PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for 7/18 vs. Detroit

JDub35
07-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I was just wondering if anyone had 3 decent tickets for Mondays game against Detroit? A couple buddies and I were planning to make the trip up for halfprice night, but all that seems to be available is upperdeck. Which isn't bad, but we would prefer to be closer. Either reply or send a PM. Thanks, and GO SOX!

Im not sure which forum this belongs in, but feel free to move it to its appropriate area.

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 11:49 AM
The Sox just released the VIP areas (premium lower box and club level) this morning. *rant withheld* The premium areas can be bought through the Sox ticket office, but not through ticketmaster.

ewokpelts
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
The Sox just released the VIP areas (premium lower box and club level) this morning. *rant withheld* The premium areas can be bought through the Sox ticket office, but not through ticketmaster.
this always happens....they hold key seats for st holders, vip, ect......you got a chance to buy them now...and you want to rant?
sox are in first place, there's worse fates for you and me

Gene

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 12:23 PM
A small correction Gene, they do not hold them for season ticket holders. I hold a full season package and I'm not able to purchase extras before the rest of the public. That's not why I'm annoyed, though, I don't think I should have that right. They hold those areas for players of both teams, MLB execs, corporations, and group sales.

The key seats we're talking about here is the entire infield of the lower deck. This is why you'll see entire rows empty in that section during games. (hopefully not anymore.) The first few months of the season they released the VIP areas two weeks before the series' start, then it was a week. Now it's four days. I've got no problem with players buying tickets. A bit annoyed at MLB execs, but ok fine. But when you have good seats unsold and simply don't make them available until a few days before a game to Joe Schmoe (aka me), yeah, that gets me annoyed. Mostly because they don't make a point of telling prospective buyers of how the system works. If I hadn't bought a ticket plan and asked the appropriate people the right questions, I'd have no idea that if I waited I could get better seats.

Another note, they release the VIP areas by series, not by individual game. So all the VIP areas for the Detroit series were released this morning. The Boston series, if they're released at all, probably won't be until the day before or day of the first game.

ewokpelts
07-15-2005, 12:52 PM
A small correction Gene, they do not hold them for season ticket holders. I hold a full season package and I'm not able to purchase extras before the rest of the public. That's not why I'm annoyed, though, I don't think I should have that right. They hold those areas for players of both teams, MLB execs, corporations, and group sales.

The key seats we're talking about here is the entire infield of the lower deck. This is why you'll see entire rows empty in that section during games. (hopefully not anymore.) The first few months of the season they released the VIP areas two weeks before the series' start, then it was a week. Now it's four days. I've got no problem with players buying tickets. A bit annoyed at MLB execs, but ok fine. But when you have good seats unsold and simply don't make them available until a few days before a game to Joe Schmoe (aka me), yeah, that gets me annoyed. Mostly because they don't make a point of telling prospective buyers of how the system works. If I hadn't bought a ticket plan and asked the appropriate people the right questions, I'd have no idea that if I waited I could get better seats.

Another note, they release the VIP areas by series, not by individual game. So all the VIP areas for the Detroit series were released this morning. The Boston series, if they're released at all, probably won't be until the day before or day of the first game.obviously, you dont know about sox charge....
Gene

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 12:58 PM
obviously, you dont know about sox charge....
Gene

Gene, obviously you don't know how Sox Charge works. I've been calling Sox Charge twice a day since Monday trying to buy decent tickets for Monday's game. Sox Charge will not allow you to purchase VIP area tickets until they are released. The Detroit series was released this morning. I don't think I'm asking too much to be able to purchase seats in the VIP areas a week before the game.

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 01:07 PM
And regarding Sox Charge, if you can't get to the park early, say on a weeknight, if possible have the tickets mailed to you, or pick them up at the box office during non game hours. I made the mistake of thinking I'd just breeze to the box office and pick up my Sox Charge tickets and go into the game.

There is no will call only window (unless a player held tickets for you) and tickets purchased via Sox Charge can not be dispensed by the ticketmaster kiosk. You will have to wait in line with the walk up crowd and that takes a considerable time. Enough to miss an entire inning in which Konerko hit a 3-run dinger for example.

FARMEO
07-15-2005, 01:33 PM
I just called the Sox and was told that the VIP seats are only released day of the game. Is there a specific person that I need to contact for VIP seats?

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 02:06 PM
I just called the Sox and was told that the VIP seats are only released day of the game. Is there a specific person that I need to contact for VIP seats?

Unless this is a new policy starting with the Boston series it's not true. It wouldn't surprise me if this were the case though. There may be a compelling reason to prevent fans from buying a premier lower box seat for a game three weeks from now, but I don't know what it is.

VIP seats can be purchased via the box office either in person or phone or additionally through Sox Charge if you have already have a ticket plan, but only after they're released. Until they're released, individuals are not able to buy them. If you want to buy group tickets you can find the sales number on the Sox website.

ewokpelts
07-15-2005, 03:09 PM
how bout call your rep and ask? never hurts....

Gene

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 03:51 PM
how bout call your rep and ask? never hurts....

Gene

I have discussed this with my rep. Have you gotten your rep to sell you tickets to VIP areas before they were released? If you have then my rep lied to me, and I'll not be very happy about that.

ewokpelts
07-15-2005, 04:23 PM
I have discussed this with my rep. Have you gotten your rep to sell you tickets to VIP areas before they were released? If you have then my rep lied to me, and I'll not be very happy about that.my rep takes care of me...i havent gotten vip tix(never asked), but i've gotten mostly what i want/need....it all depends on how much money you can throw at him...i do a LOT of groups
Gene

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 04:48 PM
my rep takes care of me...i havent gotten vip tix(never asked), but i've gotten mostly what i want/need....it all depends on how much money you can throw at him...i do a LOT of groups
Gene

My rep has been awesome. I call her whenever I have a question and she always gives me straight and complete answers. I don't always like them, however. Let me make it clear that my beef is with certain policies, not with service. Service has been top notch and I don't blame my rep for policies she doesn't control. That's why I was concerned about what you said.

Everything I've said in this thread has been the result of me asking questions of my rep or other sales folk at Sox Charge. These are answers I was given, not speculation. If anything here is incorrect, it's because I was told incorrectly.

Group sales are different. The main reason I can see to restrict VIP area sales are to sell to groups so they can sell contiguous seats. I don't have a problem with this per se, but IMO they should open it up to all the fans at least a week before the game (which they did before they were drawing so well). If you're going to buy a group package you really should do so more than four days before the game. Unless you're buying for a group you can't get VIP area seats unless you're a part of MLB until they release those sections.