PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets on Sale Date?

Mots09
07-17-2005, 11:02 PM
nm

ChiSoxRowand
07-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Probably not until mid to late September. I think that's when they went on sale in 03.

Foulke You
07-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Probably not until mid to late September. I think that's when they went on sale in 03.
Yep, this is also when they started selling ALDS tix in 2000 if I remember right. Two weeks later they started selling ALCS tickets. I had row 9 on the outfield lower deck for what would have been Yankees vs White Sox in the ALCS. It was a very somber moment when I had to mail them back for the refund.:(:

doublem23
07-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Yep, this is also when they started selling ALDS tix in 2000 if I remember right. Two weeks later they started selling ALCS tickets. I had row 9 on the outfield lower deck for what would have been Yankees vs White Sox in the ALCS. It was a very somber moment when I had to mail them back for the refund.:(:

Just out of curiosity, did Ticketmaster refund you the service charge, too, or did they keep that for themselves.]

Not that it'll keep me from getting my play-off tickets, I just want to know what's going to happen to my Game 7 tickets when the Sox win it in 4. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, did Ticketmaster refund you the service charge, too, or did they keep that for themselves.]

Not that it'll keep me from getting my play-off tickets, I just want to know what's going to happen to my Game 7 tickets when the Sox win it in 4. :cool:

I'm sorry, but you didn't hear that I've won the Illinois Lottery and will buy out Comiskey Park for each playoff game? You'll have to get in line! :cool:

doublem23
07-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry, but you didn't hear that I've won the Illinois Lottery and will buy out Comiskey Park for each playoff game? You'll have to get in line! :cool:

I ain't gettin' in line for no Redbird. :tongue:

iamkoza
07-18-2005, 04:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, did Ticketmaster refund you the service charge, too, or did they keep that for themselves.

Nope, i was surprised there wasnt a refund fee know those greedy jerkasses

soxfanreggie
07-18-2005, 07:41 AM
iam...not only is there probably a refund fee...there's likely a reshipment fee back to them and a fee to ship your own money back to you (the process taking 2-3 months). There will also be a 'convenience fee' to make sure it gets there on time rather than getting 'lost' in the mail! :D:

anewman35
07-18-2005, 07:45 AM
iam...not only is there probably a refund fee...there's likely a reshipment fee back to them and a fee to ship your own money back to you (the process taking 2-3 months). There will also be a 'convenience fee' to make sure it gets there on time rather than getting 'lost' in the mail! :D:

No, IIRC I'm almost sure there was no fee (I was surprised too). There's no reshipment fee because there was no reshippment, they let you keep the tickets (why wouldn't they?) and just refund your credit card.

soxgirl617
07-18-2005, 08:55 AM
No, IIRC I'm almost sure there was no fee (I was surprised too). There's no reshipment fee because there was no reshippment, they let you keep the tickets (why wouldn't they?) and just refund your credit card.

Of course, we shouldn't even be talking about playoff tickets in July. :cool:

The poster about the reshipment and refund fees was being sarcastic. However, IIRC, you DID have to return the tickets in 2000. I stood in line at American National Bank (or which ever bank it was) downtown to get my refund, and you had to give up the tickets to get your $$$$.

LuvSox
07-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Of course, we shouldn't even be talking about playoff tickets in July. :cool: .

No, we shouldn't.

anewman35
07-18-2005, 11:19 AM
No, we shouldn't.

Why not? Yes, I know it's only July. But, barring a historic collapse, we're going to make the playoffs. Might a historic collapse happen? Sure. But it wouldn't have been because people were talking about playoff tickets in July.

Iguana775
07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
nm

Let's wait till we actually clinch something?

Sly
07-18-2005, 11:38 AM
As I remember it: At first, Ticketmaster tried to keep the service fees. (Surprise!) But then everyone raised holy hell and we got all the money back ...