

Page 1 of 37

Current members viewing thread

White Sox Josh

POTW! :kneeslap:

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 02:15 PM

A candle light vigil will be held tonight after the Sox game for Shingo. Attendees will be White Sox Josh, his mother, and his new puppy named Frisbee. Of course he will have his notebook computer with wireless connection so he doesn't miss anything on WSI.

Frisbee's name shall be changed to Randa in a truly awe-inspiring ceremony.

NSSoxFan
07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
If they get someone good i have no problem with it.

Stay by your phone, KW is going to call you to make sure Josh has no problem with it.

cleanwsox
07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
A candle light vigil will be held tonight after the Sox game for Shingo. Attendees will be White Sox Josh, his mother, and his new puppy named Frisbee. Of course he will have his notebook computer with wireless connection so he doesn't miss anything on WSI.

Frisbee's name shall be changed to Randa in a truly awe-inspiring ceremony.

:roflmao::roflmao:

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Stay by your phone, KW is going to call you to make sure Josh has no problem with it.

I can see it now...

:KW

"I called this press conference to clarify reports of an impending deal between us and the Diamondbacks. Let me state for the record that we did have a deal in place; however, after consulting with White Sox Josh, a member of a Sox message board, we elected to break off negotiations with Arizona. Shingo Takatsu is still a member of the Chicago White Sox."

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 02:19 PM
I can see it now...

:KW

"I called this press conference to clarify reports of an impending deal between us and the Diamondbacks. Let me state for the record that we did have a deal in place; however, after consulting with White Sox Josh, a member of a Sox message board, we elected to break off negotiations with Arizona. Shingo Takatsu is still a member of the Chicago White Sox."

Oh, and another thing. We just got Joe Randa. Big move..I know...trust me...I KNOW! We beat out Cleveland for him in a tough deal. Luckily for us, the Reds are big fans of Garland and McCarthy.

White Sox Josh
07-18-2005, 02:19 PM
what i do? I'm sorry for whatever i did.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM

You are posting too much and driving people crazy.

Dancin' Homer
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I wonder if my cat Shingo would mind getting a new name?:whiner:

balke
07-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Isn't Scott Hairston on the Diamondbacks?

Mickster
07-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Rumor is debunked. Shingo being sent down to Charolette. I can't believe the score got it wrong!!!!

dcb33
07-18-2005, 02:32 PM
You are posting too much and driving people crazy.

Maybe we could trade White Sox Josh to soxtalk in exchange for Peace and Quiet.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Now that Shingo has been demoted, I hope someone locks this thread.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Maybe we could trade White Sox Josh to soxtalk in exchange for Peace and Quiet.

And bandwidth to be named later. :cool:

Baby Fisk
07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
You made essentially the same post 13 times in this thread. Got pounded for it, now you're crying again. There's no crying in WSI. :tsk:

And your punctuation gives posters like Nellie Fox and Torn Labrum the hives. For their families' sakes do better!

On the plus side, you keep making my posts look that much better in contrast. :cool:

tlebar318
07-18-2005, 02:36 PM
In the Clubhouse, it is being talked about that ESPN 1000 is reporting Shingo has been sent down to the minors....

SOXfnNlansing
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Maybe we could trade White Sox Josh to soxtalk in exchange for Peace and Quiet. If we traded WSJ then we wouldn't see ARNOLD anymore and I just luvvvv ARNOLD:redneck

ilsox7
07-18-2005, 02:45 PM
You made essentially the same post 13 times in this thread. Got pounded for it, now you're crying again. There's no crying in WSI. :tsk:

And your punctuation gives posters like Nellie Fox and Torn Labrum the hives. For their families' sakes do better!

On the plus side, you keep making my posts look that much better in contrast. :cool:

Haha. I tried to keep up with him for about 5 days. I posted on everything I possibly could, made plenty of stupid posts (well, all of mien are anyways) and I still didn't come within a couple hundred posts of his pace.

Tragg
07-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Any word on which prospect the Sox are getting in return? Probably a bad one..

Probably one of those "organizational minor leaguers".

Seriously, there is no way we should get a bad prospect, except that doesn't Shingo have a pretty high contract?

Randar68
07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Probably one of those "organizational minor leaguers".

Seriously, there is no way we should get a bad prospect, except that doesn't Shingo have a pretty high contract?

Shingo is in year 2 of a 2-year deal for something like 2 million this season.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
shingos been designated for assignment