PDA

View Full Version : How's miller park?

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to know how miller park was. im going down this weeked to see loiaza pitch for the nats against the brewers. Should be an awsome game. unfortunately, the only seats available are in the upper deck (sec. 438), but nevertheless, it should be a really fun time

cheeses_h_rice
07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
It's a good park. It's HUGE and feels like a shopping mall when you first walk inside of it. Some of the seats in the OF have views where you can't see the scoreboard, but I guess that's to be expected. Parking is something like $6, too.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-14-2005, 11:10 PM
It's a good park. It's HUGE and feels like a shopping mall when you first walk inside of it. Some of the seats in the OF have views where you can't see the scoreboard, but I guess that's to be expected. Parking is something like $6, too.

sounds great, i love that parking deal

SoXPriDe33
07-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Miller Park is a great park to take in a ballgame. I've been there twice once in the upper deck and this year 6 rows from the field for the Sox exhibition game vs the Brewers. Parking is a very good deal and to put it this way, I wish the Sox built a stadium like the Brewers have.

Whitesox029
07-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Miller Park is a great park to take in a ballgame. I've been there twice once in the upper deck and this year 6 rows from the field for the Sox exhibition game vs the Brewers. Parking is a very good deal and to put it this way, I wish the Sox built a stadium like the Brewers have.
I don't like dome baseball.

It's a nice place, but I don't like dome baseball.

soxfan123
07-14-2005, 11:56 PM
I went to Miller Park against the yanks, and it is a very nice stadium. It feels like a very small park for some reason. The food is also superior. Have a good time!

JackParkman
07-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I'm a fan of Miller. Parking is a steal (though it's a long walk from the lot to the gate), the view is solid from just about anywhere in the park, the food is plentiful and usually pretty good. The only knock I have is that because of the nature of the structure, not a whole lot of air circulates and it can get real hot in the lower seats on a warm day.

Also, I've been there three times and the roof has never been closed. More often than not, it's not a dome.

Tragg
07-15-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm a fan of Miller. Parking is a steal (though it's a long walk from the lot to the gate), the view is solid from just about anywhere in the park, the food is plentiful and usually pretty good. The only knock I have is that because of the nature of the structure, not a whole lot of air circulates and it can get real hot in the lower seats on a warm day.

Also, I've been there three times and the roof has never been closed. More often than not, it's not a dome.

Why did they build a dome in Milwaukee for baseball? The month of April or something?

TDog
07-15-2005, 12:34 AM
In 2003, when I last went to Miller Park while living 17 miles away in Waukesha, parking was $6 on the far side of the bridge. Closer to the ballpark it was $12.

I don't particularly like Miller Park, in the respect that its problems (a lot of really bad seats, atrocious acoustics etc.) don't make up the retractable dome, which is its only redeeming quality. And that probably still leaks. I would to on, but this thread has been done before. I hope I copied the link correctly.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47481&highlight=Miller+Park

MUsoxfan
07-15-2005, 12:58 AM
I don't like dome baseball.

It's a nice place, but I don't like dome baseball.

Summer time = no dome. I think it's a beautiful place and I can't wait to attend another game there myself.

Banix12
07-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Why did they build a dome in Milwaukee for baseball? The month of April or something?

Exactly, they get a lot of games in the early months where it is just too cold to really play ball. Back in the county stadium days there would be a lot of snow outs in the first week or so of the season or at least there would be so few fans in the seats because frankly there are very few people whowant to freeze their butt off to watch brewer baseball during the first weekend of the season.

MUsoxfan
07-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Exactly, they get a lot of games in the early months where it is just too cold to really play ball. Back in the county stadium days there would be a lot of snow outs in the first week or so of the season or at least there would be so few fans in the seats because frankly there are very few people whowant to freeze their butt off to watch brewer baseball during the first weekend of the season.

You make it sound like the Brewers play in Alberta. They have the same weather in Milw as we do here in Chicago. I'd love it if the Sox stole Miller Park and brought it to Shields/Bill Veeck Dr.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-15-2005, 01:58 AM
every week there's a new thread about miller park. just drive 1.5 hours and go there already people
http://www.footdoc.ca/map%20of%20milwaukee%20and%20chicago.jpg

Banix12
07-15-2005, 02:05 AM
You make it sound like the Brewers play in Alberta. They have the same weather in Milw as we do here in Chicago. I'd love it if the Sox stole Miller Park and brought it to Shields/Bill Veeck Dr.

