PDA

View Full Version : Schilling and match-ups vs. Boston?

PeteWard
07-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Just wondering if anyone has the pitching match-ups vs. Boston. I think they throw Wells for the opener (?). And when is Schilling projected to start his first game? Vs. the Sox or later?

Wirtzsucks19
07-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Wells.:rolleyes:

billyvsox
07-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Here are the matchups for the Red Sox series.

Thursday Buehrle vs Clement
Friday Garland vs Wakefield
Saturday El Duke vs Miller?
Sunday Contreras vs Arroyo

We miss Wells and Schilling will still be in the pen. Contreras can rid himself of old Yanks-Sox demons.

Rocklive99
07-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Oh great, a knuckleballer, GET READY FOR A PK 3 WEEK EXTENDED FUNK! This will be an exciting series though, I'm already pumped

FielderJones
07-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh great, a knuckleballer, GET READY FOR A PK 3 WEEK EXTENDED FUNK!

Get ready for 10 SBs by Pods! :D:

Rocklive99
07-18-2005, 12:31 AM

Touche!

jabrch
07-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Oh great, a knuckleballer, GET READY FOR A PK 3 WEEK EXTENDED FUNK! This will be an exciting series though, I'm already pumped

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Gload up here, and starting, vs Wakefield. That would be a great day to see PK's ass planted firmly on the bench.

PeteWard
07-18-2005, 01:09 AM

I'll drink to that. Maybe they should just concede 2nd Base rather than risk throwing it away into center. :cool:

After posting this thread I read that Schilling may be in the pen until September. Not that I really care about all of this over-coverage and hype of Bosox--just wondering how it might effect their games vs. THE Sox

gobears1987
07-18-2005, 01:26 AM

We miss Wells and Schilling will still be in the pen. Contreras can rid himself of old Yanks-Sox demons.
He rid himself of those demons when he beat them last August.

CYGarland20
07-18-2005, 01:53 AM

We miss Wells and Schilling will still be in the pen. Contreras can rid himself of old Yanks-Sox demons. I like our chances against Miller and Wakefield, not so much against Clement and Arroyo. Too bad we miss Wells because we hit lefties well. :(:

iamkoza
07-18-2005, 04:23 AM
I like our chances against Miller and Wakefield, not so much against Clement and Arroyo. Too bad we miss Wells because we hit lefties well. :(:

and the fans in attendance could thank david for that great effort and 5-7 record he gave us way back when

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2005, 04:40 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Gload up here, and starting, vs Wakefield. That would be a great day to see PK's ass planted firmly on the bench.

I'd love to see Gload in that game as well. Unfortunately, I don't even know if Gload is going to be called up in the forseeable future. With Crede's back problems and a lack of backup infielders, sending Harris down may not be a possibility and Gload may be optioned to AAA. As much as I'd hate to see this happen, it's completely possible. This will all be solved tomorrow, as
A. A roster spot needs to be freed for El Duque, which means
1. We could see a Shingo trade
2. Bye bye Bobby Jenks for now
B. Gload's 20-day rehab stint just ended, so a decision needs to be made. I hope he goes up and Willie goes down, but I could see either possibility happening