SOXfnNlansing
07-17-2005, 02:48 PM
I think I saw Maggs pull his 'hernia' muscle

santo=dorf
07-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Ok, what did Dmitri say this time? :rolleyes:

chisox56
07-17-2005, 02:55 PM
farnsworth picked lima up and slammed him to the ground, i wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the bigger suspensions out of this.

SOXfnNlansing
07-17-2005, 03:06 PM
here's the pitch to the head pic

SOXfnNlansing
07-17-2005, 03:07 PM
here's more brawl footage

Unregistered
07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
farnsworth picked lima up and slammed him to the ground, i wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the bigger suspensions out of this.
He picked up Jeremy Affeldt, not Lima. And I don't even think he was able to get him on the ground before everyone ran over to stop it.

Runelvys Hernandez hit 4 guys today.

The Racehorse
07-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I hope both teams ended up beating the crap out of each other.

ATXBMX
07-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Who would have thought the battle for last place would be so heated?

cheeses_h_rice
07-17-2005, 04:32 PM

LMAO!

patbooyah
07-17-2005, 04:37 PM
i wonder if anyone will be missing time during the det/sox series...

Brian26
07-17-2005, 04:38 PM

Farnsworth came in like a punk just looking to take somebody out...anybody. Afeldt was chirping over by the dugout, so Farnsworth made a big scene and ran over to him and took him with a really weak double-leg takedown. The second angle they showed made it pretty clear it wasn't a devastating tackle or anything. They both fell down and it looked rather gay after it was done. Seems like he was just trying to recreate that 2003 move he did. Farnsworth and Samuel are both punks, and Lance Parrish started acting like a tough guy because it seemed like Farnsworth was going to take his spot as "biggest bad ass on the Tigers", so Lance pushed some Royals coach. The whole situation was pretty funny.

Brian26
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
i wonder if anyone will be missing time during the det/sox series...

MLB usually takes a few days to hand out suspensions, and you can guarantee that whatever the decision is, it will be appealed. Look for suspensions to be served 3-4 weeks from now.

patbooyah
07-17-2005, 04:43 PM
what did mags do during the fight- the image makes it look like he has a tepid interest...

The Dude
07-17-2005, 04:47 PM
what did mags do during the fight- the image makes it look like he has a tepid interest...

Hopefully Maggs doesnt use this as an excuse to not play tomorrow. I can see him punking out for the first game.

JUribe1989
07-17-2005, 05:10 PM
It's incredibly hypocritical what the Tigers announcer said that Hernandez's throwing at Guillen's head was a cheap shot, then when Farnsworth tackles Affeldt who had absolutely nothing to do with the fight he yelled "OOOHHH BOY YOU DON'T MESS WITH FARNSWORTH!" and then the color commentary chimed in with some comment like "That's my boy right there, KYLE knocking him down!" Farnsworth always wants to show off his tackling skills. Go play football you ****er, it's obviously your stronger game.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-17-2005, 05:11 PM

His last one hit Carlos Guillen right on the helmet.

Someone on the Tigers must have reminded the Royals that they have yet to win 1 game against the Sox.

LuvSox
07-17-2005, 05:28 PM
He picked up Jeremy Affeldt, not Lima. And I don't even think he was able to get him on the ground before everyone ran over to stop it.

Farnsworth signs with WWE

Erik The Red
07-17-2005, 08:17 PM
A bench clearing brawl in Detroit, of all places? Shocking!

Rocklive99
07-18-2005, 12:59 AM
I really hate Farnsworth, wow, you're tough **** for slamming down big bad Paul Wilson, so he does it when Affeldt wasn't expecting it. How about trying it on Frank Thomas, AJ Pierzynski or Carl Everett and seeing what happens Kyle...?

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Farnsworth signs with WWE

:roflmao:
I love that coach's expression, he's like, "That's my boy Farnsworth! Always tackling people!"

iamkoza
07-18-2005, 01:28 AM
I really hate Farnsworth, wow, you're tough **** for slamming down big bad Paul Wilson, so he does it when Affeldt wasn't expecting it. How about trying it on Frank Thomas, AJ Pierzynski or Carl Everett and seeing what happens Kyle...?

