PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Jerry Thanks Fans

bumptious96
07-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Reinsdorf Thanks us Sox Fans for the support the the official site

Dear White Sox Fans,

As we begin the second half of what has been a terrific baseball season for the Chicago White Sox, I want to thank each of you for your tremendous support of this team.

I appreciate it. Ken Williams appreciates it. Ozzie Guillen, our coaches and our players appreciate it. And everyone in our front office appreciates the energy you have brought to this team. Your support has been unbelievable.

Our record at home is among the best in baseball. Our tickets sold as of the All-Star break already mark the 10th-highest total in franchise history and are the best in more than a decade. It was remarkable to see the overwhelming fan response last week as you elected Scott Podsednik to the All-Star team. You cannot ask for a better illustration of "Sox Pride."

We hope everyone continues to share in the excitement over the season's second half. It is fun to come to the ballpark each day. It is fun expecting to win, and this enthusiasm is truly contagious.

Winning is far from guaranteed, and we promise to fight each and every day to bring you the championship you deserve. Your commitment to this team is inspiring and energizing.

Thanks for your continued passion for the White Sox, and here's to a great second half -- Jerry Reinsdorf

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130661&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Damn! I was hoping he had decided to Cell... er, sell.

nasox
07-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Damn! I was hoping he had decided to Cell... er, sell.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Reminds me of 83
07-15-2005, 11:39 AM
That's pretty cool.

I know this guy takes a lot of heat for being a tough owner, but I think he truly wants to win.

BeviBall!
07-15-2005, 11:41 AM
That's pretty cool.

I know this guy takes a lot of heat for being a tough owner, but I think he truly wants to win.

Do you really think he wrote that? Grinder Plan Rule #1 - Don't trust management.

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Why did we need a second thread for this?

Reminds me of 83
07-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Do you really think he wrote that? Grinder Plan Rule #1 - Don't trust management.

Of course not, but I do think that he, like the rest of us, is very excited about some of the amazing things we have seen since April. The guy has been a baseball fan his whole life and has got to love this team and the way they play.

Putting a little thank you on the website is a marketing ploy, but I think the Sox Management is finally starting to get it. Look at how they handled the Pods All Star voting.

Go Sox!!

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 12:32 PM
I can tell you one thing. When he was at the WCSF luncheon signing autographs last month, I heard all kinds of fans thanking him for approving hiring Ozzie and letting KW put this team together. So I don't doubt that if he didn't write it, he approved something thanking the fans in return because I'm sure that's not the only place he's heard that sort of thing.

CHISOXFAN13
07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Why did we need a second thread for this?

Because 99 percent of the people on this site have failed to discover the search tool.

Sad
07-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Because 99 percent of the people on this site have failed to discover the search tool.

I'm thinkin' we need a THREAD POLICE squad car... :D:

wdelaney72
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
My guess is that this is a Brooks idea which UJ obviously had to approve. I don't care either way. It's a classy move.

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 03:23 PM

http://www.gamestar.cz/starwars/jkjo/fotogalerie/60.jpg

"With the "search" tool, things you will see. Other places, the future, the past, old threads long gone."

Iron Dragon
07-15-2005, 03:33 PM
http://www.gamestar.cz/starwars/jkjo/fotogalerie/60.jpg

"With the "search" tool, things you will see. Other places, the future, the past, old threads long gone."

Hahaha!! Nice.

gosox41
07-16-2005, 08:42 AM
My guess is that this is a Brooks idea which UJ obviously had to approve. I don't care either way. It's a classy move.

JR has written letters to season ticket holders before Brooks came along. This is good that he did it this time for everyone to read.

Bob

markopat
07-17-2005, 11:51 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130661&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Off of the MLB Website on Friday. Sorry if this was posted earlier, but I haven't seen it on WSI yet.

SOX ROCK!

patbooyah
07-18-2005, 12:12 AM
can a tag about repeat threads involve this guy:

:ralomar:
"surely you know you've done this before?"