PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Move Into 6th Place for Wild Card!

TomBradley72
07-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Juggernaut Wins 4 of Last 10 to Soar to .500!

White Sox Struggle to Beat Cleveland; Barely Maintain Double Digit Lead Over Twins-Rolling Towards Somber Danger?

SOXPHILE
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
According to the Tribune, Cubs, Prior in fast lane

DrCrawdad
07-15-2005, 10:08 AM
When the Cubbies had finished their 55th game the SCORE led their updates with the news that the Cubbies had a half game lead on the wild-card. The Cubbies had 107 games to go but the SCORE felt compelled to report their momentary slim lead on the wild card.

Let's be clear on this too, the NL Central is much worse than the AL Central. The Pirates are awful.

If the situation were reversed and the Sox got to .500 on the backs of a lousy team like the Pirates the headlines would be giving the Sox a back-handed compliment, at best.

SoxFan78
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
When the Cubbies had finished their 55th game the SCORE led their updates with the news that the Cubbies had a half game lead on the wild-card. The Cubbies had 107 games to go but the SCORE felt compelled to report their momentary slim lead on the wild card.

Let's be clear on this too, the NL Central is much worse than the AL Central. The Pirates are awful.

If the situation were reversed and the Sox got to .500 on the backs of the a lousy team like the Pirates the headlines would be giving the Sox a back-handed compliment, at best.

Don't kid your self, if the situations were reversed, it would be all Cubs all the time. We would not even hear about the Sox.

And if we did hear about the Sox it would be how they can't fill their stadium.

The Racehorse
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
According to the Tribune, Cubs, Prior in fast lane

... surely made to lose your mind.

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
... surely made to lose your mind.

"Nice "Life In The Fast Lane" quote.:nod:

May I add another for those who feel "the greatest baseball
team on Earth" :roflmao: actually has a chance at winning the WC??

"Call the doctor,I think i'm gonna crash".:D: :D:

DrCrawdad
07-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Don't kid your self, if the situations were reversed, it would be all Cubs all the time. We would not even hear about the Sox.

And if we did hear about the Sox it would be how they can't fill their stadium.

The page six recap of the Sox game would indeed mock the Sox for beating up on the weak team though.

MsSoxVixen22
07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
The Cubs will be damn lucky to get the wild card but they won't. I ***** when I saw the Cubs were 6 out of the wildcard race. I'm sure they'll blame it on another "curse" or they've played tough teams......etc etc. Excuses for why they'll be seeing the Sox in October! :gulp: