PDA

View Full Version : Fox in Indianapolis

iamkoza
07-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Boo them, they are showing skanks v. sawks, despite the fact that cleveland and chicago are in states that border indiana on both sides of it

BLRMKRdave
07-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Same thing in the Detroit area!?!?

doublem23
07-16-2005, 04:21 PM
In the WSI chat, a lot of people didn't have the Sox-Tribe. I'm kind of amazed I got it here in Peoria.

The Racehorse
07-16-2005, 05:40 PM
I was stuck with the Yanks/BoSox.

I guess you had to live in Polynesia to have the alternate Fox feed today in order to see our Sox play the Tribe since everywhere else was considered regional for NYC & Boston. :mad:

ClaudelSleptHere
07-16-2005, 05:45 PM
ESPN has pulled the same stunt this year.....showing an east coast game instead of one involving the White Sox. They did that Thursday night, in fact, but it did keep me from having to listen to Brantley. Always looking for that silver lining.

Nellie_Fox
07-17-2005, 01:53 AM
Yep, two days in a row. ESPN and Fox showed the "regional" Yankees/Sawx game in Minnesota when White Sox/Cleveland was the alternate.

Now, stick with me here. White Sox and Jndjans are in the same division as the Twins, but Yanks/Sawx are "regional" for Minnesota? No east-coast bias. No, not at all Fenway.

skobabe8
07-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Boo them, they are showing skanks v. sawks, despite the fact that cleveland and chicago are in states that border indiana on both sides of it

Thats why when I was in town thursday night we went right to Champps downtown. Any game you want in there.

GiveMeSox
07-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Same at Purdue. I was there moving stuff figured id turn the game on and watch and it was NY and Boston. What the hell. Purdue is like 80 miles from suburban chicago's NW indiana market. Its insane they didn't show chicago and cleveland and instead choose a market 1000 miles away.

StillMissOzzie
07-18-2005, 01:27 AM
I was in Springfield, IL for the weekend, and the local Fox outlet had the Sox-Tribe on. Interesting, because downstate IL, there are probably as many Redbird fans as for either of the Chicago teams.

SMO
:gulp:

GiveMeSox
07-18-2005, 01:45 AM
I was in Springfield, IL for the weekend, and the local Fox outlet had the Sox-Tribe on. Interesting, because downstate IL, there are probably as many Redbird fans as for either of the Chicago teams.

SMO
:gulp:

The problem is one of market and geograpy. Sometimes the geography isnt taken into account enough. For example at Purdue they give as all the Indy broadcasts of everything, which doesn't include much coverage from the Chicago scene. The problem is that doesn't accuratly represent the market. Purdue is about 60 miles away from metro Indy and about 80 miles away from Metro chicago. How does 20 miles account for an entire different market. It doesn't the borders overlap. Travel 30 miles north of purdue to renselear and you get local chicago stuff, but that is still further from Chicago (100 miles) than Indy (90 miles). Doesnt really make sense at all. What would make sense would be lots of coverage from both cities. Like DC/Balt area and others.

StockdaleForVeep
07-18-2005, 02:02 AM

I am 30 mins outside st louis, inside illinois and they televised redsox\yankees on fox over sox\cleveland

iamkoza
07-18-2005, 03:11 AM
The problem is one of market and geograpy. Sometimes the geography isnt taken into account enough. For example at Purdue they give as all the Indy broadcasts of everything, which doesn't include much coverage from the Chicago scene. The problem is that doesn't accuratly represent the market. Purdue is about 60 miles away from metro Indy and about 80 miles away from Metro chicago. How does 20 miles account for an entire different market. It doesn't the borders overlap. Travel 30 miles north of purdue to renselear and you get local chicago stuff, but that is still further from Chicago (100 miles) than Indy (90 miles). Doesnt really make sense at all. What would make sense would be lots of coverage from both cities. Like DC/Balt area and others.

The only reason I was surprised that the game wasnt on is that Indianapolis is considered in the Chicago White Sox home territory.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2005, 08:25 AM

I feel your pain.