PDA

View Full Version : Ok....here we go!

EdHerman12
07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
I just want to say no matter how the rest of the season goes, you folks on this site are awesome! Let's hope we're all celebrating sometime in September. I have the same feeling about this team as I did back in '83.....they will get it done. God bless the boys and now PLAY BALL!

GO SOX!:gulp:

HITMEN OF 77
07-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I just want to say no matter how the rest of the season goes, you folks on this site are awesome! Let's hope we're all celebrating sometime in September. I have the same feeling about this team as I did back in '83.....they will get it done. God bless the boys and now PLAY BALL!

I have a good feeling we will be celebrating in September. I like your screen name. I have a 1970 game used Herrmann road flannel jersey. It's one of my favorites in my collection.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-14-2005, 05:57 PM

GO SOX!:gulp:.

Here Here! :gulp:

MUScholar21
07-14-2005, 06:10 PM

You sound like Thelma to our Louise, like its all about to go down the tubes.

Although, we are Sox fans, not the eternally optimistic (possibly due to alcohol) like the ones to the North.

batmanZoSo
07-14-2005, 06:45 PM
That was a hell of a long three days to have to endure an embarrassing home sweep, and our first true sweep of the year (I don't care about Texas, one game was rained out and I never consider a two game series to be a sweep anyway even if we win it, but that's just me). Time to continue kicking ass in the AL central, don't let up. That's what got us here, so continue it.

It's not really a new season, but baseball is a game of halves. 57-29 wasn't too shabby. 0-0 now. Just take care of business and we'll see you in the playoffs.

Taz
07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Let's hope we're all celebrating sometime in September.

Don't you mean OCTOBER!!

HITMEN OF 77
07-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Don't you mean OCTOBER!!

I think he meant, we will clinch in September.

Chips
07-14-2005, 08:15 PM
I'll drink to that, and I am off to the bar right now to finish watching the game.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

buehrle4cy05
07-14-2005, 08:23 PM
If we can't at the Cell, I would love to celebrate a division championship at the Twinkie Dome.

gosox3072
07-14-2005, 10:08 PM
If we can't at the Cell, I would love to celebrate a division championship at the Twinkie Dome.

If we do, or if we have a chance to, i will be there for sure!!

flo-B-flo
07-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Don't you mean OCTOBER!! Or November?!?!

chisoxfanatic
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
If we do, or if we have a chance to, i will be there for sure!!

It would be something else if there were more Sox fans than Twins fans there!!! The Twins haven't been drawing as well this season, so I'm sure tons of tickets will be left.

rwcescato
07-14-2005, 11:58 PM
It would be something else if there were more Sox fans than Twins fans there!!! The Twins haven't been drawing as well this season, so I'm sure tons of tickets will be left.

I just checked for the games in september at comisk. We have not sold that many tickets for that series yet. That really surprises me. I have an extra ticket right now the sept 23rd aginst the twins. they are still selling seats in the infield for that game. I am sure it will sell though.
Rich

SOX ADDICT '73
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM
That was a hell of a long three days to have to endure an embarrassing home sweep...
First of all, "hell" began for me last Friday night, when the Sox lost game 1 to Oakland. It was lessened slightly by an unexpected Royals victory Saturday, and Tuesday's assurance that games 1, 2, 6 & 7 of the 2005 WS will be played at USCF. "Hell" came to an end when the ball landed in Aaron's glove tonight for out #3, inning #9.

Secondly, can you believe a Cubs fan was heckling me today about those three games? I said, "Yeah, that stings. I'm sure not as much as an 8-game losing streak, but it still sucks." He got quiet, muttering something about "Sox always choke." I looked at him and said "1908," and he was done.

chisoxfanatic
07-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Secondly, can you believe a Cubs fan was heckling me today about those three games? I said, "Yeah, that stings. I'm sure not as much as an 8-game losing streak, but it still sucks." He got quiet, muttering something about "Sox always choke." I looked at him and said "1908," and he was done.

A CUB fan has no room to croak...Haven't they had somewhere near a 10-game losing streak this season??? Our biggest losing streak of the season has been a mere THREE games!!! And we've had less than a handful of said "losing streaks." They are always followed by even bigger winning streaks (like 8-gamers, which we have had THREE times this season)!

And Cub fans can put THAT on the board!!!