PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Question

Garlandfan33
07-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I know its not for a month from now but I just bought three tickets to the minny game on the 16 of august and I was wondering(keeping it in my mind you take each game one at a time) the possibility of clinching will be about then? Just curious should be a good game haven't seen the sox go against them yet. Thanks.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 07:52 PM
what????

ilsox7
07-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I know its not for a month from now but I just bought three tickets to the minny game on the 16 of august and I was wondering(keeping it in my mind you take each game one at a time) the possibility of clinching will be about then? Just curious should be a good game haven't seen the sox go against them yet. Thanks.

:bong:

MIgrenade
07-16-2005, 07:56 PM

That's one month from now which means it would be impossible to clinch that early. It would require that the Sox win every game and the Twins lose every game and even then you would fall short because they don't play that many times.

Palehose13
07-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I have tickets for september 24th & 25th against the Twins. That is much more realistic for a clincher than what you are suggesting...

Wirtzsucks19
07-16-2005, 09:12 PM

:rolling:

Tragg
07-16-2005, 09:18 PM
If we have a 10 game lead, we won't clinch until there are less than 2 weeks left in the season.
Nothing like watching games after you've clinched - greatest feeling in the world. Trouble is, it doesn't last long - a week if you're lucky.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2005, 03:32 AM
If we have a 10 game lead, we won't clinch until there are less than 2 weeks left in the season.
Nothing like watching games after you've clinched - greatest feeling in the world. Trouble is, it doesn't last long - a week if you're lucky.

After we clinch, do you think Hawk will start the game broadcasters by saying "CLINCH it up and hunker down"??? :D:

:hawk
"Mercy, chisoxfanatic!"

The Wall
07-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Clinching in August? I understand we are 31 over .500 and have a 10 game lead, but even the 2001 Mariners did NOT clinch until laor day that year. I think a more realistic timefram would be around 15th september....roughly a month after the game tickets you have in hand :D

SpammySosa
07-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Maybe you should cut him/her a break,since he/she is only 14 and might not understand as much about baseball as some posters do.Just a thought.