PDA

View Full Version : Another idiotic article

Paxson93
07-15-2005, 04:39 PM
http://www.swnewsherald.com/news_inside/2005/07/071305cs_rh_sox.html

My mother read this article and became so incensed I told her I'd post it on WSI so the good folks here would put this moron in his place. :D: This thing is so chock full of negative BS Southside stereotypes you'd think the clown wrote for the Northwest News-Herald.

FYI: You stand an excellent chance of being shot in the upper deck at the Cell and all Southsiders are foul-mouthed drunks, incapable of speaking proper English, unlike this fine gentleman who is a reporter for the prestigious Southwest News-Herald.

bumptious96
07-15-2005, 04:46 PM
That article could have been written by a seventh grader...oh yeah its from the southest herald, all you need is a GED and you can write horrible, stupid, mind-numbing articles like this one.

SkeetSkeetAmit
07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty mad now after reading that garbage.

Steakpita
07-15-2005, 04:48 PM
I almost got mad until I realized that guy probably only makes $20 or $30 a column. Which is still too much, but whatever... poor fella can use the work. I have read so much crappy writing in the last few days! :?:

SOXPHILE
07-15-2005, 04:54 PM
My God, that guy may be the stupidest person that has ever lived....

chisoxfan64
07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
He needs a good slap upside his head.

:angry:

mr_genius
07-15-2005, 04:59 PM
what was the point of that article? what a rambling piece of junk

zach23
07-15-2005, 05:00 PM
If I remember right, this guy was the world's most famous arab stand-up comedian. I could have swore he used to be on Brandmeier's show a lot.

Foulke You
07-15-2005, 05:37 PM
what was the point of that article? what a rambling piece of junk
Took the words right out of my mouth. You could have gotten more insight from a trained monkey who took in a Sox game.

chisoxfan64
07-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. You could have gotten more insight from a trained monkey who took in a Sox game.

A deaf, dumb and blind trained monkey.:cool:

The Racehorse
07-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Nice to see crap being passed as journalism.

Whatever happened to sports writers or broadcasters making names for themselves with positive [witty or clever] commentaries?

cheeses_h_rice
07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
What's interesting is that they didn't print the remainder of the column. I was able to hack into the guy's computer and retrieve it:

Returning home that night, my wife Natasha had overcooked the beef bourgignon again. I can't tell you how many times she's done that. She served it with some sort of buttered noodles and a green bean salad. I believe there were almonds and a crunchy crust on top of it. What's interesting is that I had green beans for lunch just yesterday. Haha, uncanny. After dinner, I retired to our rec room to watch Home Improvement, Seinfeld, and then catch up some of my Friends DVDs. Nothing quite takes the edge off the day like some hilarious Joey Tribiani antics. Wouldn't you know it, a minute after I settled into my comfy easy chair, the phone rings. Just one of those days, I guess.

Seriously, this guy is like Dell Griffin and Captain Obvious rolled into one horrible, bland "columnist." Just terrible.

TommyJohn
07-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I have had all the stupidity I can handle with that ignorant trash written by that
clown in the Southtown. I won't even bother with this one.

skobabe8
07-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty mad now after reading that garbage.

Why would you even ALLOW that trash to get you mad? I've never even heard of that newspaper.

hellenicsoxfan
07-15-2005, 07:33 PM
If I remember right, this guy was the world's most famous arab stand-up comedian. I could have swore he used to be on Brandmeier's show a lot.

I remember reading that and I'm pretty sure Jackie Mason refused to go on stage with him for some political reasons.

Since he's a so-called comedian, I think he was trying to be funny. But after reading this article, I think Jackie Mason refused to go on stage because this guy just isn't funny.

slavko
07-16-2005, 12:16 AM
I remember reading that and I'm pretty sure Jackie Mason refused to go on stage with him for some political reasons.

Since he's a so-called comedian, I think he was trying to be funny. But after reading this article, I think Jackie Mason refused to go on stage because this guy just isn't funny.

Right on all counts. I think you may have jogged my memory into recalling that he is married to a Jewish woman. (The writer, not Jackie Mason.) Based on his journalistic talent, I sure hope he has a day job.

SOXSINCE'70
07-16-2005, 08:43 AM
:threadblows: :chunks