PDA

View Full Version : White Sox mentioned in Clorox commercial!

Mendoza Line
07-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Did anyone happen to see the new Clorox bleach commercial? The theme is "What would we call things if we couldnt keep them white?" About halfway through, a fan in a White Sox jersey appears to say "The Chicago... Offwhite Sox?"

For a second I thought it was a local commercial, but I saw it on Gameshow Network! It's the first time I can remember that the White Sox are the only team to be named in any sort of product commercial. I loooove getting some recognition.

I hope its a sign of things to come!!

UglySince83
07-17-2005, 07:24 PM
thats awesome, maybe I'll get to see it out here in PHX

So.ILSoxFan
07-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Finally, being the white sox and not the red sox pays off!!! The "off-red sox" just doesn't sound as good.

:D:

oldcomiskey
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Finally, being the white sox and not the red sox pays off!!! The "off-red sox" just doesn't sound as good.

:D:
thats like the sammy commercial with the sox fan----I forgot what product it was

gr8mexico
07-17-2005, 09:46 PM
It was a Pepsi commercial

lbtigerfan
07-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Did anyone happen to see the new Clorox bleach commercial? The theme is "What would we call things if we couldnt keep them white?" About halfway through, a fan in a White Sox jersey appears to say "The Chicago... Offwhite Sox?"

For a second I thought it was a local commercial, but I saw it on Gameshow Network! It's the first time I can remember that the White Sox are the only team to be named in any sort of product commercial. I loooove getting some recognition.

It's certainly not local, as it comes on tv down here in southern Louisiana. Didn't someone already post a thread about this though? Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool myself... being that down here we don't hear ANYTHING about the Sox. Just the freaking Cubs. I'll blame WGN for that one.

rwcescato
07-17-2005, 10:59 PM

My brother and his wife mentioned it to me last night. I haven't seen it but its great that we are getting some recognition from the national laundry media.

Iguana775
07-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Yep. It's been on for at least a month...Probably more.

Ron Karkovice
07-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Hopefully hip hop and rap artists will see this commercial and support SOX gear in their videos!

BNLSox
07-18-2005, 12:04 AM
thats like the sammy commercial with the sox fan----I forgot what product it was

That was a great commercial. Mostly because that is what a Sox fan would have done. Ordered the man a really spicy taco. Its like shaking someone's hand REALLY REALLY hard. You show respect with a little zing.

BNLSox
07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Hopefully hip hop and rap artists will see this commercial and support SOX gear in their videos!

LOL! Shouldnt this be in Teal.

FedEx227
07-18-2005, 12:06 AM
They already do...

The Game seems like a huge supporter hes worn a Sox hat in about 2-3 videos so far.

50 Cent can also be seen wearing a Sox hat in Tony Yayo's video "So Seductive"...but I'd rather 50 not wear our hat ;)

but yeah, with Clorox reppin' us, no doubt rappers will jump aboard, the two are so closely knit.

paciorek1983
07-18-2005, 12:12 AM
50 Cent can also be seen wearing a Sox hat in Tony Yayo's video "So Seductive"...but I'd rather 50 not wear our hat ;)

I'd rather there just be no 50 Cent altogether.

And, as for the commercial, too bad our team doesn't even wear White socks.:(:

Wirtzsucks19
07-18-2005, 12:17 AM
And, as for the commercial, too bad our team doesn't even wear White socks.:(:Konerko,"is it weird that we are called the White Sox, but we wear black sox?"

Tim Hudson,"no, its not that weird"

Sportscenter comercial about 2 years ago.

paciorek1983
07-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Konerko,"is it weird that we are called the White Sox, but we wear black sox?"

Tim Hudson,"no, its not that weird"

Sportscenter comercial about 2 years ago.
Yeah I know, but it is weird, and stupid.:(: