PDA

View Full Version : I still have faith In Shingo

White Sox Josh
07-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Let's settle down. He had a bad outing. Pitchers do that. Let's face it the Indians for some reason have his number. If you take out the Indians games he has pitched in his era is a very respectable 4.08. How do you expect he would pitch after not pitching for 7 days. Plus he wasn't getting good footing on the mound because of how wet it was. Same with Marte to. JUST DON'T PITCH HIM AGAINST CLEVELAND!

Cowhead418
07-16-2005, 09:55 PM
How the hell do you have 1800 posts in just three months?:?:

soxjim
07-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Let's settle down. He had a bad outing. Pitchers do that. Let's face it the Indians for some reason have his number. If you take out the Indians games he has pitched in his era is a very respectable 4.08. How do you expect he would pitch after not pitching for 7 days. Plus he wasn't getting good footing on the mound because of how wet it was. Same with Marte to. JUST DON'T PITCH HIM AGAINST CLEVELAND!

The Indians seem to have a lock on Shingo. Like Oakland has a lock on Buehrle. Thats just baseball. The SOX WON thats what counts!

PAPChiSox729
07-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Like Oakland has a lock on Buehrle.

Like Oakland on this entire team. Anyways White Sox Josh, I think we all know about your love affair with Shingo. You have mentioned countless times (and I really mean countless) that you still trust him. Well that is fine, we just don't need to hear about it after every single game. We get the picture.

Norberto7
07-16-2005, 10:02 PM

Check out runaway trade rumors in "What's the Score?" :D:

So.ILSoxFan
07-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I agree!!!! He had a very good June and we shouldn't judge him on this one outing against a team he struggles against. We also seem to be forgetting that he got the first two outs in that dreadful 9th inning. Keep Shingo.

bluestar
07-16-2005, 10:05 PM
The Indians seem to have a lock on Shingo.

This may be true, but today's performance by Shingo had nothing to do with Cleveland. He simply started nibbling around the corners and refused to throw a strike. That's why Cooper was so angry. Shingo was pitching like it was a tie game or something, instead of just going after the guys. He only has himself to blame for today; it had nothing to do with Cleveland having any sort of "lock" on him.

Daver
07-16-2005, 10:16 PM
This may be true, but today's performance by Shingo had nothing to do with Cleveland. He simply started nibbling around the corners and refused to throw a strike. That's why Cooper was so angry. Shingo was pitching like it was a tie game or something, instead of just going after the guys. He only has himself to blame for today; it had nothing to do with Cleveland having any sort of "lock" on him.

Pitching is more mental than physical, if a pitcher thinks a team has him figured out, that is all it takes, because at that point they do.

LongLiveFisk
07-16-2005, 10:18 PM

LOL..that's an interesting question/observation. He has me beat by a country mile and I consider myself a regular poster! :smile:

doublem23
07-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Pitching is more mental than physical, if a pitcher thinks a team has him figured out, that is all it takes, because at that point they do.

I think the game at the Cell earlier this year played a lot into the way Shingo pitched out there. He wasn't challenging anybody, especially once he got ahead in the count. He wasn't pitching to win out there, he was pitching not to lose, if I may use a cliche.

Alanzo XXXVIII
07-16-2005, 11:05 PM

He probably posts more than you. That might be it.

SoxFan76
07-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Quality > Quantity

When you post any little random thought that pops into your head, no matter how insignificant it may be, you can really rack up the posts.

Juice16
07-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I still trust Shingo and the bullpen for that matter. I'm not gonna expect our pitchers or any pitchers to have good control on rain soaked balls in a rain shower.

lostletters
07-17-2005, 12:48 AM
As long as Shingo is not pitching against cleveland he is okay to be out there in non-save situations. I have the same opinion of Vizcaino. As much as these pitchers frustrate me, even great bullpens have a B people. For two B pitchers Vizy and Shingo are not that bad.

But I think the core of our bullpen is Politte, Cotts, Marte and Hermanson. That is four great guys (well Marte is great as long as he is healthy). Save for Politte they have all had bad outings. Plus Shingo will be invaluable if we reach the WS when we encounter a team that has never seen him, and when his mechanics are down.

Cleveland knows Shingo more then any other team. They have seen him more then anybody else as we tend to play Cleveland all of the time. Just do not pitch him against Cleveland...simple as that.

Mr. White Sox
07-17-2005, 12:56 AM

Well, if you average 23.19 posts per day, like our friend White Sox Josh, then you should reach 1800 posts pretty quickly :smile:.

