PDA

View Full Version : Some news on CF

Jerry_Manuel
11-21-2001, 08:27 PM
From the Daily Herald:
To clear another spot on the 40-man roster, outfielder Julio Ramirez was designated for assignment.

Ramirez made the White Sox' Opening Day roster last season but was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte after batting .081 (3-for-37) and striking out 15 times in 13 games.

Williams is hoping Ramirez accepts an offer to report back to Charlotte.

Welcome back: Center fielder Brian Simmons, who was traded to the Blue Jays last winter in the package that brought starting pitcher David Wells to the White Sox, was claimed off waivers from Toronto Tuesday.

"I'm happy to have him back in the fold and he was ecstatic when I talked to him,'' said Sox GM Kenny Williams. "He's a guy that can come off the bench and help you.''

The 28-year-old Simmons played in 60 games with the Jays and batted .178 with 2 home runs and 8 RBI.

Simmons spent six seasons in the White Sox' organization before being traded to Toronto.

"He didn't get a chance to play last year,'' Williams said. "I think we probably have a greater idea of Brian's value than most other clubs.''

Simmons missed the entire 2000 season after rupturing his left Achilles tendon in the Sox' final spring training game.

bringbackrobin
11-21-2001, 09:16 PM
"I think we probably have a greater idea of Brian's value than most other clubs.''

Cause you know we're so much smarter than all those other clubs.

:jerry Got more brains than I know what to do with.

Daver
11-21-2001, 09:29 PM
Who you Crappin?

Jerry_Manuel
11-21-2001, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by daver
Who you Crappin?

Who me?

Daver
11-21-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Who me?

No.

Jerry_Manuel
11-21-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by daver
No.

Ok good. So Williams wants Juilo back in AAA eh? I hope that means he'll be in left or on the bench because Joe should be the starter in Charlotte.

LongDistanceFan
11-21-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by bringbackrobin

Cause you know we're so much smarter than all those other clubs.

. who was that in ref to?

Jerry_Manuel
11-21-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
who was that in ref to?

Williams said:
"He (Simmons) didn't get a chance to play last year,'' Williams said. "I think we probably have a greater idea of Brian's value than most other clubs.''

Yeah that's why we traded him, since we know his value. I'm sure that was the sticking point in the deal. I can hear our good friend Gordo now...

:dumbash
Look Kenny, either we get Brian Simmons or there is no deal.

duke of dorwood
11-21-2001, 10:09 PM
Julio's arm will probably get him some right field work. Either way, I doubt he will accept with our abundance of young outfielders.