PDA

View Full Version : Pujols does it again!

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Albert Pujols just hit a 2 run blast to win the game in the bottom of the 13th after the Astros took a 3-2 lead in the top of the 13th. Amazing!

SOX ADDICT '73
07-16-2005, 12:00 AM
I know there are some legitimate Cardinals fans on these boards, but I also know that many here root for St. Louis just to bury the Cubs further in the standings.

I for one have enjoyed being able to lay claim to "the best record in the majors" since late April, but Pujols and Co. are right on the Sox's heels and coming on strong (thanks in part to their weak-ass division).

I don't care about the Cubs. Albert's home run did not make me happy.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I know there are some legitimate Cardinals fans on these boards, but I also know that many here root for St. Louis just to bury the Cubs further in the standings.

I for one have enjoyed being able to lay claim to "the best record in the majors" since late April, but Pujols and Co. are right on the Sox's heels and coming on strong (thanks in part to their weak-ass division).

I don't care about the Cubs. Albert's home run did not make me happy.

i agree SA, ive always thought about that since we've had the best record. i think everone will be really pissed IF the sox lose it (god forbid) and the cards take us over. And most people only wish pujols well because they hate derrrek lee

Soxzilla
07-16-2005, 12:48 AM
The good thing is, they beat the Astros, which makes are chances of acquiring the Rocket near imminent!

DaleJRFan
07-16-2005, 01:15 AM
The good thing is, they beat the Astros, which makes are chances of acquiring the Rocket near imminent!

Oswalt, Lidge & Ensberg for Konerko, Vizcaino & Borchard

chisoxfanatic
07-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Let's all remember that, even if the Cardinals do somehow finish with a better record than us (like San Francisco did back in 2000), we'd still get home field advantage in the World Series.

The MOST important here is to continue having the best record in the AL here, which we are up by 7 in the loss column.

DSpivack
07-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Sure, I hate the Cubs, but my like of the Cards has nothing to do with that. Growing up, my dad lived 90 miles away in Springfield, IL, and we went to quite a few games at Busch growing up, and I always loved it.

I always wish the Redbirds well, unless they're playing the Sox.

owensmouth
07-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Sure, I hate the Cubs, but my like of the Cards has nothing to do with that. Growing up, my dad lived 90 miles away in Springfield, IL, and we went to quite a few games at Busch growing up, and I always loved it.

I always wish the Redbirds well, unless they're playing the Sox.

There's nobody in the National League that I give a rat's butt about.

SOXSINCE'70
07-16-2005, 03:08 PM
With the way he can hit to right/right center field,
Pujols,offensively,reminds me of a young Frank Thomas.

FloridaSox
07-16-2005, 03:54 PM
With the way he can hit to right/right center field,
Pujols,offensively,reminds me of a young Frank Thomas.

Offensively, yes, but remember Pujols also plays good defense. He has 10-12 great years ahead of him.