PDA

View Full Version : Rowand's Catch

soxfan123
07-14-2005, 10:37 PM
The catch Aaron Rowand made against the Indians to save Pods tonight was the reason our team is so good this year. Every team has their moments of futility, but few can do what our team did tonight. That, my friends, is our team in a nutshell. No chance that happens last year, or maybe even 2000. It is those types of plays that distinguishes us firmly from the rest of the league. I feel like my team is invincible right now. Our management is too strong, our teamwork is too powerful and the pitching is too intimidating for us to fall now. I hope every Twins player sees that catch and shivers because that was them last year. But now, we have the pitching, and pitching is the name of the game. Let's hear it for a succesful 2005 season!

Here's to picking a man up! :gulp:

Chips
07-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Aaron Rowand............YES!:gulp:

SOXfnNlansing
07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I'll 3rd that :gulp:

shoota
07-15-2005, 03:57 AM
The catch Aaron Rowand made against the Indians to save Pods tonight was the reason our team is so good this year. Every team has their moments of futility, but few can do what our team did tonight. That, my friends, is our team in a nutshell. No chance that happens last year, or maybe even 2000. It is those types of plays that distinguishes us firmly from the rest of the league. I feel like my team is invincible right now. Our management is too strong, our teamwork is too powerful and the pitching is too intimidating for us to fall now. I hope every Twins player sees that catch and shivers because that was them last year. But now, we have the pitching, and pitching is the name of the game. Let's hear it for a succesful 2005 season!

I can hear Red Foreman saying that. I started hearing his voice and cadence when reading it, starting with the sentence, "That, my friends, is our team in a nutshell."

MUScholar21
07-15-2005, 08:13 AM

I was sitting in the bar watching the game, saw that catch, and KNEW this was going to be a thread. And I whole heartedly agree.

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2005, 09:28 AM
A great play!!:cool:

BigEdWalsh
07-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Watching Rowand's catch or more specifically watching Pods look bewildered and hopeless reminded me of the popup to end the game in Bang The Drum Slowly where Robert Deniro looked kinda just like Pods and Michael Moriarty made the catch.

Anyway, what a heads up play!! Way to go, A-Ro!!

MsSoxVixen22
07-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Another defensive gem by A-Ro! Yyyyess! :bandance: :bandance: