PDA

View Full Version : What is this Place?

I_Love_This_team
07-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Can some one tell me the diffent places in here please.

MUsoxfan
07-14-2005, 11:55 PM
"Sox Clubhouse" is for discussion of everything directly related to the Sox and Sox only. "Talking Baseball" is just that....talking about baseball related items not necessarily related to our Palehose. "What's the Score" deals with rumors, ridiculous trade suggestions, the other team in the city etc. "Parking Lot" is for things not at all baseball related, but we want to talk about them anyway. "Roadhouse" is a very bad place where bad people go for a time-out. Generally, you don't want a thread of yours ending up in the "Roadhouse"

I_Love_This_team
07-14-2005, 11:56 PM
How come? and thank you for answering my question I have been on sox talk and southsiders and i like this the best so far.

MUsoxfan
07-15-2005, 12:00 AM
How come?

That's just the way it's set up. Live it, love it, and follow the rules. :wink:

Ol' No. 2
07-15-2005, 12:17 AM
How come? and thank you for answering my question I have been on sox talk and southsiders and i like this the best so far.I STRONGLY urge you to read the stuck threads at the top of each forum which outline the rules. They'll help to describe what's appropriate for which forum. Also, it's assumed you're familiar with the terms of service. If you're not, read them. A few other things to watch out for:

1. Don't post a thread about attendance. It's been beaten to death and everyone is sick of hearing about it. Almost a sure banning.

2. Rollicking discussions are OK, but NEVER a personal attack.

3. If you post a thread in the wrong forum, people will probably call you on it, but don't get defensive. Most people recognize that newbies may not be completely familiar with the way things work. The mods will move it to the correct forum. If you make a habit of it, you'll be on their bad side, and that's not good.

4. It's good etiquette to look for threads on the same subject before you start a new one.

Also, check out some of the threads in the roadhouse to find out what kind of things lead to banning. Besides, they're mostly hilarious.

batmanZoSo
07-15-2005, 12:40 AM
4. It's good etiquette to look for threads on the same subject before you start a new one.

If you're pretty much an everyday poster or at least browse every day, you'll know what's been covered already. But if you're a casual poster and you hear any kind of rumor or piece of news on anything baseball related and it's more than a day old, you can be absolutely certain it's been discussed here already. Check the bottom of the forum page or the second page.

Let's see what else? No personal attacks like no. 2 said, which means no calling people idiots or any other name like that (unless they're a troll, in which case it's strongly encouraged :wink: ). And anything with a political slant will be locked and sent to the Roadhouse forum. No plugging websites, no talking about downloading music illegally, and no reviving of old threads just to say "that would've been a stupid trade."

Banix12
07-15-2005, 12:52 AM
If you're pretty much an everyday poster or at least browse every day, you'll know what's been covered already. But if you're a casual poster and you hear any kind of rumor or piece of news on anything baseball related and it's more than a day old, you can be absolutely certain it's been discussed here already. Check the bottom of the forum page or the second page.

Let's see what else? No personal attacks like no. 2 said, which means no calling people idiots or any other name like that (unless they're a troll, in which case it's strongly encouraged :wink: ). And anything with a political slant will be locked and sent to the Roadhouse forum. No plugging websites, no talking about downloading music illegally, and no reviving of old threads just to say "that would've been a stupid trade."

You forgot all Jay Mariotti related material is roadhouse material as well. I think that applies to a few of the other mediatrolls as well but I forget the complete list.

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 01:03 AM
You forgot all Jay Mariotti related material is roadhouse material as well. I think that applies to a few of the other mediatrolls as well but I forget the complete list.

Mike North for one.

I would also add that it is really stupid when you disagree with someone's opinion to say something like, "You must not be much of a Sox fan." You'll get about 10,000 posts coming down on you in about 30 seconds. Fortunately, I haven't seen that kind of thing around here in ages.

doublem23
07-15-2005, 01:05 AM
Mike North for one.

I would also add that it is really stupid when you disagree with someone's opinion to say something like, "You must not be much of a Sox fan." You'll get about 10,000 posts coming down on you in about 30 seconds. Fortunately, I haven't seen that kind of thing around here in ages.

Nobody's called Frank Thomas the Big Skirt in a while. :cool:

I_Love_This_team
07-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Alright guys thanks.

fquaye149
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Nobody's called Frank Thomas the Big Skirt in a while. :cool:

some jagbag in the Paulie all-star comment thread called him "the big blurt"

neither clever nor a good idea.

samram
07-15-2005, 12:27 PM

Skip Clueless is also on the list.

And another thing on etiquette- keep the number of tags you use to a minimum, especially the vomit one, which is very much over-used.

miker
07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
And another thing on etiquette- keep the number of tags you use to a minimum, especially the vomit one, which is very much over-used.

Even more than "This Thread Sucks" and "This Thread Blows"? :D:

fquaye149
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Even more than "This Thread Sucks" and "This Thread Blows"? :D:

:whocares:

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Skip Clueless is also on the list.

Except for threads involving Jay Moronotti.

samram
07-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Except for threads involving Jay Moronotti.

Agreed, but it's all for nought anyway given the thread starter's actual identity.

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Agreed, but it's all for nought anyway given the thread starter's actual identity.

Well, a real newbie might stumble here and maybe learn something.

Baby Fisk
07-15-2005, 01:37 PM
If you want to score points with WSI's founder, start a new thread entitled "The Chicago Bears' current uniforms are the best they've ever worn, and all their old uniforms are crap." :cool:

patbooyah
07-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, a real newbie might stumble here and maybe learn something.

i didn't know anything having to do with jay-jay was roadhouse, so you've touched the life of one child right there.

now off to vegas!!!!

miker
07-15-2005, 01:40 PM
:whocares:
Yeah, that one's overused as well...thanks for pointing it out!

TornLabrum
07-15-2005, 01:55 PM
i didn't know anything having to do with jay-jay was roadhouse, so you've touched the life of one child right there.

now off to vegas!!!!

Put down $10 for me for the Sox to take the World Series. (Hey! I'm a teacher. That's all I can afford!)

Goose
07-15-2005, 02:05 PM

What did I miss about the thread starter? I have never seen him/her before and it seemed to me that s/he was not acting like a :dtroll: . Is there a history here that I missed?

Baby Fisk
07-15-2005, 02:10 PM
What did I miss about the thread starter? I have never seen him/her before and it seemed to me that s/he was not acting like a :dtroll: . Is there a history here that I missed?
There are some people who have been permanently banned from WSI in the past. They try to re-register under different usernames and pretend to be someone else. But the Mods eventually root them out. The Mods are all-powerful. Fear them.

:deadtrolls

patbooyah
07-15-2005, 02:10 PM
seems that the topic starter here is actually a reincarnation of a previous troll... lets just say we were all "served and protected":

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3070

mr_genius
07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
especially the vomit one, which is very much over-used.

i agree

i dislike having to see that picture