PDA

View Full Version : Trade suggestion

gr8mexico
07-15-2005, 10:08 AM
The Phillies are giving up this year and are looking to dump payroll.What about the Sox making an offer for Bobby Abreu.The guy has all the tools speed and power.The Sox could send Jermaine Dye and Brian Anderson.What do you guys think?

Tragg
07-15-2005, 10:15 AM
The Phillies are giving up this year and are looking to dump payroll.What about the Sox making an offer for Bobby Abreu.The guy has all the tools speed and power.The Sox could send Jermaine Dye and Brian Anderson.What do you guys think?

Hmm, the Phillies might want a sweetener like a Walker or a Harris.

But the real value in such a deal is that we could then package Abreu plus 2 more prospects and Marte and get BURNETT.

spiffie
07-15-2005, 10:16 AM
And if we add in Borchard and Willie I'm sure they'll give us Wagner too.

BeviBall!
07-15-2005, 10:24 AM

But the real value in such a deal is that we could then package Abreu plus 2 more prospects and Marte and get BURNETT.

I was thinking this could finally be a way to pry Randa away from those stingy Reds.

Frater Perdurabo
07-15-2005, 10:29 AM

Of course I'd love it from the Sox perspective (especially since Abreu is hitting .305 with a .428 OBP and bats left-handed), but would the Phillies really be willing to give up their best player, even if he is making $13.5 million this year? Moreover, would they really give him up for Dye and Anderson? I'd think they would want a whole lot more for him. The Sox probably would have to gut the farm - and part with pitching - to make it happen.

Ultra-deeppink fantasy: Sox send Konerko to Houston, who needs power (Berkman moves to left) for prospects. Sox send those Houston prospects, plus McCarthy and Anderson, plus more stuff as well, to Philly for Abreu. Dye and Gload platoon at first, Abreu bats third and starts in right.

Of course anything can happen, but I don't think there's a sufficiently deep deeppink for this type of fantasy....

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-15-2005, 10:32 AM
If Ed Wade is still the Phillies' GM, anything is possible. :D: I actually know a Phillie fan who suggested they trade Abreu because the Phillies are sinking fast due to all of those terrible contracts handed out by Wade..

Tragg
07-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I was thinking this could finally be a way to pry Randa away from those stingy Reds.
LOL - I am still chuckling.
Good one!

Tragg
07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Ultra-deeppink fantasy: Sox send Konerko to Houston, who needs power (Berkman moves to left) for prospects. Sox send those Houston prospects, plus McCarthy and Anderson, plus more stuff as well, to Philly for Abreu. Dye and Gload platoon at first, Abreu bats third and starts in right.

I tell you what, though. If we wanted to peddle Konerko, the Astros would be a good conduit in a 3 team deal. They have a need (although they are getting killed with Bagwell's 16 million) and I think they have the prospects.

gr8mexico
07-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Well if the Sox could make the deal they should do it.What ever it takes.The Phillies are looking to dump Thome contract but no one is going to want to take it he is 35 yrs old and still has 3 years left on his contract.

Jjav829
07-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Abreu isn't going anywhere. We can end this discussion quickly.

34 Inch Stick
07-15-2005, 11:14 AM
We had Abreu. His name was Magglio Ordonez.

Chicago83
07-15-2005, 02:30 PM
We had Abreu. His name was Magglio Ordonez.

Bobby is Magglio minus the injury, plus he steals more bases. Either way they are both paid to much for our team. Look at what you get out of Dye for what we pay him compared to the 13 million Bobby makes. Abreu is Ozzie's friend, but I don't see him playing for us anytime soon.

wsbaseball9
07-16-2005, 02:30 AM

we cant let go of marte, hes the most vital part of our bullpen next to hermanson. I'm gunna trust hawk and say if hes healthy down the line we could win the whole enchilada

Optipessimism
07-16-2005, 04:10 AM
we cant let go of marte, hes the most vital part of our bullpen next to hermanson. I'm gunna trust hawk and say if hes healthy down the line we could win the whole enchilada

I agree 100%. When Marte is on top of his game there is no single player (LH oir RH) I'd rather see on the mound in a late inning situation. Keep him. He is affordable and FILTHY.

tweek57
07-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Bobby Abreu>>>>>>>>>>A.J. Burnett

Banix12
07-16-2005, 04:53 AM

I'm suprised this took so long.
:tealpolice:

Optipessimism
07-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Abreu is a pipedream. I'd much rather see another bullpen arm.