PDA

View Full Version : Monday vs. Tigers

ssidebeatdown
07-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Just went to ticketmaster to check the ticket situation and the best seats they had were all the way in section 508. Does anyone here know if the Sox have different seats the their box office or is this game gonna be sold out by the time monday rolls around.

chisoxmike
07-16-2005, 05:22 PM
That doesn't surprise me. From what I've heard, the game is pretty muched sold out.

jabrch
07-16-2005, 05:29 PM
You can wait until Monday and see what they release last minute...

but the seats in 508 may not be there either!

BanditJimmy
07-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Your best bet is people selling out-side near the gate.

You will probably pay a little bit over face value or if lucky even less.

I wouldn't be too thrilled about 508s.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 09:24 PM
The Wednesday day game has over 30,000 sold! That blew me away. So much for my scam of taking days off of work for weekday day-games and having the park to myself. That's an incredible crowd for a Wednesday day game, even with the team doing well. A Magglio factor at play too?

itsnotrequired
07-16-2005, 09:30 PM
The Wednesday day game has over 30,000 sold! That blew me away. So much for my scam of taking days off of work for weekday day-games and having the park to myself. That's an incredible crowd for a Wednesday day game, even with the team doing well. A Magglio factor at play too?

34,150 tickets had been sold for the game as of FRIDAY morning. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is sold out come Wednesday.

I'm going on a work outing that day so my ticket is already secure!:D:

Wirtzsucks19
07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
do these posts have to do with attendance?:o:

Hitmen77
07-16-2005, 10:24 PM
34,150 tickets had been sold for the game as of FRIDAY morning. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is sold out come Wednesday.

I'm going on a work outing that day so my ticket is already secure!:D:

:sahaf
"Lies, lies, all lies! Sox Park is always empty and don't have Sox fans tell you otherwise!"

FedEx227
07-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I'll be chillin in SEC106 Row 15 Seat 5 with my Rowand jersey :) bwhaha.

ChiSoxGirl
07-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I'll be chillin in SEC106 Row 15 Seat 5 with my Rowand jersey :) bwhaha.

Sec. 146, Row 24 for my sister & I. I bought these tickets in April with the teacher vouchers, not knowing the crowd would climb into the mid-30s!! Props to the Sox Army for coming out on a mid-week, summer afternoon to cheer on our team! :D:

soxjim
07-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Will be in section 147 row 25 on Wednesday.

ChiSoxGirl
07-17-2005, 12:22 AM

I'll have to come over and high-five you whenever the Sox do something awesome! :smile:

I'll probably be wearing a Sox tank top, since it's supposed to be sunny & hot as of now. I'm a ballpark early bird... stop by and say hi.

batmanZoSo
07-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Christ I gotta get out to more games. There aren't too many years like this. :mad: :(:

itsnotrequired
07-17-2005, 01:46 AM

Section 163 for me. First time in the bleachers.:redface:

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2005, 04:20 AM
I'll have to come over and high-five you whenever the Sox do something awesome! :smile:

I'll probably be wearing a Sox tank top, since it's supposed to be sunny & hot as of now. I'm a ballpark early bird... stop by and say hi.

I'll be in Section 159, Row 25 for Wednesday's game. I too, as a teacher, used the teacher voucher and am going with another teacher in our math department.

Might you wanna meet up at the game?

soxjim
07-17-2005, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=ChiSoxGirl]I'll have to come over and high-five you whenever the Sox do something awesome! :smile:

Going with teacher vouchers with a friend from work which were given to us. Not only SOX fan at work any more a WSI now works where I do. I will be wearing a WSI tshirt and SOX fitted hat. Friend will be in Southside hitmen shoot to kill tshirt and SOX hat. Hope we don't get to sun burned we are calling off from work that day.

soxfan43
07-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't make it Monday, but I'm hoping maggs gets booed so loud I can hear it from the loop

SpammySosa
07-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Wednesday should be Gene Appreciation Day because of the many vouchers he gave out.:D: Sec 114,Row 26,seats 7 and 8 for me.One of those might be an extra seat,as my one Sox friend cancelled and the 2-3 others have to work.And I refuse to take my friends who like the Cubs(some friends they are!).This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me this year.:angry: If anyone wants to go to the game,let me know.

Pasqua's Posers
07-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Wednesday should be Gene Appreciation Day because of the many vouchers he gave out.:D: Sec 114,Row 26,seats 7 and 8 for me.One of those might be an extra seat,as my one Sox friend cancelled and the 2-3 others have to work.And I refuse to take my friends who like the Cubs(some friends they are!).This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me this year.:angry: If anyone wants to go to the game,let me know.

