PDA

View Full Version : *Official* A bit too close for comfort, but still 60 wins postgame thread

SoxSpeed22
07-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Good job by Buehrle. 2 out hits got the runs in. Heart rate returning to normal, let sweep these guys tommorow.
60!:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

Cowhead418
07-16-2005, 04:48 PM
I hope the Injuns don't use this as motivation for tomorrows game. That was a ridiculous 9th inning.:angry: But a White Sox winner washes all the angry feelings away!:D: :cool: :smile: :wink: :)

FloridaSox
07-16-2005, 04:48 PM
I am so sick of Shingo making my life miserable. I hope the rumors about his pending trade are true.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep16.html

ilsox7
07-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I hope the Injuns don't use this as motivation for tomorrows game. That was a ridiculous 9th inning.:angry: But a White Sox winner washes all the angry feelings away!:D: :cool: :smile: :wink: :)

Losing 3 games in a row kinda kills any sort of momentum.

ShoelessJoeS
07-16-2005, 04:49 PM
that ninth inning was in no way a showing of how the white sox and indians played today, we dominated, they sucked......just glad we got the vic :D:

PicktoCLick72
07-16-2005, 04:50 PM
It cannit be that much motivation after losing the first three ames of the series. Typical great job by Buehrle Go get em tomorrow Jon.

TaylorStSox
07-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Way to kill the momentum Byung Hyung Takatsu.

A win's a win though. :gulp:

Mark'sBrokenFoot
07-16-2005, 04:51 PM
During the rain delay, one of the dopes doing the Fox game recap said it looked like Mark may have drilled Hafner on purpose. Very ridiculous comment, Buehrle looked terrified the entire time Hafner was on the ground. It was very good to see that he didn't take it with him the rest of the game, though, he pitched another gem.

So.ILSoxFan
I'll take it!!!!!!:D:

60 wins!!!!!!!:cool:

Rocklive99
I think everyone in our pen except for Hermy fears pressure, it was too bad because Shingo looked good against the first 2 hitters. Then he gets to 0-2 by making them look silly, and then looks like he was handed a naked women and doesn't know what to do. I hate when the pitchers "nibble" around like that and can't go inside, the same reason I didn't mind seeing Loaiza go. Anyways, one game, I wouldn't call it 'unneccessary drama' though, it's baseball, it's going to happen, not every inning will be perfect.

Nice start to the 2nd half. And Mark scares the crap out of me everytime he does the slipnslide thing on the tarp

BigEdWalsh
07-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm a big Shingo fan and have tried to remain a Shingo supporter, but I've lost patience. I hope he goes.

That being said I'm happy as hell for the win. 60, BABY!! :)

hose
07-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Good job by Buehrle. 2 out hits got the runs in. Heart rate returning to normal, let sweep these guys tommorow.
60!:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

I just finished a 45 minute workout on the bike down in the basement when Shingo came into the game. I had my heart rate monitor on and my rate did increase during the end there with all the walks.:o:

FIRST TO 60:bandance:

EdHerman12
07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, it was nerve racking, but it's like playing Black Jack.....sooner or later someone will hit! 60 big ones in the books folks....:gulp: <---TO THE BOYS!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: <--1 nanner for every 10 wins!

TaylorStSox
I think everyone in our pen except for Hermy fears pressure, it was too bad because Shingo looked good against the first 2 hitters. Then he gets to 0-2 by making them look silly, and then looks like he was handed a naked women and doesn't know what to do. I hate when the pitchers "nibble" around like that and can't go inside, the same reason I didn't mind seeing Loaiza go. Anyways, one game, I wouldn't call it 'unneccessary drama' though, it's baseball, it's going to happen, not every inning will be perfect.

Nice start to the 2nd half. And Mark scares the crap out of me everytime he does the slipnslide thing on the tarp

There was no pressure on Shingo. He had a 5 run lead.

Politte and Cotts also say you're wrong.

ilsox7

The top 4 in our Pen have been terrific this series. Numbers 5 and 6 have sucked. It happens...not easy to have 11 consistently reliable pitchers on staff.

