PDA

View Full Version : Ugh....BBTN

34rancher
07-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Why is it that no love even transends to the internet? (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/bbtn/index) Sorry AJ and Tadahito, I guess your home runs didn't count today...

Erik The Red
07-17-2005, 09:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hrtrackerbydate?date=20050717

sthbndsox
07-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Why is it that no love even transends to the internet? (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/bbtn/index) Sorry AJ and Tadahito, I guess your home runs didn't count today...

I think those are put on there with the soonest ones on top. As more homers get hit, the earlier ones get bumped off.

Tragg
07-17-2005, 11:03 PM
ESPN is having some Boston love-fest tonight. They're absolutely shameless.

FarWestChicago
07-17-2005, 11:10 PM
ESPN is having some Boston love-fest tonight. They're absolutely shameless.How can a tabloid be shameless? Aren't they supposed to be absurd and over the top?

mbwhitesox
07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
If you click on the "The Complete List" at the bottom, you're taken to a different screen and it says this at the bottom of the list:

This box will display the most current home runs hit around the major leagues. Before games start each day, the list will show the 10 longest home runs hit on the previous day. It will update automatically.

ilsox7
07-18-2005, 01:06 AM
ESPN is having some Boston love-fest tonight. They're absolutely shameless.

You sure it's just tonight? On the rare occasions I pay attention and watch ESPN, it always seems to be a Boston love-fest.

SoxFan78
07-18-2005, 09:18 AM
The best is when they were going over the top 5 web gems the said something to the effect "Well here are the top 5 web gems of the day, but probably not of the night since we have the Red Sox/Yankees game tonight".

FU ESPN

Tragg
07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
You sure it's just tonight? On the rare occasions I pay attention and watch ESPN, it always seems to be a Boston love-fest.
They certainly always treat new england, and particularly boston, as their home town team and hype them. They created Big East basketball, and U Conn athletics is their personal Frankenstein. Nevertheless, tonight was particularly shameless. They kept showing Fisk's home run, and a special retrospective of Boston sports history, playing music with "boston" in the lyrics.

Kuzman
07-18-2005, 01:44 PM
That was hoorible, id say a good 12-15 minutes of BBTN was directly towards the Boston, New York game. Let alone not talking about the Sox win at all, or AJ and Tads home runs. Although they did show a webgem of Podsedniks would be triple getting robbed. Pfff.

1951Campbell
07-18-2005, 02:47 PM
The best is when they were going over the top 5 web gems the said something to the effect "Well here are the top 5 web gems of the day, but probably not of the night since we have the Red Sox/Yankees game tonight".

FU ESPN

C'mon, ManRam is known for flashing the leather!

Podzilla_40
07-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Do you honestly think they didn't list AJP's and Iguchi's HR for spite? Stop fishing for things to bitch about, yes they are very biased towards the AL east, but I for one would rather go unnoticed than have John Kruk fawn over us.

buehrle4cy05
07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
but I for one would rather go unnoticed than have John Kruk fawn over us.

Amen:thumbsup: