PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Up

White Sox Josh
07-15-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm going with either Shingo or Aaron Rowand. Pierzynski should hit and probably will hit. IMHO Aaron will have a MONSTER 2nd Half. Shingo will be excellent in the 2nd half IMHO because he is already starting to turn it around. Explain your choice.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-15-2005, 12:49 PM
AJ Pierzynski. Just because I don't want to look like a moron for predicting him to lead the Sox in batting average. In all seriousness though, I'm expecting AJ to get back to around his career average in batting average.

miker
07-15-2005, 01:49 PM
One reason for the Sox success this year is that they find ways to win no matter how well or how poorly individual players are doing.

When Pods loses a ball in the air, Rowand bails him out. When the Sox hitters scuffle against Millwood, Contreras rises to the occasion.

When you have 25 players picking each other up, you don't need to ride one player's back. It's called teamwork and it may be one reason why the baseball "experts" in the media and elsewhere can't get their heads around this great team.

On the other hand, if a couple hitters or pitchers help the cause by getting red hot in the second half, I'm all for it!