BeviBall!
07-16-2005, 04:55 PM
During the rain delay, one of the dopes doing the Fox game recap said it looked like Mark may have drilled Hafner on purpose. Very ridiculous comment, Buehrle looked terrified the entire time Hafner was on the ground. It was very good to see that he didn't take it with him the rest of the game, though, he pitched another gem.

It was Kevin Kennedy James Olmos. I think Zelasko's unborn child knows more about the game than that clown.

Hendu
07-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Great job by Buehrle and the offense. The Indians are done as far as this division is concerned. Time for them to start focusing on the WC.

Shingo is definitely the weak link in the bullpen and I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded.

CanBuehrleWait
07-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Let the amazing two out hitting to build up the lead not go by the way side..... that's just getting it done....way to go guys.

hawkjt
07-16-2005, 04:57 PM
60-29!!!!! truly unbelievable. It was so slick out there I give shingo and vizzy a pass on the 9th. Also rains delays allow lost focus. All is good folks. Erase that A's series in quick order. Now lets see the angels roll again. Cleveland has basically been blown out in this race the last 3 days. Now the twins have the O's coming to town after the angels. Lets stick the knife in deeply. Go Sox. Nice pick Paulie.

Lip Man 1
I am loving this season.

Lord, everything is so much easier when the Sox win. You can put your troubles on the back burner for a little bit and relax....and in today's goofy world that is badly needed.

Root, root, root for the White Sox, we're with you all the way...

:smile:

Lip

BeviBall!
Better solution for Shingo... give him the Tribe series' off. He'd been great in June. Coming in after a rain delay in a 7-2 game is usually a recipe for disaster. Seriously, you see that stuff all the time. I'm more perturbed that Ozzie turned to Viz instead of Marte at first.

Foulke You
07-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Too close for my liking, but I'll take the win. Shingo has really struggled with his control this year. He looked sharp against the first two batters and then really fell apart. Perhaps the rainfall was affecting his grip on the ball? It did start raining harder after the 2nd out.

Nice to see Paulie and Aaron stroking the ball today. Also, it was nice to see A.J. finally come through with that double and of course, another gem from Buehrle. Aside from the 9th inning, a solid game for our Sox.:gulp:

BlackHat91
07-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Overall a good game even though it got a little rough in the ninth. I was thinking that after all that rain the footing on the mound couldnt have been very good.

The only thing I dont care for is when games are on FOX. The generic commentary makes me wish for Hawk and DJ.

I guess I'll have to get used to the FOX broadcasters when the SOX go deep into the playoffs.

Buehrle > Wood
07-16-2005, 05:06 PM
I am so sick of Shingo making my life miserable. I hope the rumors about his pending trade are true.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep16.html

That "rumor" says we trade him for a prospect? Please stop with the lets trade shingo crap. He's been better of late. He pitched well to the first couple batters and lost it. And Viz and Marte didnt exactly get the job done to pick him up either. As the 5th or 6th guy out of the pen he is pretty solid.

FielderJones
07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Well, that was interesting! With 2 out, and the batter down to his last strike, our neighborhood takes a power hit. No problem, I have the TV and computer system on UPSes, power will be back up soon. I have my WSI postgame gloat comments queued up and ready to go. Now Shingo walks one, and walks another one. UPSes are screaming that battery power is going low. Single, run in, and batteries get exhausted!

No radios available in the house, I go out to the car to listen to Viz walk one :angry: before Marte finally gets the job done. Five minutes later, power is restored. :smile:

Well, however it happened, at least it's a White Sox Winner! :supernana:

shoota
07-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Farmer was on today. At one point he mentioned how deep Belliard plays at his second base position, and a couple outs later a ball is hit to him. Farmer says something like, "Ground ball to second, er, short right field..."

There was another one but I can't think of it right now.

Buehrle was getting some nice called strikeouts. Bard didn't like his call and did a little singing to the home plate ump before grabbing some bench.

Shingo ain't as good as he once was.