It's a little bit different, the winds blow off the lake a bit differently in Milwaukee than they do here in the Chicago area. The winter lasts just a little longer and it is just a bit higher when it comes to cumulative snowfall. It's not a huge difference I admit but it is enough to cause problems in the early part of the season.

There is also the matter that County stadium was a modified minor league stadium and was fairly run down. And anytime you have a dome stadium that prevents rainouts, double-headers, etc. it can only help. And certainly having the ability to raise the stadium temp. to 75 when it is 45 degrees outside will certainly bring more people to the stadium on cold damp nights.

Baseballfan22
07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
I love the place. We go up there once a year to see a game and it's always great.:)

JackParkman
07-15-2005, 08:40 AM

For one, Milwaukee hopes to one day host a Final Four. The Bradley Center is too small.

ewokpelts
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
It's a little bit different, the winds blow off the lake a bit differently in Milwaukee than they do here in the Chicago area. The winter lasts just a little longer and it is just a bit higher when it comes to cumulative snowfall. It's not a huge difference I admit but it is enough to cause problems in the early part of the season.

There is also the matter that County stadium was a modified minor league stadium and was fairly run down. And anytime you have a dome stadium that prevents rainouts, double-headers, etc. it can only help. And certainly having the ability to raise the stadium temp. to 75 when it is 45 degrees outside will certainly bring more people to the stadium on cold damp nights.
county stadium was built to lure in major league teams.... it had capacity of 37 k when the braves moved in...not a minor league park at all......remember, comiskey and wrigley had sub 27k capacities when first built
Gene

TomBradley72
07-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Part of the theory...was that for the Brewers to draw well....they need to draw from across the state....to do that...people need to know that the game will be played no matter what. The mayor proposed to build it downtown...but for some reason Selig was obsessed with the current site....

TDog
07-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Part of the theory...was that for the Brewers to draw well....they need to draw from across the state....to do that...people need to know that the game will be played no matter what. The mayor proposed to build it downtown...but for some reason Selig was obsessed with the current site....

Miller Park's site is a great. The site might be the best thing about the place. It has easy freeway access and ample parking. If you live north of Chicago, it's probably easier to get to Miller Park than it is to drive to and park at Wrigley, if you resist the temptation of the Mars Cheese Castle and the Bong Recreation Area. Mayors want to build ballparks downtown to revive their decaying inner cities. For some reason.

I know it is fashionable now to exalt ballparks that seem to flaunt their inconvenience for fans. I just don't understand why.

Steakpita
07-15-2005, 12:03 PM
I actually thought the traffic was pretty bad, but other than that it's a very nice place - definitely better than Wrigley by a longshot. The UD views are good, the food is cheap and decent, paying $6 for parking is a GODSEND, and the security staff is pretty liberal on what kinds of drink containers they let you walk in with:cool: . Nice place. Hope Esteban treats ya well. I would love to be up there for Livan vs. Sheets tonight!!

SoxRox
07-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I highly recommend the place. I have always had great time there. The brats are great! YOU MUST add the "stadium sauce" to 'em. Put's 'em over the top.

sOxrOx
"-----"

chisoxfan64
07-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I think its a great place for a ballgame. I`ve been there quite a few times and have always had a great time. You also gotta love a place that has a sausage hut in the parking lot.:gulp:

robertks61
07-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Warehouse baseball when the dome is closed. Great tailgating, food & seats.

ilsox7
07-15-2005, 05:44 PM
I wasn't impressed my one time there (for the All-Star Game). The sightlines were especially horrible.

skobabe8
07-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Went to Miller Park against the Yanks this year as well and here are my 2 pennies:

-We waited in line for the 1$ Uecker seats, right behind home plate in the UD, but behind 2 huge support beams. DEFINATELY worth it, especially since you can move around anywhere in the stadium. Those tix are on a first come, first serve basis and you can only buy 1 per person to keep the scalpers out.

-Great tailgating

-We took the ballpark tour, which is pretty cool. $6. Sat in the dugouts, walked on the field, checked out the bullpens and the press area.

