PDA

View Full Version : Zito's no-no broken up in the 8th

Rocklive99
07-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Zito's no hitter was broken up tonight with 1 out in the 8th. The crazy thing is that Harden's perfect game last night was also broken up with 1 out in the 8th, coincidence, I think not :o:

It sure has been interesting right after the AS Break.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-15-2005, 11:45 PM
I tuned into the game right as Kevin Mench hit the HR. However, it's good to know that the White Sox aren't the only team with problems against Zito. :smile:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-16-2005, 12:10 AM
I tuned into the game right as Kevin Mench hit the HR. However, it's good to know that the White Sox aren't the only team with problems against Zito. :smile:

thats probably a negative thing more then a positive. we all know the A's wont make the playoffs, but they've been playing great ball latley.

DaleJRFan
07-16-2005, 01:17 AM
All this offers me is an excuse to use as to why the Sox were seemingly unable to hit last time they saw Zito...

Coincidentally, didn't Mench single-handedly beat the Sox with a 2-HR game???

nedlug
07-16-2005, 01:22 AM
thats probably a negative thing more then a positive. we all know the A's wont make the playoffs, but they've been playing great ball latley.

We all hope the A's won't make the playoffs.

FarWestChicago
07-16-2005, 01:25 AM
We all hope the A's won't make the playoffs."We all" is a bit of a reach.

wsbaseball9
07-16-2005, 02:37 AM
how sick would it be if their guys had finished out theyre great games and had a perfect game followed by a no-no :o:
but its just another two-hitter followed by a 1 run game :redneck

Frater Perdurabo
07-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Please note: I'm not trying to be a dark cloud at all. I'm just trying to be objective about the AL West race (I follow it as a tertiary interest since I do live in the DFW market and selfishly would like to see the Rangers lose to the White Sox in the ALCS).....

Anyway, the A's look like they are putting together one of their patented second-half surges. They are only a half game back of the Rangers for second place in the AL West. Of course, they would need a lot of help to leapfrog the other teams for the Wild Card. However, their 7.5 game deficit in the West is not an insurmountable lead, especially since they could make up a bunch of games in the next nine days (two more at home vs. collapsing Texas, three at Anaheim, four in Texas).

After that, they have six at home against Cleveland and Detroit, then open August on the road with four in Minnesota and three in Kansas City. Then then have a 12-game homestand against the Angels, Minny, Baltimore and KC.

They close out the season playing 10 of their final 13 at home: 3 vs. Minnesota, 3 vs. Texas, 4 vs. the Angels and then three at Seattle.

Given the fact that they have 13 total games remaining against the Angels, if the A's stay hot, it's not inconceivale they could win the division largely by winning the head-to-head matchups.

:o:

leftfieldbleachy
07-16-2005, 01:03 PM
What's all this talk about the A's playing well? What are you, a FOBB? Stick your head in the stand right now young man and start being a Silver Lining.