Buehrle goes Buehrle, earning his 11th win. I was holding my breath in the 5th or 6th when he hit Casey Blake after both teams were already warned for hitting batters. I thought Buehrle might have been ejected, ending his streak of pitching at least 6 innings.

I took a lot of pleasure when Jermaine Dye scored the first run of the game after Westbrook intentionally hit him with 2 outs. Take that Jake, along with your L.

shoota
07-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice pick Paulie.

Yeah, that was a difficult pick to end the game. It certainly saved the game.

shoota
07-16-2005, 05:24 PM
That "rumor" says we trade him for a prospect? Please stop with the lets trade shingo crap. He's been better of late. He pitched well to the first couple batters and lost it. And Viz and Marte didnt exactly get the job done to pick him up either. As the 5th or 6th guy out of the pen he is pretty solid.

Which means he's not solid.

I understand the theories of when to use and not use Shingo, but when it comes down to it, if he can't get outs, he's useless. The ball's wet, he's not at his best against the Indians, whatever. Just get outs.

I didn't like his approach today. He got ahead of hitters with 2 strikes, and then nibbled to try and allow the hitter to get himself out. That's a good idea for one, maybe two pitches, but if the hitter doesn't bite, Shingo must attack him with strikes. Shingo's approach suggests that he doesn't have confidence in himself. Though, he's probably justified in not trusting his ability.

Frankfan4life
07-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I am loving this season.

Lord, everything is so much easier when the Sox win. You can put your troubles on the back burner for a little bit and relax....and in today's goofy world that is badly needed.

Root, root, root for the White Sox, we're with you all the way...

:smile:

LipWell said, Lip. My sentiments exactly. There's nothing like being able to chill out after an afternoon Sox win and spend the rest of the day looking at the other teams struggling.

GO Sox!!!!

ilsox7
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Uh, what exactly didn't you like about Marte today? The fact that he apparently broke a guy's bat, only to have it be a bloop single or the ground out to end the game. Damaso has been fine in his 2 outtings in this series.

SpammySosa
07-16-2005, 05:36 PM

I understand the theories of when to use and not use Shingo, but when it comes down to it, if he can't get outs, he's useless. The ball's wet, he's not at his best against the Indians, whatever. Just get outs.

I didn't like his approach today. He got ahead of hitters with 2 strikes, and then nibbled to try and allow the hitter to get himself out. That's a good idea for one, maybe two pitches, but if the hitter doesn't bite, Shingo must attack him with strikes. Shingo's approach suggests that he doesn't have confidence in himself. Though, he's probably justified in not trusting his ability.

I pretty much agree with Glenn Close(shoota)-if nothing else,just so I can make the Glenn Close reference.:D: Nice job,West?

RallyBowl
07-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I pretty much agree with Glenn Close(shoota)-if nothing else,just so I can make the Glenn Close reference.:D: Nice job,West?
glenn close as nancy in "White Sox- The Movie".
EDIT: I just gave myself a great idea!

SABRSox
07-16-2005, 05:44 PM

I don't get it. Does Glenn Close want to trade Joe Crede too?

SpammySosa
07-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't get it. Does Glenn Close want to trade Joe Crede too?
A few days or so ago,West called shoota Glenn Close-a reference to the psychotic character she played in Fatal Attraction.

MarySwiss
07-16-2005, 06:04 PM
I hope the Injuns don't use this as motivation for tomorrows game. That was a ridiculous 9th inning.:angry: But a White Sox winner washes all the angry feelings away!

No kidding! And to make matters worse, that game was blacked out on MLB.com as a national broadcast, and since it wasn't shown in Arizona, I had to follow that whole horrific ninth inning on ESPN.com.

But happy, happy, happy! I have a friend who's an Indians fan who kept driving me crazy all through the break with e-mails predicting a Tribe sweep. Haven't heard from him lately, though.

:rolleyes:

My e-mail to him following tomorrow's game will depend on the outcome, of course. But because he's a friend, I'll be kind. (Heh-heh-heh!)

