PDA

View Full Version : July 31st Sox Orioles Game on ESPN

owensmouth
07-15-2005, 09:07 AM
The Eastern Sports Propaganda Network has decided to broadcast the White Sox game in Baltimore on Sunday the 31st. That'll move the game to a evening start. Won't make much difference to the White Sox, as this is one of the rare wrap around weekends, that is, the Sox and O's also play the following day.

The Racehorse
07-15-2005, 09:19 AM
The Eastern Sports Propaganda Network has decided to broadcast the White Sox game in Baltimore on Sunday the 31st. That'll move the game to a evening start. Won't make much difference to the White Sox, as this is one of the rare wrap around weekends, that is, the Sox and O's also play the following day.

That Monday game is scheduled for 12:35 P.M. and is a get away day because the Sox play at home the very next day [Tuesday]. Playing the Sunday game at 8:00 P.M. means 3 games in 48 hours, with travel.... I'm not sure I like that.

SSN721
07-15-2005, 09:25 AM
That Monday game is scheduled for 12:35 P.M. and is a get away day because the Sox play at home the very next day [Tuesday]. Playing the Sunday game at 8:00 P.M. means 3 games in 48 hours, with travel.... I'm not sure I like that.

That really sucks, but it sounds like the crap scheduling they have had all year. At least they dont have to fly out west after playing in Baltimore the day before.

CHISOXFAN13
07-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I think it's comical that there are threads when the Sox are going to be on ESPN complaining about the schedule and when they are bypassed, such as they were last weekend, there are also others complaining about that.

I understand the concerns of all those who have posted in this thread, but I think it's pretty funny.

Hitmen77
07-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Wait a minute, a couple of weeks ago, wasn't there a thread here about how someone on the Score or ESPN1000 was claiming that the Sox vs. A's was dumped from the Sunday night telecast because the Sox got such lousy ratings in previous ESPN telecasts?

If that were true, then why did ESPN pick up this game? Maybe the answer is that ESPN really didn't dump the Sox/A's telecast and someone in the local press was exaggerating the situation to put the Sox in a negative light?

DenverSock
07-15-2005, 10:52 AM
I think it's comical that there are threads when the Sox are going to be on ESPN complaining about the schedule and when they are bypassed, such as they were last weekend, there are also others complaining about that.

I understand the concerns of all those who have posted in this thread, but I think it's pretty funny.

Sorry but I'm sick and tired of not seeing the sox on national television. Worse than ESPN is FOX always showing us in the western half of the United States some west coast team on Saturday and therefore knocking out coverage of anything east of the coast. Even if you have a package of most MLB games (I do) if they're at the same time as a national broadcast, they may be blacked out or simply shown by Fox in other markets only. We're always getting the Giants out here, and the fact is the single most popular team in Denver is the Yankees. This is because the Denver Bears, a team which came into existence in about 1898, was the top farm club for the Yankees for many years, during which they won an incredible number of AAA championships.

Going back to ESPN, they also refuse to cover the Sox well in news broadcasts such as Sports Center and Baseball Tonight. I'm sick and tired of waiting forever for the story on the Sox while they waste time on the stupid Bosox. When they get to the Sox it's for a quick recap of less than a minute. The team with the best record in baseball deserves better. Comcast Sportsnet Chicago clearly reports slightly more on the Flubs and they usually report on them first. It's frustrating for an out-of-market fan such as I to try and follow my team. When are we going to get respect?

RKMeibalane
07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Wait a minute, a couple of weeks ago, wasn't there a thread here about how someone on the Score or ESPN1000 was claiming that the Sox vs. A's was dumped from the Sunday night telecast because the Sox got such lousy ratings in previous ESPN telecasts?

If that were true, then why did ESPN pick up this game? Maybe the answer is that ESPN really didn't dump the Sox/A's telecast and someone in the local press was exaggerating the situation to put the Sox in a negative light?