-AWESOME gift shop. Made me very envious.

-Looks awesome from the highway at night. Huge and all lit up.

-The lower level bleacher seats suck. The roof is right on top of you and they have the TVs on the pillars because you cant see that much.

-Pretty cool place, but a little gimmicky. Especially Bernie Brewers dugout without the beer theme.

-Stop at Mars cheese castle. Get some curds, some port wine spread, beef sausage stick, and crackers for dipping.

TomBradley72
07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Miller Park's site is a great. The site might be the best thing about the place. It has easy freeway access and ample parking. If you live north of Chicago, it's probably easier to get to Miller Park than it is to drive to and park at Wrigley, if you resist the temptation of the Mars Cheese Castle and the Bong Recreation Area. Mayors want to build ballparks downtown to revive their decaying inner cities. For some reason.

I know it is fashionable now to exalt ballparks that seem to flaunt their inconvenience for fans. I just don't understand why.

Respectfully disagree....the taxpayers of Wisconsin paid for that ballpark...any possible positive economic impact for the taxpayers comes from the ancillary money for restaurants, bars, hotels, etc in the area around the park. A parking lot filled with tailgaters doesn't offer the same return. I lived in downtown Milwaukee for 5 years....traffic isn't really an issue....

JohnBasedowYoda
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Respectfully disagree....the taxpayers of Wisconsin paid for that ballpark...any possible positive economic impact for the taxpayers comes from the ancillary money for restaurants, bars, hotels, etc in the area around the park. A parking lot filled with tailgaters doesn't offer the same return. I lived in downtown Milwaukee for 5 years....traffic isn't really an issue....

it was a pleasure to drive in "rush hour" in milwaukee.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Went to Miller Park against the Yanks this year as well and here are my 2 pennies:

-We waited in line for the 1$ Uecker seats, right behind home plate in the UD, but behind 2 huge support beams. DEFINATELY worth it, especially since you can move around anywhere in the stadium. Those tix are on a first come, first serve basis and you can only buy 1 per person to keep the scalpers out.

-Great tailgating

-We took the ballpark tour, which is pretty cool. $6. Sat in the dugouts, walked on the field, checked out the bullpens and the press area.

-AWESOME gift shop. Made me very envious.

-Looks awesome from the highway at night. Huge and all lit up.

-The lower level bleacher seats suck. The roof is right on top of you and they have the TVs on the pillars because you cant see that much.

-Pretty cool place, but a little gimmicky. Especially Bernie Brewers dugout without the beer theme.

-Stop at Mars cheese castle. Get some curds, some port wine spread, beef sausage stick, and crackers for dipping.

awsome. thanks skobabe

TDog
07-16-2005, 05:37 AM

Sales taxes from six counties paid for the stadium. It is located near the junction of Interstates 94 and 43, in an easily accessible spot to people who live in those six counties. Economic development in downtown Milwaukee has no discernible effect on the people of Waukesha, Brookfield, Racine or Kenosha. If you don't live in downtown Milwaukee, Miller Park is in just about as accessible a place as it could be. It's a fan friendly location, which is more important than the political objectives of the Milwaukee machine.

What's wrong with convenience? Nothing, I say. I'll never go to Wrigley Field until they tear down all those damn bars in the neighborhood and put in some parking to make the place accessible. And even then, I would have to find a day when the Cubs weren't playing.

Optipessimism
07-16-2005, 06:45 AM
I wasn't impressed my one time there (for the All-Star Game). The sightlines were especially horrible.

Huh? I've sat in many different sections of the park and have always had a good view. Like any other park in the world, depending on where you sit you maky not be able to see one small particular area, but I've found that of the cheaper seats the second level along the first or thrid base lines provides one of the best views of the park.

Miller Park is a beautiful stadium, especially when she takes her top off. It's also a great place for tailgating (they don't care how long you stay there or how early you get there) and is easily accessible from the highway. The parking lot is huge, there are trashcans everywhere, and a few roofed picnic areas as well. There is enough room to throw a football around and tons of hot women everywhere. It is economical, spacious, fun, well-designed, and there is a Bug Selig plaque that you get to spit on before entering the park. I highly recommend it.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-16-2005, 11:15 AM
especially when she takes her top off
yeah i know i'm a pervert :tongue:

ilsox7
07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Huh? I've sat in many different sections of the park and have always had a good view. Like any other park in the world, depending on where you sit you maky not be able to see one small particular area, but I've found that of the cheaper seats the second level along the first or thrid base lines provides one of the best views of the park.

