PDA

View Full Version : MLB Helmet Watch

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/050714)

As if some teams having fifty different uniforms wasn't enough, it now appears that there are different types of helmets for players to wear. Ugh!

Stroker Ace
07-15-2005, 10:50 AM
What is the reasoning for trying to make the helmets look more areodynamic? This is baseball, not Formula 1.

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 11:03 AM
What is the reasoning for trying to make the helmets look more areodynamic? This is baseball, not Formula 1.

Maybe those helmets can increase Paul Konerko's running speed.

Clembasbal
07-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Those helmets have been popular in little league and traveling baseball for two years now.

Now I think they are cool for kids, but definatly not cool when a guy 30 years old wears one.

miker
07-15-2005, 12:10 PM

Nothing, can improve his running speed! Now if there's a helmet that helps him see pitches better and includes a gag...

PaleHoseGeorge
07-15-2005, 12:35 PM

You obviously flunked physics. There would need to be air flowing past Konerko's helmet for the aerodynamic effect to take place. You might as well fit a garden slug with Konerko's aero-helmet.

:wink:

Brian26
07-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/050714)

This guy is ****ing amazing. He spends four pages talking about the significance of the button at the top of major league baseball hats. He talks about the buttons that are the same color as the hat and buttons that have a varying color. This guy is so nuts I actually enjoy reading this stuff.

Iwritecode
07-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I didn't even notice the difference in the helmets. Who really pays attention to them anyway?

The only one I really notice is the one Willie Harris wears. I think he's the only guy on the team with 2 ear flaps.

Plus he looks like he's about 10 years old when he wears it because he's so damn tiny...

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 02:03 PM
You obviously flunked physics.

Actually, I got an A in physics.:cool:

On a more serious note, I think MLB needs to stop tinkering with pointless things and focus on the big picture. I highly doubt if anyone who attends a baseball game cares about the type of helmet being used.

popilius
07-17-2005, 03:12 AM
I'd agree with the larger earholes. . . I can never hear well when it's windy out, and I've always heard the same from my teammates.

:gulp:

oeo
07-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I noticed that...I just thought I was either going crazy or I never recognized it before. I was pretty sure it was new though...interesting.