It's not like he tackled affeldt from behind, and i doubt he randomly speared him for no reason. It's too bad he wont be suspended in time for the upcoming series

voodoochile
07-18-2005, 01:42 AM

Maybe he was afraid to get punched in the face by Fick...

:maggs
"I'm on your team now, bobby..."

:fick
"Like I care, hernia boy..."

"Oh my knee... I mean... Oh... my arm. I may have to miss another month or two."

"*** are you talking about?!???!??!!! I didn't kick you in the arm..."

*winks* "Thanks Bobby. Hey, how about I buy you a new car?"

*kicks magglio straight in the nuts* "That ought to get me a Porsche..."

lostletters
07-18-2005, 03:00 AM
While for KC this means little.

I think this shows alot about Detriot right now. They are a team that is VERY frustrated. They were a team that thought they would be one of the top two teams in the division below .500. They were being shut out by one of the worst teams in baseball and split a four game set.

Basically the tigers are a team that were on the verge of a meltdown. Today was the meltdown.

MHOUSE
07-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Apparently Guillen thought he was hit by the pitch before the one that got him in the helmet. It might have grazed his jersey, but the ump said no. He must've felt Hernandez did the next one to be like "if you want the free base, take it one in the head." Whatever, both these teams suck. Farnsworth is a punk. I don't care what Affledt said, but the fight had pretty much calmed down before that and he had run all the way in from the bullpen. At least Paul Wilson charged him.

doublem23
07-18-2005, 03:39 AM
The pitch that Guillen thought hit him barely knicked his back foot, if it did at all. On SC they showed the replay, and I agree with Carlos, it probably did hit his foot... If if hit the dirt, it took a funky hop up and I don't know anybody that would have that kind of presence of mind to immediately pretend like he got hit on a curve in the dirt.

Either way, **** both these worthless teams. Combine their rosters and you still have a team 20 games under .500.

wdelaney72
07-18-2005, 10:43 AM
I found this to be thoroughly enjoyable. My question is, with how anal umpires are these days, how did this guy even have the opportunity to hit 4 batters?

I don't blame the Tigers at all on this one. It's a good think Farnsworth can't pitch as good as he tackles.

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Maybe he was afraid to get punched in the face by Fick...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, VC, but Fick hasn't been on the Tigers for about 5 years. :D:

Hangar18
07-18-2005, 12:04 PM

HDHHAHH hehehehe hhehehehe, excellent. I'll say this ......
this isnt a BS division

sthbndsox
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
The pitch that Guillen thought hit him barely knicked his back foot, if it did at all. On SC they showed the replay, and I agree with Carlos, it probably did hit his foot... If if hit the dirt, it took a funky hop up and I don't know anybody that would have that kind of presence of mind to immediately pretend like he got hit on a curve in the dirt.

Either way, **** both these worthless teams. Combine their rosters and you still have a team 20 games under .500.

Yea, but if you combine the rosters, you'd pretty much have the Detroit Tigers starting out there anyway....

maurice
07-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Farnsworth tackles another random pitcher for no apparent reason?

<Yawn>

voodoochile
07-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I hate to be the one to tell you this, VC, but Fick hasn't been on the Tigers for about 5 years. :D:

Damn... I meant Higginson...:whiner:

soxwon
07-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Farnsworth tackle WAS AWESOME, like a wrestling move.

Did you see how far he carried the guy?

Didnt farnsworth do that once in a fight with the cubs?

Id love to have the guy.

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Farnsworth tackle WAS AWESOME, like a wrestling move.

Did you see how far he carried the guy?

Didnt farnsworth do that once in a fight with the cubs?

Id love to have the guy.

Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy was probably drunk when he did it. That guy is an *******.

soxwon
07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
It has nothing to do if he is an A######

it was a great move, just admiring the MOVE.

Besides farnsworth is a decent reliever, he was the only cub, i would have wanted at the time.

once again GREAT MOVE!!!!

farnsworth drunk? huh?

soltrain21
07-18-2005, 08:34 PM
It has nothing to do if he is an A######

it was a great move, just admiring the MOVE.

Besides farnsworth is a decent reliever, he was the only cub, i would have wanted at the time.

once again GREAT MOVE!!!!

farnsworth drunk? huh?

Well this is baseball, not the WWF. Farnsworth gets sloshed after every game. But you might think that is cool, too...since you like his fighting abilities.