Miller Park is a beautiful stadium, especially when she takes her top off. It's also a great place for tailgating (they don't care how long you stay there or how early you get there) and is easily accessible from the highway. The parking lot is huge, there are trashcans everywhere, and a few roofed picnic areas as well. There is enough room to throw a football around and tons of hot women everywhere. It is economical, spacious, fun, well-designed, and there is a Bug Selig plaque that you get to spit on before entering the park. I highly recommend it.

Not at all. I sat a few rows up behind 3rd base...actually in Miller Brewing Company seats. Our seats faced right-center field. We literally had to sit sorta sideways to face the plate. In comparison to the other new parks I have been to (PacBell, Enron, Coors, Jake, the Cell) Miller Park is easily the worst. To each his/her own.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Not at all. I sat a few rows up behind 3rd base...actually in Miller Brewing Company seats. Our seats faced right-center field. We literally had to sit sorta sideways to face the plate. In comparison to the other new parks I have been to (PacBell, Enron, Coors, Jake, the Cell) Miller Park is easily the worst. To each his/her own.

i hope out seats arent that bad. we're sitting in left club infield

Palehose13
07-16-2005, 11:57 AM
It's ok, but by no means do I think it is great. I prefer Sox park over miller anyday. My issues with Miller:

-The concourse. As soon as you leave your seat you can forget about seeing any of the game.

-Sightlines. When Comiskey II was built, they made sure that every seat had a great view. Not so much at Miller park.

-Glass side window. When the dome is open, I still don't feel like I am at an outdoor ball park. I feel like I wanted to buy a convertible car, but settled for one with a sun roof. There is a lack of circulation or something...it just doesn't feel the same for some reason.

However, I am going Sunday. A friend of mine got some club tickets.

skobabe8
07-16-2005, 01:32 PM
awsome. thanks skobabe

My pleasure!:thumbsup:

I love to get feedback from parks I've never been to, so I'm more than happy to give it.

I forgot that the parking lots are basically always open. We got there around 12:30 for a 7 pm game and parked, took the tour, and just stayed in the parking lot tailgating from about 2:30 all the way until game time. We were in the first row so it cost us $12, but lots further away are $6. Very convenient for us out-of-towners.

If you do get there really early, park near The Hot Corner and go inside. Its in the left field corner of Miller Park. Its a concourse area where the gift shop is, the TGI Fridays is, and you can see onto the field. Its where our tour started too.

MHOUSE
07-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Miller Park is awesome. I've sat second level above home plate right under the press boxes and they were very reasonably priced and had a GREAT view. I saw a walkoff homerun for the Crew that night. Then in the left field bleachers which are up high and offer a good view of the whole field. Also down the thirdbase line and in the way upper deck which still wasn't that bad.

Awesome food (Wisconsin has great food, on par with Chicago), cheap parking, and (recently) competitive baseball. It's a lot easier to get off the highway and into the lot that it is to do the same at the 'Cell. Milwaukee "traffic" is nothing.....

jake27
07-18-2005, 12:41 PM
- tickets are usually plentiful and you dont have to pay much ($5 bernies terrance tickets and the $1 uecker seats, i dont know ehere to get these tho, anyone help me?). i actually went to a half price night (for seniors, but i still got one 1/2 off) and got 3rd row behind the brewers dugout.

- there arent people checking your ticket everywhere like at other ballparks, you can usually go to the lower concourse and see the game there even if you dont have a ticket down there

- i hate their bleachers. they seem far away from the field and just seem kinda away from the action

- get there for BP. you can stand on the outfield concourse and the home runs will come all over to you.

- ive heard eating at the fridays is real nice, never done it myself tho

-parking is cheap, and its easy in. its kinda far from the field, but not bad. leaving is kinda a pain, but a LOT better than if you drive to the cell.

