PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Sports Bar?

twsoxfan5
07-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know if you can get into the bullpen bar and buy the passes to sit on the patio deck if you have 500 level tickets? I am a partial season ticket holder so I have not sat in the 500 level in a while and I am not sure on the rules. I have a group of ten people coming from work, some of which have never been to Comiskey before and I would show them something really unique like the patio area. Don't get me wrong I am not dissing the 500 level I know that almost any seat at Comiskey is a good seat. Thanks for you help in advance.

SoxFan78
07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
You can get into the bullpen sports bar with 500 level tickets and also pay to get onto the fan deck. But remember, the fan deck is first come first serve. If you have split season tickets (the picture tickets) you will have lower deck access.

Cubsuck_a_lot
07-15-2005, 09:36 AM
get there early. i know a couple guys that got there around 5 pm and there were already several groups of people standing in line. they got in, so i guess thats a good time to get there. can get expensive, too, if you like the boozensteins. but once your out there, it seems like it would be quite the way to watch a game.

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 09:37 AM
You pretty much need to be at the gate before it opens. I believe the charge to sit at the outdoor tables is $15.

If you have 500 level season tickets (split or otherwise) you can access the main level. As previously noted, the photo tickets will get you right in (after you explain to the usher you're a season ticket holder, only half of them seem to know what they're doing). If you have the regular ticketmaster ticket you have to go to guest relations behind section 531 and ask them to stamp the ticket for you. I'm pretty sure the ticket must have your account number printed on it, in other words, be part of the orignal ticket package or purchased via SoxCharge. They won't stamp emailed tickets even if they were originally part of a season package.

pdimas
07-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I did that a couple of years ago. I had to line up outside the gate by the Bullpen Sports Bar early though (around 5ish). THe gates open at 5:30 for a 7 game. Then it was a mad dash for the margarita stand in the sports bar for bracelets. All in all though it was a great experience. It was for a Royals with the then newly resurgent Jose Lima who put on quite a show with his wacky antics. Just make sure your whole party is there to buy bracelets. They wouldnt let me buy bracelets for friends who werent there yet.

ewokpelts
07-15-2005, 10:14 AM
You pretty much need to be at the gate before it opens. I believe the charge to sit at the outdoor tables is $15.

If you have 500 level season tickets (split or otherwise) you can access the main level. As previously noted, the photo tickets will get you right in (after you explain to the usher you're a season ticket holder, only half of them seem to know what they're doing). If you have the regular ticketmaster ticket you have to go to guest relations behind section 531 and ask them to stamp the ticket for you. I'm pretty sure the ticket must have your account number printed on it, in other words, be part of the orignal ticket package or purchased via SoxCharge. They won't stamp emailed tickets even if they were originally part of a season package.
i emailed my rep about this, but somehow i doubt that you can get in with tm printed tix.....
Gene

scottjanssens
07-15-2005, 12:04 PM
i emailed my rep about this, but somehow i doubt that you can get in with tm printed tix.....
Gene

I'm not sure if you're talking about the main concourse or the bar. I'm pretty sure the bar is simply first come first serve.

For the main level, as long as the tix are part of a plan they'll stamp them and let you in to the main level. I've done this. I also know for a fact that if I email a ticket from my plan to someone, they'll refuse to stamp the email. The annoying part is they'll only stamp on the day of the game and you have to go to the upper level to get them stamped and then down the ramps to the main level.

I upgraded my weekend plan to a full plan mid season and my new tickets are the ticketmaster forms. (I miss my pretty tickets.) What annoys me is the computer knows to print my account number on the ticket but still prints "Upper Level Only" on it as well. There's no good reason they couldn't omit that text, or write "Lower Level Permitted" on the ticket instead.

Update: Actually my experience is with a full ticket plan. I can't say for certain they'll do it with a split, Ozzie, or Minnie plan. I was easily able to get into the main level with split plan, but those were the photo tickets.

twsoxfan5
07-15-2005, 12:52 PM
i am sorry that I may have confused some of you saying that I was a partial season ticket holder. I am one, but those tickets are in the lower level. The tickets that I bought for this game are not part of my season plan and that is why I was unsure about 500 leve tickets, but all of you who responded answered my main question anyways, so thank you.

soxgirl617
07-15-2005, 05:03 PM
i am sorry that I may have confused some of you saying that I was a partial season ticket holder. I am one, but those tickets are in the lower level. The tickets that I bought for this game are not part of my season plan and that is why I was unsure about 500 leve tickets, but all of you who responded answered my main question anyways, so thank you.

Just to clarify, I don't think you need to get the 500 level tickets stamped, as was referred to earlier. I've sat upstairs, and just walked to the ramp out in right field (on the 500 level) and walked all the way downstairs. B/c you go straight down, and never enter the 100 level before getting to the Bullpen Bar, there's no problem. I've done this. Enjoy----hope you and your guests have a great time.