PDA

View Full Version : Decision On Gload Today

Madvora
07-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Today marks the end of Ross Gload's 20 day rehab assignment in the minors. The Sox have to decide what to do with him today. He might not come up at all.

Daily Southtown
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/181sd2.htm
One Sox source said that because Gload has options left, it's expected he will remain with Triple-A Charlotte. Barring injuries or changes to the Sox roster, Gload would remain with the Knights until major league rosters expand on Sept. 1.

Tribune
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050717soxbits,1,7934769.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
Joe Crede's lower back problems might sway the Sox toward keeping infielder Willie Harris on the 25-man roster and optioning first baseman-outfielder Ross Gload to Triple-A Charlotte. A decision must be made Monday on Gload, who completed a 20-day rehab assignment Sunday with the Knights, batting .375.

Suntimes
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug18.html
Guillen hinted before the game that the Sox might make a move Sunday to open a roster spot for Hernandez. He also said they might decide to recall Ross Gload, which would cost either Willie Harris or Timo Perez a roster spot unless a trade is made.

We all know we need Gload, but I don't want to break up something here that's being done.

AaronsAmigos
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
i really hope that ozzie makes the right decsion by sending somebody down for gload, gload is good contact hitter and also a left handed hitter off the bench

Madvora
07-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I agree. He needs to be here and either Timo or Harris should be gone.

If they're so worried about Crede, then replace him already.

MUScholar21
07-18-2005, 10:49 AM
He just went 4-5 with two home runs yesterday. If KW and Ozzie are so confident in Jermaine Dye's ability to fill in at first, there are plenty of teams who could use a left-handed OF/1B who can hit for power or average. They might as well package him for a starter.

ndu3t4
07-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Call Ross up and send Willie down to AAA where he belongs. It'll be nice to have a guy to put in for Paulie on his days off.

lostletters
07-18-2005, 11:20 AM
He just went 4-5 with two home runs yesterday. If KW and Ozzie are so confident in Jermaine Dye's ability to fill in at first, there are plenty of teams who could use a left-handed OF/1B who can hit for power or average. They might as well package him for a starter.

UMM NO!

If Konerko walks we need Gload. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Gload is probably not going anywhere simply because of what is happening next year. I say send down willie. Gload is just to valuable. And whatever the White Sox do, they should not trade Gload, because there is NO garuntee that Konerko will be around next year, and Gload is replacement that will not cost us anything.

me_and_the_sox
07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey guys this is my first post so hello everyone, Anyway we should not have Konerko walk are you crazY? no way Its is Pretty Obvious what will happen with Gload, He is Getting Wunsched out.

Madvora
07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
UMM NO!

If Konerko walks we need Gload. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Gload is probably not going anywhere simply because of what is happening next year. I say send down willie. Gload is just to valuable. And whatever the White Sox do, they should not trade Gload, because there is NO garuntee that Konerko will be around next year, and Gload is replacement that will not cost us anything.
Very good point. I haven't really thought about that. Paulie's batting .255, which is actually above his recent average, so I don't think JR and KW are opening up the wallet just yet.

Frater Perdurabo
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM

I think they ought to package their right-handed All-Star first baseman for prospects that they then can deal for a starting pitcher and let Gload start at first base. (Then they should package those prospects and more to Pittsburgh for Rob Mackowiak and Mark Redman.)

Really, can Gload perform any worse than Paulie has performed for much (most) of this season? He certainly can do at least the same job (with perhaps a much higher average and perhaps a few fewer homers) for a lot less money.

JB98
07-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I think they ought to package their right-handed All-Star first baseman for prospects that they then can deal for a starting pitcher and let Gload start at first base. (Then they should package those prospects and more to Pittsburgh for Rob Mackowiak and Mark Redman.)

Really, can Gload perform any worse than Paulie has performed for much (most) of this season? He certainly can do at least the same job (with perhaps a much higher average and perhaps a few fewer homers) for a lot less money.

What's the score? The same Mark Redman that got lit up by the Cubs? We need him and Mackowiak like I need a fatal chest wound.

You people bitch about the kind of teammate Konerko is. I remember a game last year in Oakland that we actually won. We beat Redman, and we got the winning run on an error. Redman SHOWED UP HIS TEAMMATE ON THE FIELD after the guy made the error. Just a despicable display. And you want to trade for him?

FloridaSox
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Gload has been optioned to Charlotte as of today. See ESPN.com transactions.

GiveMeSox
07-18-2005, 04:51 PM

Gload is great but with Crede being unavailable to play some days we need Willie. That way if we have to pinch hit for Ozuna we can do so then slide uribe to 3rd and put willie at short.

Lip Man 1
07-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Gload was designated for Charlotte this afternoon on injury rehab. This buys the Sox time to make a move and clear roster space. me thinks whatever they do is going to involve multiple players.

Lip

TimoandAaron
07-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Gload can play the OF right?

Then why not send down Timo,.......he sucks.

FielderJones
07-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Gload can play the OF right?

No, he can't. I'd rather see Timo out there than Gload.

TimoandAaron
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
No, he can't. I'd rather see Timo out there than Gload.he played last year, and i would rather see Gloads bat then have an aotomatic out in the first 8 innings.

maurice
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't want to see Gload in the OF either, but that's not necessary. The Sox have 5 guys who can play OF without Timo. Send that piece of garbage packing.

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
If Gload doesn't come up until September, I don't think he can't make the playoff roster! It would be a mistake to allow Willie Harris a playoff spot and not Gload.