PDA

View Full Version : Imagine... a new major Chicago daily... a Sox-friendly paper...

Baby Fisk
07-15-2005, 02:22 PM
...could such a thing happen in this day and age? Apparently we are witness to the demise of print media, or are we?

Unleash your imaginations and envision a Chicago with a third major daily: one that is the opposite of the current situation. A daily that is heavily biased towards the Sox, with the Cubs treated as a distasteful afterthought that they wish would just go away.

Could such a thing happen? What would it take?

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 02:47 PM
...could such a thing happen in this day and age? Apparently we are witness to the demise of print media, or are we?

Unleash your imaginations and envision a Chicago with a third major daily: one that is the opposite of the current situation. A daily that is heavily biased towards the Sox, with the Cubs treated as a distasteful afterthought that they wish would just go away.

Unless God Himself decides to intervene on behalf of the Sox, I don't see it happening.

Rocky Soprano
07-15-2005, 02:50 PM
When do we start?

Most of us here can write better than most of the morons in the CubTimes and Cubune.

JB98
07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
When do we start?

Most of us here can write better than most of the morons in the CubTimes and Cubune.

I know that I can write better than them. I have a journalism degree. I just haven't kissed enough ass to get to the top of corporate America. :cool:

Seriously though, I don't want a paper to be "Sox-friendly." I just want them to be fair. Every time we lose two in a row, the Cubune and the Cub-Times begin writing of our impending demise. That's BS. If I want to read that crap, I can come to WSI and see the Chicken Little postings. If the local press criticizes the Sox with good reason, I don't mind. I do mind when they say our "bus has a flat tire" just because of one poor weekend.

soxwon
07-15-2005, 05:07 PM
the daily herald is the third paper here.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-15-2005, 05:48 PM
sox had front treatment in the trib sports today, even though prior won at home extending a winning streak.

SOXintheBURGH
07-15-2005, 06:57 PM
:cubune

Til the day I day...

Baseballfan22
07-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I say we take the a step in the right direction and get rid of jay mariotti.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-15-2005, 07:56 PM
i think we should start writing a paper and cell it outside the sell.

Stroker Ace
07-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Anyone here know a good printer?:cool:

Banix12
07-15-2005, 10:41 PM

not a bad idea, really. I would seriously be in if such a thing existed, English Degree in hand.

Irishsox1
07-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Why bother to print the paper? We have a Sox friendly website which is better than a newspaper. We can meet here, express our ideas and gather information about the White Sox. This is better than any printed newspaper.

StillMissOzzie
07-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Well, having seen both the Chicago Today and Chicago Daily News bite the dust in my lifetime (and yes, I know that they were both affiliated with the two remaining bastions of journalistic integrity that are left in town), I don't see another true Chicago daily happening anytime soon. Besides, the Internet is making newspapers as obsolete as buggywhips.

SMO
:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-16-2005, 12:01 AM
not a bad idea, really. I would seriously be in if such a thing existed, English Degree in hand.

guys come on. dont you know your WSI references??

RadioheadRocks
07-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Well, having seen both the Chicago Today and Chicago Daily News bite the dust in my lifetime (and yes, I know that they were both affiliated with the two remaining bastions of journalistic integrity that are left in town), I don't see another true Chicago daily happening anytime soon. Besides, the Internet is making newspapers as obsolete as buggywhips.

SMO
:gulp:

WOW... the Chicago Daily News and the Chicago Today... talk about blasts from the past! Of course we could take it a step further with the Chicago's American (which morphed into the Chicago Today).

God I'm aging myself!:D:

Optipessimism
07-16-2005, 05:19 AM

That is a given. Beyond that, I think that most of the posters here, if writing for a major publication, would actually do some research before submitting a column.

TornLabrum
07-16-2005, 07:39 AM
WOW... the Chicago Daily News and the Chicago Today... talk about blasts from the past! Of course we could take it a step further with the Chicago's American (which morphed into the Chicago Today).

And in the process you're aging me.

TornLabrum
07-16-2005, 07:44 AM
That is a given. Beyond that, I think that most of the posters here, if writing for a major publication, would actually do some research before submitting a column.

:moron

"What is this...'research'?"

:knue

"Damned if I know."

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 09:16 PM

I think this team and especially Ozzie thrive on being the underdog. Each time the Cubbune predicts our demise because we lose three games it motivates the boys. I believe this, yet I still allow it to aggravate me when it happens. Confusing.

buehrle4cy05
07-16-2005, 09:34 PM

"Do I need to Cell, sorry, Sell?

Your thoughts.
:reinsy

rocky biddle
07-16-2005, 10:37 PM
No matter the bias, come Sept. the bandwagon will be way too big to ignore and both papers will be loving the Sox. It all comes down to the bottom line.

rwcescato
07-17-2005, 12:23 AM

The old southtown econimist or as it is called today the daily southtown is a great White Sox paper. All the columnists are very much Sox fans. Phil Arvia who just had a bout with cancer is a big time Sox fans. It all a good read.
Rich

TornLabrum
07-17-2005, 01:00 AM
The old southtown econimist or as it is called today the daily southtown is a great White Sox paper. All the columnists are very much Sox fans. Phil Arvia who just had a bout with cancer is a big time Sox fans. It all a good read.
Rich

It was that wonderful writer Joe Cowley who had the bout with cancer.