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Cleveland has Shingo's number. I don't know why it's so hard to hide Shingo in the bullpen when we play the Tribe, but if Ozzie ever brings him back again into a game vs. Cleveland this season I'll be more pissed at our manager than Shingo.

A_ROW33
07-16-2005, 06:08 PM
I think everyone in our pen except for Hermy fears pressure,

While I do not completely disagree with you, I have to say that pressure was not the factor in today's game.

I think it was more of a lack of focus coming back from the rain delay with a big lead, which honestly I think is a worse scenerio than just fearing pressure situations.

Shingo pitched all those years in Japan and in the playoffs and never gave up a postseason run, now I realize the talent level in the japanese leagues is not quite the same as in MLB but I would venture a guess that the pressure would be comperable, Shingo can be effective under pressure, however he hasn't been but fortunately the sox have a staff that can get the job done regardless.

BanditJimmy
07-16-2005, 06:19 PM
I think the AL has caught up to Shingo.

I would assume he would be succesful in the NL.

If we are to contend for the AL pennant, we need dependable arms in that pen. To me Shingo is only dependable when it comes to mop up time. And we saw today that he cannot even be trusted for that role.

Anyway, a great win for the Sox (as they all are). Let's hope Garland can close the door for the 4 game sweep tomorrow.

I hope Ozzie doesn not thow out there the usual Sunday B-team line-up.

Buehrle > Wood
07-16-2005, 06:46 PM
As the 5th or 6th guy out of the pen he is pretty solid.

Name a team that has 5 or 6 LIGHTS OUT relievers. Thats my point. Not every guy in the bullpen is gonna be lights out. I think a lot of teams would be happy to have Shingo in their pen as a 5th or 6th option. If Shingo is your #1-3 reliever, then no he's not so solid.

So why trade him for prospects?

The Racehorse
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Prior to the rain delay, we were maxing out style points. :cool:

After the rain delay, our style points went down the crapper. :mad:
It was still a win... you can look it up. :bandance:

White Sox Josh
07-16-2005, 06:52 PM
What is it with Shingo and Cleveland. Eh i think part of the problem was that he and Marte were actually both slipping off the mound. Also with a wet baseball it tends to slip out of your hand. I aint worried about him. In fact take out those 2 cleveland outings and he has a very respectable 4.08 ERA.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_430968.jpg
Three! four!
Three! four!
Three! four!

Cleveland sucks, cleveland sucks, cleveland sucks, cleveland sucks

White Sox Josh
07-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Cleveland has Shingo's number. I don't know why it's so hard to hide Shingo in the bullpen when we play the Tribe, but if Ozzie ever brings him back again into a game vs. Cleveland this season I'll be more pissed at our manager than Shingo.I think Shingo wishes Selig would Contract Cleveland. Boy he is brutal against them.

Buehrle > Wood
07-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Uh, what exactly didn't you like about Marte today? The fact that he apparently broke a guy's bat, only to have it be a bloop single or the ground out to end the game. Damaso has been fine in his 2 outtings in this series.

I wasn't blaming Marte, he has pitched well since he's been back, and an effective Marte is HUGE for this team. But it doesn't change the fact that he allowed some inherited runs to score even if it was on a bloop single. Just seems silly to pin all the blame on Shingo and then say we need to trade him after today's performance.

batmanZoSo
07-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Any hopes the Indians had at taking this division are officially shot. And there really weren't any to begin with before this series. 29-5 against the division now? And it is raining s#$% on Minnesota with Anaheim and Baltimore up ahead.

The biggest thing for this team is to keep the pedal to the metal. They haven't won crap yet and they have to maintain a high level of intensity and never let up. If any manager can instill that kind of an attitude in a team that's got the division wrapped up in July, it's Ozzie.

Mohoney
07-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Cleveland has Shingo's number.

Shingo's splits vs. the Indians this season:

4 games, 2 saves in 3 opportunities, 2.2 IP, 5 hits, 3 BB, 4 K, 3 HR, 6 runs, all earned.

Somebody else needs to take some of these appearances in the 7 games that we have remaining with Cleveland, unless the 3 game set in Cleveland to end the season becomes irrelevant because we have already clinched by then.

