PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson on MJH

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Says that he is fine with any role on the team.
He doesn't care if he comes in in the 7th, 8th, 9th or starts.
Doesn't mind if Ozzie uses another guy in the 9th.
Talks about the 2 Cubans
Is pissed off that Kent State changed their name.
He hasn't talked to Schmidt and doesn't care if he is traded to the Sox.

Madvora
07-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Good interview. I like it. Now I'm really dreaming of picking up Wagner.

samram
07-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Talks about the 2 Cubans

Does that last bullet mean he's fine with it, or that he knows the guy is a good pitcher, but he doesn't care if he's acquired because there's some other problem with him?

Steakpita
07-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I really wish people would stop hoping for a new closer when the one we have is great. What is up with this phenomenon? He's 22-for-23, people.

chisoxfan64
07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I really wish people would stop hoping for a new closer when the one we have is great. What is up with this phenomenon? He's 22-for-23, people.

22 for 23, He sucks, should be 24 for 23.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-15-2005, 06:35 PM

Obvioulsy Hermy has been doing great, however he has a history of back problems and he has never been a closer for a full season. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have Billy Wagner closing for us, and judging from what Dustin said, maybe Kenny has talked to him about getting another closer.

Parrothead
07-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Talks about the 2 Cubans

Kent State changed thier name? To what? They are listed as the Golden Flashes and they have been known as that since I have known.

White Sox Josh
Obvioulsy Hermy has been doing great, however he has a history of back problems and he has never been a closer for a full season. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have Billy Wagner closing for us, and judging from what Dustin said, maybe Kenny has talked to him about getting another closer.If he goes down than I'm sure Shingo can hold down the fort. The Sox have 2 guys who could be closers on some teams. Remember Shingo didn't do that bad of a job closing this year. He was 7 for 8 in Save Situations.

White Sox Josh
Kent State changed thier name? To what? They are listed as the Golden Flashes and they have been known as that since I have known.Apparently they are now being refered to as just Kent according to Hermy.

ilsox7
07-15-2005, 06:39 PM
If he goes down than I'm sure Shingo can hold down the fort. The Sox have 2 guys who could be closers on some teams. Remember Shingo didn't do that bad of a job closing this year. He was 7 for 8 in Save Situations.

Regardless of what you think, Shingo would not be next in line if Hermy got hurt. That is made blatantly obvious by the fact that every close game we're in, the guys sent out there are Neal, Cliff and now Marte. While Shingo has been much better and will be a HUGE lift to this team, he is still the #5 guy out of the bullpen.

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Regardless of what you think, Shingo would not be next in line if Hermy got hurt. That is made blatantly obvious by the fact that every close game we're in, the guys sent out there are Neal, Cliff and now Marte. While Shingo has been much better and will be a HUGE lift to this team, he is still the #5 guy out of the bullpen.Um Cliff doesn't want to pitch in the ninth and if you have read articles about him he has made that clear. He was terrible at closing out games in Toronto. Keep him where he is successful. Cotts is still young and who knows how he reacts if he fails in that role. And Marte has LaTroy Hawkins disease.

ilsox7
07-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Um Cliff doesn't want to pitch in the ninth and if you have read articles about him he has made that clear. He was terrible at closing out games in Toronto. Keep him where he is successful. Cotts is still young and who knows how he reacts if he fails in that role. And Marte has LaTroy Hawkins disease.

According to Hawk and DJ, Cliff would have no problem taking the ball in the 9th. They said exactly that when it was thought Hermy was going on bereavement leave. And again I ask, if Shingo is the next guy in line, why isn't he out there every close game? It's b/c he is the #5 guy out of the pen right now. As we all know, Ozzie uses match-ups quite a bit...but if you haven't noticed the trend of Cotts, Cliff, Hermy as the 3 go-to guys, then you haven't been watching this team for the last 2 months. And with Marte back, if healthy, he is another guy they will go to more than Shingo.

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 06:47 PM
According to Hawk and DJ, Cliff would have no problem taking the ball in the 9th. They said exactly that when it was thought Hermy was going on bereavement leave. And again I ask, if Shingo is the next guy in line, why isn't he out there every close game? It's b/c he is the #5 guy out of the pen right now. As we all know, Ozzie uses match-ups quite a bit...but if you haven't noticed the trend of Cotts, Cliff, Hermy as the 3 go-to guys, then you haven't been watching this team for the last 2 months. And with Marte back, if healthy, he is another guy they will go to more than Shingo.Um check out the stats first of all. And second of all i've read a couple of articles that Politte Said he isn't comfortable in the ninth. Marte is a choker in the 9th and Ozzie knows that. It's obvious that Ozzie has been very disapointed with Marte.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Um check out the stats first of all. And second of all i've read a couple of articles that Politte Said he isn't comfortable in the ninth. Marte is a choker in the 9th and Ozzie knows that. It's obvious that Ozzie has been very disapointed with Marte.