I think the reason the Sox-A's game was dropped had more to do with the fact that Oakland hasn't played well until recently. Even after sweeping our guys, the A's are clinging to the .500 mark.

Heffalump
07-15-2005, 11:09 AM
In my opinion, I would prefer that espn NEVER show the Sox. As that means I don't have to listen to their broadcasters. Espcially Mr. Joe Morgan, who knows nothing about the Sox, but has no problem talking abour how great HE WAS the whole game.

DenverSock
07-15-2005, 11:14 AM
In my opinion, I would prefer that espn NEVER show the Sox. As that means I don't have to listen to their broadcasters. Espcially Mr. Joe Morgan, who knows nothing about the Sox, but has no problem talking abour how great HE WAS the whole game.

That still doesn't help me.

LuvSox
07-15-2005, 01:24 PM

And.....they don'y seem to play very well on national television.

Iwritecode
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Comcast Sportsnet Chicago clearly reports slightly more on the Flubs and they usually report on them first.

I've always thought that CSN did a pretty good job of balancing the coverage of both teams. I watched it last night and Sox highlights were the first thing shown.

nug0hs
07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
I agree, I think the CSN coverage is fair...but in typical Tribune fashion a lot of Cubs-related things they talk about really have nothing to do with the game or that particular day's results, etc.

IMO, I am glad we made another ESPN game where that will be basically the only sporting event on for most people during that time. Just do what I do and mute the TV and crank up ESPN 1000 :smile:

DenverSock
07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
I've always thought that CSN did a pretty good job of balancing the coverage of both teams. I watched it last night and Sox highlights were the first thing shown.

Probably true, I couldn't see last night's report. I was speaking in general. I've sat through plenty of stuff prior to them getting to the Sox. Need I remind you that the Sox have the best record in the Major leagues, that's news and what a team which has such a record does is news. In addition, I said Comcast Sportsnet Chicago was slightly unbalanced. The real focus of my complaint was ESPN and FOX.

SoxFan78
07-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Probably true, I couldn't see last night's report. I was speaking in general. I've sat through plenty of stuff prior to them getting to the Sox. Need I remind you that the Sox have the best record in the Major leagues, that's news and what a team which has such a record does is news. In addition, I said Comcast Sportsnet Chicago was slightly unbalanced. The real focus of my complaint was ESPN and FOX.

ESPN is crap. Did anybody watch Sportscenter last night at 5:30? I tuned into it, but it wasn't sportscenter. It was a Red Sox/Yankees pregame show disguised as Sportscenter.

I wonder if ESPN will just shut down and show color bars if neither the Yankees or Red Sox make the playoffs.

Lip Man 1
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
One other possible reason ESPN wants to show the game. July 31st is the trade deadline. Both teams are rumoured to be potential active trade teams. Makes something to talk about during the contest.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
07-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Just do what I do and mute the TV and crank up ESPN 1000 :smile:

No need of doing that, as we will still be able to watch the game on CSN Chicago, because of it's originally being scheduled on that day.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

hsnterprize
07-16-2005, 08:18 AM
ESPN is crap. Did anybody watch Sportscenter last night at 5:30? I tuned into it, but it wasn't sportscenter. It was a Red Sox/Yankees pregame show disguised as Sportscenter.

I wonder if ESPN will just shut down and show color bars if neither the Yankees or Red Sox make the playoffs.I remember a ChiSox/BoSox game ESPN was showing last year, and the way they packaged the opening, you would've thought you were watching a national version of NESN. Granted, Boston did win the game, and they were on a playoff run. I'll give them that, but the way the announcers were talking and how everything seemed to be presented, I felt I was watching a Boston Red Sox game rather than a national TV broadcast.

Kogs35
07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
No need of doing that, as we will still be able to watch the game on CSN Chicago, because of it's originally being scheduled on that day.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws

no u actually wont be able to see it on csn chicago. its a espn game the web person has yet to change it to a espn logo over there