I'M INTERESTED...PM me with the details...thanks

Wirtzsucks19
07-17-2005, 01:05 PM
going to be there. Somewhere in the 500 level. I cannot wait to boo my ass off tomorrow.

fisk4ever
07-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Why are people still thinking about Maggs so much? That was then, this is now. It's a new year, new team. It worked out for us, and if it works for Detroit, that's fine, too.

mike squires
07-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Did I hear correctly? I was listening to the radio and after the game they were saying each game from here on out has 30+!!!!!!!!!!!! of maybe they were just saying for the next homestand or something. Then again, we got Boston, Twins, Yankees and Angles all coming to town in the next few months. Could be true. The only series' I have a hard time believing that are the Royals and Detroit again.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Did I hear correctly? I was listening to the radio and after the game they were saying each game from here on out has 30+!!!!!!!!!!!! of maybe they were just saying for the next homestand or something. Then again, we got Boston, Twins, Yankees and Angles all coming to town in the next few months. Could be true. The only series' I have a hard time believing that are the Royals and Detroit again.

I don't think they were meaning just the next homestand.

For the next homestand, the entire Red Sox series is sold out (except for the limited tickets left for the auctions at Whitesox.com), and the Tigers series is nearly sold out. Good luck trying to get tickets this week!

I'll be at 5 of the games this next homestand and hope the Sox can sweep the homestand!

Go Sox!

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=ChiSoxGirl]I'll have to come over and high-five you whenever the Sox do something awesome! :smile:

Going with teacher vouchers with a friend from work which were given to us. Not only SOX fan at work any more a WSI now works where I do. I will be wearing a WSI tshirt and SOX fitted hat. Friend will be in Southside hitmen shoot to kill tshirt and SOX hat. Hope we don't get to sun burned we are calling off from work that day.

Being a teacher, I don't have to call off from work; I am *already* off work! :wink:

I'll look for ya on Wednesday. :smile:

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2005, 12:51 AM
I'll be in Section 159, Row 25 for Wednesday's game. I too, as a teacher, used the teacher voucher and am going with another teacher in our math department.

Might you wanna meet up at the game?

I'd say that sounds great! I'm always up for meeting new people... especially new Sox fans! :smile:

I plan on getting there when or before the gates open (11:30a). If you want, let me know what time you plan on getting down there & stuff and we can meet up before firsit pitch!

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I'd say that sounds great! I'm always up for meeting new people... especially new Sox fans! :smile:

I plan on getting there when or before the gates open (11:30a). If you want, let me know what time you plan on getting down there & stuff and we can meet up before firsit pitch!

I teach summer school on the southwest side of the city, but we get out at 11:30. I'll then go home quickly (just a mile north of Comiskey) and hope to be at the ballpark by 12:30 (or around there). Where would you like to meet up?

DaleJRFan
07-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Christ I gotta get out to more games. There aren't too many years like this. :mad: :(:

Understatement of the century... I've been to 3 games this year, and that is exactly 3 more games than 2003 or 2004. I feel like I am letting the team down by not going every single night I can afford to (time and $$ wise...)

We all need to go to more games and ENJOY this wild success. Who knows how long it could last.

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Understatement of the century... I've been to 3 games this year, and that is exactly 3 more games than 2003 or 2004. I feel like I am letting the team down by not going every single night I can afford to (time and $$ wise...)

We all need to go to more games and ENJOY this wild success. Who knows how long it could last.

I hear ya! I've been to 16 games this year and *STILL* don't feel my hunger has been sufficed!!! This team is soooooooooooooooo good!!!!!

:supernana:

WhiteSox16K
07-18-2005, 01:14 AM
For the next homestand, the entire Red Sox series is sold out (except for the limited tickets left for the auctions at Whitesox.com), and the Tigers series is nearly sold out. Good luck trying to get tickets this week!

Not completely true. I just searched TicketMaster for 2 tickets, best available at the regular price (whatever it is for that night).
- Monday is very limited and has you in the upper deck way in the LF corner.
- Tuesday (full price - Best Avail.) sends you in the LF corner of the lower level row 20 or so.
- Wednesday is upper deck only, but sends you up behind the plate.
- Thursday is the same as Wednesday and sent me to 528.
- Friday is tight and sent my search down the left field line near the 552, 554 area, but row 6.
- Saturday is the only game - as of this moment - that is sold out for the home stand.
- Sunday is very limited and sends you to 507 down in right field.

There is a very good chance that they will sell out a few games this week, and there almost definitely will be 30,000+ crowds every night.