PDA

View Full Version : Should the Sox Get Kazuhisa Ishii?

Tekijawa
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I made up this rumor when I saw some of the other threads, I figure no one has started a should we get Kaz Ishi thread yet and I kinda felt bad for him...

I understand that we are getting close to the trade deadline, but just because Thome would waive his trade Clause if the White Sox wanted him or Some South Town writer thinks Kenny Rodgers or Roger Clemens would look nice in a Sox uniform do we have to vote on it?

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I made up this rumor when I saw some of the other threads, I figure no one has started a should we get Kaz Ishi thread yet and I kinda felt bad for him...

I understand that we are getting close to the trade deadline, but just because Thome would waive his trade Clause if the White Sox wanted him or Some South Town writer thinks Kenny Rodgers or Rodger Clemens would look nice in a Sox uniform do we have to vote on it?

well I guess it's as good as anything.

I would rather have RP than SP at this point. Who knows...

I get your point though:?:

ilsox7
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM

I understand that we are getting close to the trade deadline, but just because Thome would waive his trade Clause if the White Sox wanted him or Some South Town writer thinks Kenny Rodgers or Roger Clemens would look nice in a Sox uniform do we have to vote on it?

Watch out, Gammons may pick up on this and run with it. No teal needed.

EDIT: Haha. I totally missed the poll portion of the thread until just after I posted!

Baby Fisk
07-18-2005, 12:15 PM

Jawa ***? :?:

Flight #24
07-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Why, do they need a new churro guy?

Tekijawa
07-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Jawa ***? :?:

Sorry, the Jim Thome one really put me over the edge... Why would we even accidently have him on our radar? You already have a LOG JAM at Firstbase and DH and then you add his salary to the equation! Why would this even happen to become a poll?

Baby Fisk
07-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry, the Jim Thome one really put me over the edge... Why would we even accidently have him on our radar? You already have a LOG JAM at Firstbase and DH and then you add his salary to the equation! Why would this even happen to become a pole?Especially because we need to get Todd Helton in there. Heyyyo! :yup:

samram
07-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Teki, this is the best thread going in WTS right now.:D:

Tekijawa
07-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Especially because we need to get Todd Helton in there. Heyyyo! :yup:

The Fish Might be unloading what about Delgado? Cubs are Still in the Wild Card but wonder if Derek Lee is available?

Jjav829
07-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry, the Jim Thome one really put me over the edge... Why would we even accidently have him on our radar? You already have a LOG JAM at Firstbase and DH and then you add his salary to the equation! Why would this even happen to become a poll?

How long until someone brings up the Thome at 3B idea? I mean naturally because Thome was a 3B ten years ago he can still handle the position. :rolleyes:

dcb33
07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
HELL YES!!!! And after the Sox get Ishii they can go trade for Chan Ho Park and Hideo Nomo to get a corner on the "Bad Starting pitching from Japan brought over by the Dodgers" market!!! Get 'er done, Kenny!:tongue:

Tekijawa
07-18-2005, 12:28 PM
How long until someone brings up the Thome at 3B idea? I mean naturally because Thome was a 3B ten years ago he can still handle the position. :rolleyes:

Like he'd start 3rd infront of Eric Chavez!?!?!? Oh Yeah, and do you think McCarthy, Anderson and Rogowski would be too much to give up if he was willing to play third? Or should we throw in Marte, Crede and Takatsu? or maybe Dye, Everett or Rowand? I'd like to dismantle as many of our strenghts as possible in order to get a Big Name in here for the playoff push!

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 12:32 PM

Let's trade back for C. Lee. I heard he was originally a 3B. And didn't Paulie play 3B and what about Timo? We haven't tried him there!:D:

fquaye149
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Like he'd start 3rd infront of Eric Chavez!?!?!? Oh Yeah, and do you think McCarthy, Anderson and Rogowski would be too much to give up if he was willing to play third? Or should we throw in Marte, Crede and Takatsu? or maybe Dye, Everett or Rowand? I'd like to dismantle as many of our strenghts as possible in order to get a Big Name in here for the playoff push!

No way - Let's give up Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, and Hermanson.

I mean didn't you read ESPN before the season? This is the AL so pitching doesn't matter, we don't have any power at all after trading away Lee and Maggs, and also our big three will not be successful because they don't strike enough people out.

Follow Rob Neyer's advice and we could win this division yet!

Baby Fisk
07-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Don't forget Dye will play 1B after we unload GIDPK to Arizona for Shawn Green.

[meanwhile, KW scans WSI at his desk...]

:KW
"What the hell is this ****? This is the last time I come here for ideas."

Banix12
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
No, if all you guys are frustrated by Contreras' inconsistancy just wait till you see Ishii. The guy is a nibbler. Never attacks the strikezone and tentatively nibbles at the corners with every pitch.

Tekijawa
07-18-2005, 05:43 PM
No, if all you guys are frustrated by Contreras' inconsistancy just wait till you see Ishii. The guy is a nibbler. Never attacks the strikezone and tentatively nibbles at the corners with every pitch.

This is why teal should be available in the Thread Titles!

me_and_the_sox
07-18-2005, 07:32 PM
All I can ssay is..................:threadsucks