Yes, it's very discouraging to see him not throw strikes, especially when we're up by 5 runs and there's not much pressure on, but Shingo's been better as of late, and I don't want to use this one game against a team that owns him as a reason to possibly overreact. Let's see how he responds on the homestand.

Unregistered
07-16-2005, 07:57 PM
For the 200th time, I don't know why Ozzie INSISTS on pitching Shingo against the Indians. It is no secret that they have and have had his number all year, dating back to the first series of the season.

STOP PITCHING SHINGO AGAINST THE INDIANS, OZZIE.

:winner
:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Better solution for Shingo... give him the Tribe series' off. He'd been great in June. Coming in after a rain delay in a 7-2 game is usually a recipe for disaster. Seriously, you see that stuff all the time. I'm more perturbed that Ozzie turned to Viz instead of Marte at first.

Exactly. Cleveland always lights Shingo up. I blame Ozzie. As a manager you put your players in a position to succeed. EVERYONE knows The Indians crush Shingo, but Ozzie keeps putting him out there for slaughter. I don't get Ozzie on this one. Regardless, Ozzie is still the man.

Ron Karkovice
07-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Shingo got two quick outs then 2 quick strikes... It's his fault, not Ozzies, that after he'd get wayyy ahead in the count with two outs he'd throw horrible balls 10 inches outside.

ilsox7
07-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Exactly. Cleveland always lights Shingo up. I blame Ozzie. As a manager you put your players in a position to succeed. EVERYONE knows The Indians crush Shingo, but Ozzie keeps putting him out there for slaughter. I don't get Ozzie on this one. Regardless, Ozzie is still the man.

Cleveland didn't exactly crush Shingo today. It was Shingo's fault and no one elses. Throw strikes.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Did you guys hear the strong Paul-E, Paul-E chant in the 9th inning? That was great, reminded me of the series at Wrigley Stadium! Awesome.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-16-2005, 09:18 PM
I didn't bother to watch the game or check the final score before coming to this postgame thread. I gather Shingo blew it in the ninth and the Sox lost, huh?

Get a grip, people.

60 wins; 31 games over .500; 29-5 in the division; 11.5 game lead; Buehrle, Paulie, and ARow back on track; Pods pushing 50 steals; Twins and Toons scuffling; a win on national television; stellar defense; lots of 2-out RBI...

...But none of that is important. We should immediately unload Shingo to an NL team for a bag of balls. Sheesh.

chisoxfan64
07-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I didn't bother to watch the game or check the final score before coming to this postgame thread. I gather Shingo blew it in the ninth and the Sox lost, huh?

Get a grip, people.

60 wins; 31 games over .500; 30-5 in the division; 11.5 game lead; Buehrle, Paulie, and ARow back on track; Pods pushing 50 steals; Twins and Toons scuffling; a win on national television; stellar defense; lots of 2-out RBI...

...But none of that is important. We should immediately unload Shingo to an NL team for a bag of balls. Sheesh.

Agreed! Game balls or practice balls?

Flight #24
07-16-2005, 09:23 PM
For the 200th time, I don't know why Ozzie INSISTS on pitching Shingo against the Indians. It is no secret that they have and have had his number all year, dating back to the first series of the season.

STOP PITCHING SHINGO AGAINST THE INDIANS, OZZIE.

:D:

If there's any shred of truth to the ST rumor this AM, then I'm sure KW has made that extremely clear to Ozzie after tonight!

By the by, that "killer 2d half" that's been bandied about has just started 3-0 against arguably the hottest team in the AL over the past 4-odd weeks. I guess they might still be the hottest team, they just can't help it when they run into the ChiSox buzzsaw!!!!
:dtroll: :supernana: :bandance:
Pending the Halos-Twinks game, (exchange rate: 1:dtroll: = 10:supernana: )

itsnotrequired
07-16-2005, 09:35 PM

Grinder Ball rule #2: Only one stat matters...W.:D:

RadioheadRocks
07-16-2005, 09:39 PM
There was no pressure on Shingo. He had a 5 run lead.

