PDA

View Full Version : Miller Park Experience

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-17-2005, 01:23 AM
I went to the Nationals/Brewers game tonight and it was a great experience. I loved how the parking went right into the express way and it was cheap. I loved Miller Park. There was a lot of room, it seemed "elite", and the food was great. I did have a few problems. One being the abstructed view. We sat in the club level about 3 levels up. They were great seats but there was this pointless railing infront of us that you had to lean over to watch the game. It was compltley pointless and it destroyed a good game view. Another negative was the concourse. We couldnt go on the concourse and get the "ambience" you get at the cell. Cool perk was people taking your orders and bringing you food. I loved that. It was a great game too. One of the nationals dudes got kicked out which made the crowd go nuts. Something that was really funny was the Lyle Overbay "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" chant with the "O" shaped arms. That got really annoying because it didnt stop. One dude asked me why "i wasnt wearing cubbie blue". I told him simply because sox fans hate the cubs. Surprisingly, i saw ALOT of sox dudes there. I mabye saw 1 or two cub fans which i did not expect to see so little. Overall it was a great experience and i highly reccomend miller park to someone who wants a great ballgame and good food.

The Racehorse
07-17-2005, 01:39 AM
One dude asked me why "i wasnt wearing cubbie blue". I told him simply because sox fans hate the cubs.

You handled that better than I would have... I'd probably had said something along the lines of, "Sox fans don't root for the damn Cubs. Hell, even Uecker knows that!"

HebrewHammer
07-17-2005, 03:01 AM
I also attended the game tonight. Once I saw it was Rollie Fingers bobbleheard night, I had to get tickets. I sat 17 rows behind home plate on the lower level. Great game tonight, I was rooting for the ELo and the Nats(this team is constantly fighting with the umpires, good luck getting a call in the stretch run boys) and the friend I went with was rooting for CLee and the Crew(This lineup reminds me a lot of the 04 Sox, too many IF popups, DPs and K's in key situations)

I was blown away by Miller Park. It's a beautiful facility. It might be my favorite ballpark. I need to sit in other spots to really find out, but the lower level was awesome.

Sausage race was pretty funny, as was the airhead blonde constantly hawking the Brewers. I've paid, you've got my money, stop trying to explain why I made my purchase. Everything was very much geared for families which made for a comfortable atmosphere.

I guess I'm spoiled by The Cell, but the parking seemed like a pain in the neck.

I picked up tickets for the 9/3 game against SD, it's Carlos Lee bobblehead night, yes I am a sucker for these things. It could be Jim Gantner bobblehead night and I'd probably go.

Mr. White Sox
07-17-2005, 03:27 AM
Something that was really funny was the Lyle Overbay "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" chant with the "O" shaped arms. That got really annoying because it didnt stop.

Which is a blatant rip-off of the UW-Madison chant at Camp Randall in the "O" section. It belongs in a college football stadium, not an MLB ballpark. Damn Wisconsonites.Grumpy Mr. White Sox out. :smile:

soxfanreggie
07-17-2005, 03:29 AM
I was at the game too. One of my friends, who is quite stupid when it comes to choosing who's the best baseball team (he's a Cubs fan), wore all Cubs stuff. People there generally treated me better being a Sox fan than him being a Cubs fan. I wore some Sox stuff. People there love the Pods-Lee trade. They said they were sorry we still had Viz the "Volcano" on our major league roster still and that they were glad to get rid of them. They wished us and Scotty Pods luck the rest of the season. Then they started ripping on the Cubs and especially Prior.

They did give away a sweet Rollie bobblehead. The guy behind me one a blue uni one and he said he won a blue uni one last time. Lucky guy...

Miller Park is a nice stadium. The people there were all friendly, it was an enjoyable game. It's not as nice in the outfield as Comiskey is with the city in the background and the nicest jumbotron in the MLB along with the fundamentals thing, but it's a nice stadium altogether. I will probably go up there if they play the Sox in interleague play. I think that is definitely a possibility with how many Sox fans are going to games now...what like 200,000+ tickets sold already for the next 6 games...

The Brewers definitely have some good promotions, hopefully the Sox are keeping up on theres as well.

I hate going to Devil Ray games cuz they never have good promotions. It'd be nice once in a while to get a bobblehead or something there. They might have like 1 promotion in like 30 days. I'm sure glad I have mlb tv and can catch games that aren't shown down there. I would die if I missed the Sox for 2 weeks. Hopefully they have some games on WGN, Fox, or ESPN when I'm down there.

ilsox7
07-17-2005, 03:38 AM
I went to the Nationals/Brewers game tonight and it was a great experience. I loved how the parking went right into the express way and it was cheap. I loved Miller Park. There was a lot of room, it seemed "elite", and the food was great. I did have a few problems. One being the abstructed view. We sat in the club level about 3 levels up. They were great seats but there was this pointless railing infront of us that you had to lean over to watch the game. It was compltley pointless and it destroyed a good game view. Another negative was the concourse. We couldnt go on the concourse and get the "ambience" you get at the cell. Cool perk was people taking your orders and bringing you food. I loved that. It was a great game too. One of the nationals dudes got kicked out which made the crowd go nuts. Something that was really funny was the Lyle Overbay "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" chant with the "O" shaped arms. That got really annoying because it didnt stop. One dude asked me why "i wasnt wearing cubbie blue". I told him simply because sox fans hate the cubs. Surprisingly, i saw ALOT of sox dudes there. I mabye saw 1 or two cub fans which i did not expect to see so little. Overall it was a great experience and i highly reccomend miller park to someone who wants a great ballgame and good food.

Sounds like you went to a restaurant that just happened to be near a baseball game.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds like you went to a restaurant that just happened to be near a baseball game.

?

skobabe8
07-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourslef, CFAD. What did you eat? Did you tailgate?

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourslef, CFAD. What did you eat? Did you tailgate?

No we didnt tailgate, however i wish we did. The tailgating atmosphere was awsome. We had some great food: Hotdogs, Brats, Fries, Drinks, Popcorn, and Ice Cream. It was excellent. I wanted to go to the Mars Cheese Castle but my dad said we didnt have enough time and that we'd go there next time we went to milwaukee.

skobabe8
07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
No we didnt tailgate, however i wish we did. The tailgating atmosphere was awsome. We had some great food: Hotdogs, Brats, Fries, Drinks, Popcorn, and Ice Cream. It was excellent. I wanted to go to the Mars Cheese Castle but my dad said we didnt have enough time and that we'd go there next time we went to milwaukee.

Awesome dude. I was really happy about my Miller Park experience this year too and would like to make it back before the summer is over. I cant wait until the Sox play the brewers in interleague.

rowand33
07-17-2005, 04:05 PM
I think the food at Miller is terrible.

Awful hot dogs.
Gorgeous park though.

ilsox7
07-17-2005, 04:11 PM
?

The positives of the park seemed to be the food, services, and parking while the negatives were obstructed views. Doesn't seem like a great place to watch a baseball game to me (which is consistent with my only time there).

NSSoxFan
07-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Although Miller Park is an enjoyable place to go and watch a baseball game, my father put it perfectly. Watching a game there, especially with the roof closed, feels like you are watching a ballgame in a warehouse.

C-Dawg
07-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Although Miller Park is an enjoyable place to go and watch a baseball game, my father put it perfectly. Watching a game there, especially with the roof closed, feels like you are watching a ballgame in a warehouse.

Take your dad up to the Metrodome; he'll agree it is like being in a tomb by comparison.