-their giftshop is great, and TON of hats and tshirts.

sometimes, if my friends and i are running low on money, we will go to a brewers gaem insted of a sox game. all i need for a brewers game is about $10 where a white sox game its more like $20-$25

spawn
07-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I went for a Sox/Brewers game a few years back. I thought it was a great place to watch a game. We sat down the left field line. The food was good, if not great, the dome was open, the weather was beautiful, the Sox won...just an overall great experience.

FedEx227
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
it was a pleasure to drive in "rush hour" in milwaukee.

Yeah, Milwaukee Rush Hour is about equal to 8:30 pm in Chicago....beautiful.

I was a big fan of Miller Park, yes it had a sorta convertible feel, but it didn't have a very domey feel like some of the other domes I've been too (actually just Tropicana...please implode!).

The parking was great...$6 you can't beat that anywhere.

Easy to get to the park "Miller Park Way".

Great gift shop, I was able to snag up my Pods brewers jersey last year...WHO KNEW?

The upper-deck seats are a steal, either the $1 Uecker Seats, or Bernie Terrace for $5, and you have the luxury of moving right when the game starts...

Palehose13
07-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I slid into home plate at Miller Park on Sunday after the game. :D:

I haev friends that work at the park and we were at Friday's 4 hours after the game was over. NO ONE was there except the people cleaning the seating area. My two friends and I walked out of Friday's, walked through the concourse to the seats and then walked down onto the field. We each took a turn at thrid like we were tagging for a sac fly and ran home & slid. I went head first. It was awesome. No one said a thing, but the lady cleaning the dug out was laughing at us. :cool:

jake27
07-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I slid into home plate at Miller Park on Sunday after the game. :D:

I haev friends that work at the park and we were at Friday's 4 hours after the game was over. NO ONE was there except the people cleaning the seating area. My two friends and I walked out of Friday's, walked through the concourse to the seats and then walked down onto the field. We each took a turn at thrid like we were tagging for a sac fly and ran home & slid. I went head first. It was awesome. No one said a thing, but the lady cleaning the dug out was laughing at us. :cool:ive always wanted to be in a big league park when its completly empty (well almost in this case). i evny your experience

ThatGuyOnTheL
07-19-2005, 11:51 PM
tons of hot women everywhere. .

Are we talking about the same Wisconsin? I was severely disappointed - and I've got very low standards. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
07-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Thinking of seeing the Brewers this weekend...I noticed that they have $5 seats in the "Bernie's Terrace" section. Has anyone ever sat up there? How's the view? Can you buy food & beer up there?

mr_genius
07-28-2005, 04:07 PM
the stadium looks bad on TV

maybe i should go there for a game one of these days... na

cheeses_h_rice
07-28-2005, 04:09 PM
the stadium looks bad on TV

maybe i should go there for a game one of these days... na

It's pretty good, but it really is a "ballmall" compared to the Cell. I half expected to see an Orange Julius or Hot Topic when I entered it.

MIgrenade
07-28-2005, 04:25 PM
-The concourse. As soon as you leave your seat you can forget about seeing any of the game.

-Sightlines. When Comiskey II was built, they made sure that every seat had a great view. Not so much at Miller park.

-Glass side window. When the dome is open, I still don't feel like I am at an outdoor ball park. I feel like I wanted to buy a convertible car, but settled for one with a sun roof. There is a lack of circulation or something...it just doesn't feel the same for some reason.

However, I am going Sunday. A friend of mine got some club tickets.

These are perfect critiques. The first is actually what Hawk complains about with every park. Not only can you not see the field but you also have to walk around restaurants and things, it's actually easy to lose track of where you are. You have a good view unless you are in left field upper deck where the slide blocks your view.
The stadium is nice but I'd rather be at the Cell where you can go to the bar if the game is bad. Miller has Fridays, though, but no fan deck.

skobabe8
07-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Thinking of seeing the Brewers this weekend...I noticed that they have $5 seats in the "Bernie's Terrace" section. Has anyone ever sat up there? How's the view? Can you buy food & beer up there?

When I went on the tour, the TOUR GUIDE recommended not getting those seats. Bernies huge dugout thing blocks some of the views. I didnt venture up there to check it out for myself, however. We sat in the Uecker seats for $1 right above home plate. Those are a much better deal.