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny went out and dealt for Billy Wagner. You would have a proven closer and the bullpen would be that much stronger.

Steakpita
07-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Um check out the stats first of all. And second of all i've read a couple of articles that Politte Said he isn't comfortable in the ninth. Marte is a choker in the 9th and Ozzie knows that. It's obvious that Ozzie has been very disapointed with Marte.

I wonder if he was disappointed when he put him in in the bottom of the 8th to hold a 1-0 lead in a crucial divisonal game and saw him strike out 3 in a row fresh off the DL. Probably. What a sickening performance.

tschneid83
07-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I think ozzie is hiding shingo like it seemed he did last year. Let him come out every now and then to pitch in an actual game and once the end of the year comes he will be using him a lot more, that is if the situation presents himself.

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 09:17 PM
I think ozzie is hiding shingo like it seemed he did last year. Let him come out every now and then to pitch in an actual game and once the end of the year comes he will be using him a lot more, that is if the situation presents himself.especially against playoff teams because he is CLUTCH in the playoffs.

Brian26
07-15-2005, 10:11 PM
especially against playoff teams because he is CLUTCH in the playoffs.

Shingo is? What playoffs has he pitched in?

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Shingo is? What playoffs has he pitched in?You mean you don't know why he is named Mr. Zero? It's because he has never given up a run in the playoffs over in Japan. And those are intense. I've read about them in this book on Japanese Baseball. If you suck they act like you murdered someone. That's how intense it is.

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 10:35 PM
You mean you don't know why he is named Mr. Zero? It's because he has never given up a run in the playoffs over in Japan. And those are intense. I've read about them in this book on Japanese Baseball. If you suck they act like you murdered someone. That's how intense it is.

Oh, I get it! They're like the folks around here when we lose two in a row!

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh, I get it! They're like the folks around here when we lose two in a row!oh man you should see some of the stuff that they did to Darrell May when he lost 3 straight starts. Wasn't pretty either.

Palehose13
07-15-2005, 10:59 PM
You mean you don't know why he is named Mr. Zero? It's because he has never given up a run in the playoffs over in Japan. And those are intense. I've read about them in this book on Japanese Baseball. If you suck they act like you murdered someone. That's how intense it is.

IIRC, Shingo himself was not aware that he was called "Mr. Zero" in Japan.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 12:18 AM
I think ozzie is hiding shingo like it seemed he did last year. Let him come out every now and then to pitch in an actual game and once the end of the year comes he will be using him a lot more, that is if the situation presents himself.

Shingo's primary role is to be Tadahito's friend, I'm serious. However, I still think Shingo helps our bullpen. His ERA continues to drop.

FarWestChicago
07-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Shingo's primary role is to be Tadahito's friend, I'm serious.Quite a Cleo-like move by Kenny to acquire Shingo a year before Tadahito in order to fill this role.

That was an astonishingly silly post. Perhaps an all timer.

ilsox7
07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Um Cliff doesn't want to pitch in the ninth and if you have read articles about him he has made that clear. He was terrible at closing out games in Toronto. Keep him where he is successful. Cotts is still young and who knows how he reacts if he fails in that role. And Marte has LaTroy Hawkins disease.

You keep saying that Cliff wants no part of the 9th inning, except when asked about it, Hawk said exactly the opposite thing AFTER speaking directly with him. That's the only thing I've heard about whether or not he wants to pitch in the 9th. Also, what stats? Stats from the last few years when Cliff obviously wasn't the same pitcher he has been this year?

I also wonder how you think it's "obvious Ozzie is disappointed in Marte." Any evidence to support that? Or just the fact that the 1st day he comes back off the DL, Ozzie puts him into a big pressure situation. Again, you're very good at completely ignoring how Ozzie uses his pitchers. Just b/c YOU think Shingo is the choice for closer should something happen to Hermy doesn't mean Ozzie thinks the same way. All signs point to Ozzie continually using Shingo as the #5 man out of the bullpen. I really hope Shingo keeps throwing well b/c him being effective is important for us...but when close games set up for us in the late innings, it's been Cotts, Politte, Hermy (and now Marte) for the last couple of months. Why do you continually ignore that? Your argument would be valid if Shingo was currently used on a regular basis in the late innings of close games, but as of late he has just been the #5 guy out of a very good bullpen.