Politte and Cotts also say you're wrong.

That's just it... you never know if you're going to get "Good Shingo" or "Bad Shingo"... and down the stretch run that's too much of a liability to carry.

munchman33
07-16-2005, 09:46 PM
That's just it... you never know if you're going to get "Good Shingo" or "Bad Shingo"... and down the stretch run that's too much of a liability to carry.

Shingo has become our long reliever/big lead reliever. Usually, those guys are hit or miss. You can't have a bullpen of seven studs.

nordhagen
07-16-2005, 09:50 PM
It was Kevin Kennedy James Olmos. I think Zelasko's unborn child knows more about the game than that clown.

Kennedy's an idiot which is why he's sitting next to the bubblehead in the studio. Yeah, he's going to try and hit him in the head, and he's going to do it with a changeup. Even ex-Indian Rick Manning said Hafner reacted slowly to it.

But according to Kevin Kennedy, Kenny Rogers is a wonderful guy.

What a dope.

Wirtzsucks19
07-16-2005, 10:13 PM
too great offensive games in a row!

:whitesoxwin:

voodoochile
07-16-2005, 10:27 PM

Get a grip, people.

60 wins; 31 games over .500; 29-5 in the division; 11.5 game lead; Buehrle, Paulie, and ARow back on track; Pods pushing 50 steals; Twins and Toons scuffling; a win on national television; stellar defense; lots of 2-out RBI...

I LOVE it when you analyze...

Big picture people... big picture...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

FarWestChicago
07-17-2005, 01:22 AM

Get a grip, people.

...But none of that is important. We should immediately unload Shingo to an NL team for a bag of balls. Sheesh.Yeah, and has anybody seen any of the wussy Dark Clouds that said this series would be the beginning of the end of our season? Notice how they never come back and admit to being complete wimp, dumbasses? :redneck

ilsox7
07-17-2005, 03:43 AM
Yeah, and has anybody seen any of the wussy Dark Clouds that said this series would be the beginning of the end of our season? Notice how they never come back and admit to being complete wimp, dumbasses? :redneck

Well, you know we'll lose tomorrow. And let's face it, playing .750 baseball just will not cut it in the second half.

popilius
07-17-2005, 04:47 AM
I'm a big Shingo fan and have tried to remain a Shingo supporter, but I've lost patience. I hope he goes.

That being said I'm happy as hell for the win. 60, BABY!! :)

I'm kinda with you on this, but we really need for Shingo to show that he's valuable before any other team wants him. If he can pitch decent, I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would welcome him- we all know a solid bullpen is very hard to find.
:gulp:

MeanFish
07-17-2005, 10:38 AM
My stomach is recovering. Vizcaino had NOTHING!! shingo drove me crazy
by getting 2 outs,then giving up 2 walks and a hit.:angry: :angry: :angry:
I realise the 'pen can't get it done every time.but to lose a game
like this might be a crusher to some teams.

I know. But then, let's not pretend we lost the game, either. :rolleyes:

voodoochile
07-17-2005, 10:46 AM
My stomach is recovering. Vizcaino had NOTHING!! shingo drove me crazy
by getting 2 outs,then giving up 2 walks and a hit.:angry: :angry: :angry:
I realise the 'pen can't get it done every time.but to lose a game
like this might be a crusher to some teams.

READ what you just typed again. Go on read it...

THE SOX WON THE GAME! Even if they had lost it, it would take a complete idiot to even consider that the Sox would collapse thereafter. No single game is going to crush this team...

Not anyone's fault but yours that you are having a rough morning.

In other words...

:whoflungpoo

SOXSINCE'70
07-17-2005, 10:51 AM
READ what you just typed again. Go on read it...

THE SOX WON THE GAME! Even if they had lost it, it would take a complete idiot to even consider that the Sox would collapse thereafter. No single game is going to crush this team...

Not anyone's fault but yours that you are having a rough morning.

In other words...

:whoflungpoo

I deleted the post.