Shingo has lowered himself in the bullpen pecking order to that of middle relief or mop-up. Vizcaino has shown steady improvement statistically, even though we all know he is a gascan under pressure, and Marte looks to be returning to form. Politte, Cotts, Marte, Hermanson are all ahead of Shingo, so there really isn't much of a place for him in pressure situations anymore. I say trade him if you can get a mid to hi-level prospect, although I'm just wishing there and that probably won't happen.

soltrain21
07-17-2005, 12:59 AM

Because he posts the same thing over and over and then just searches EVERY possible site he can looking for a link he can post.

That is great that you still have faith in him, but he just isn't the pitcher that he was last year. He has only had a hand full of great outings this year and that was when he was throwing first pitch strike. When he can't do that (which has been a lot recently) then he is going to get burned. Hell, today he was getting ahead in the count and he still gave it up.

Keep him in his mop-up role for now and hope that he turns it on. Until then, it is really hard to put him in during a high pressure situation.

ilsox7
07-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Because he posts the same thing over and over and then just searches EVERY possible site he can looking for a link he can post.

That is great that you still have faith in him, but he just isn't the pitcher that he was last year. He has only had a hand full of great outings this year and that was when he was throwing first pitch strike. When he can't do that (which has been a lot recently) then he is going to get burned. Hell, today he was getting ahead in the count and he still gave it up.

Keep him in his mop-up role for now and hope that he turns it on. Until then, it is really hard to put him in during a high pressure situation.

Yea this is dead on. He has posted about Shingo probably 30 times in the last day or so. And yes, Shingo is fine as the #5 man out of the pen. That's his role.

popilius
07-17-2005, 03:49 AM
I think the game at the Cell earlier this year played a lot into the way Shingo pitched out there. He wasn't challenging anybody, especially once he got ahead in the count. He wasn't pitching to win out there, he was pitching not to lose, if I may use a cliche.

You hit the nail on the head. . . additionally, I don't think that Shingo has lost his stuff at all. Everything bad about him this year is directly related to his not throwing strikes. You're right, even when he's ahead in the count, it seems as though he's scared to throw the ball in the strike zone, even though his stuff is still there.

:gulp:

RowanDye
07-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Obviously there have been trade rumors involving Shingo.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050716&content_id=1133257&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Shingo is the weakest link on the team. If everyone else is healthy I think Shingo is the biggest area needed to be addressed by a trade or other move (the article hints at Bobby Jenks?). Just give me someone we can trust to come out of the bullpen when Hermie, Marte, or Politte are overused and not walk 3 straight batters en route to giving up a handful of runs. Bobby Jenks might not be that guy, but he can't do much more harm than Shingo!

The Dude
07-17-2005, 09:35 AM
LOL..that's an interesting question/observation. He has me beat by a country mile and I consider myself a regular poster! :smile:

It took me over 3 years to clear 1000 and I'm on here almost every day!

As for Shingo, his act has grown tired and we shouldnt hurt ourselves by putting him out there time and time again. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. If I were KW, I would find some way for him to exit ASAP.
Shingo seems like a great guy but so was out boy Billy Botch and great guys alone dont win championships. He's worn out his welcome plain and simple.

chitownhawkfan
07-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Just because he posts constantly is no reason to be vicious. Who cares how many posts he racks up. As for Shingo, I say keep him, he has been looking pretty good lately. But why wouldnt he attack the strike zone? It wasnt 7-6 it was 7-2 was he afraid the guy was going to hit a six run homer

Chips
07-17-2005, 11:53 AM
4.08 is a not a respectable ERA for a reliever. Cleveland doesn't own him like Oakland owns Buehrle. Two straight batters with 0-2 counts and he walks them both. He needs to get his control back.

WLL1855
07-17-2005, 01:21 PM
It took me over 3 years to clear 1000 and I'm on here almost every day!

As for Shingo, his act has grown tired and we shouldnt hurt ourselves by putting him out there time and time again. Maybe he needs a change of scenery. If I were KW, I would find some way for him to exit ASAP.
Shingo seems like a great guy but so was out boy Billy Botch and great guys alone dont win championships. He's worn out his welcome plain and simple.

He will probably stick with the team for the duration of this year as the mop up man out of the pen. I don't want to see him in a game unless we are up by four runs or more or the other team has put it out of our reach.

I would be very surprised to find Shingo on our 25 man roster when we break camp next spring.

RallyBowl
07-17-2005, 01:31 PM
The posts per day will probably drop considerably in september when he has to go back to junior high.:D: