PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from Da Chairman

MUScholar21
07-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Uncle Jerry sent out a thank you note (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130661&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)to all of us White Sox fans. I dont know about the rest of you, but I'm touched. Actually, it is kind of nice of the notoriously reclusive Reinsdorf to send out this release. It would have been better if it was something a little more personal, but you take what you can get.:rolleyes:

ewokpelts
07-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Uncle Jerry sent out a thank you note (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130661&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)to all of us White Sox fans. I dont know about the rest of you, but I'm touched. Actually, it is kind of nice of the notoriously reclusive Reinsdorf to send out this release. It would have been better if it was something a little more personal, but you take what you can get.:rolleyes:

:reinsy

that's it...i was TRYING to be NICE to you....now i guess i'll have to implode the team....if anyone thinks we can catch minnesota, they're nuts!

dickallen15
If you want personal, go to Soxfest. Go up and talk to him. He'll have a conversation with you. He's a nice guy.

chisoxfan64
I like it.

tschneid83
07-14-2005, 06:21 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3062

Well isn't that special......

MarySwiss
07-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, but you know what? I really do believe that Jerry wants a baseball championship BADLY. It has to gall him that Steinbrenner has won, but he hasn't.

And maybe I'm naive, but I think he understands how close he is with this amazing team, and I think he will pull the trigger if he thinks the Sox can get it done.

Anyway, we'll see in the months to come.

RallyBowl
07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Why the eye rolling and the teal? I thought it was great, if the message actually was from him. I guess you can second guess anything, even a thank you.

Palehose13
07-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Why the eye rolling and the teal? I thought it was great, if the message actually was from him. I guess you can second guess anything, even a thank you.

Agreed. JR's damned is he does and damned if he doesn't with some people.

OzzieBall
07-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Even if he didnt write it, the letter gets me pumped up. It's going to be a great second half.

On a related note, I honestly believe Jerry will go out and make the team better if he believes this is the year. He has a business model and he works under it's limitations. One of the parts of that model is ticket revenue, and with the sales we have had this year, he may have more money to play with. I say, go get AJ Burnett and lets have three really good righties, Burly-man, and a savvy vet in El Duque.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-14-2005, 07:00 PM
This is the perfect way for Jerry Reinsdorf to communicate with the fans. It's a prepared statement and there is no way for him to ad lib or otherwise wind up with his foot in his mouth. Examples:

"The way we're playing anybody who thinks we were going to catch Cleveland is crazy."
(2 weeks after Robin Ventura returned from the DL.)

"I'm sure Sox Fans are glad to be WRONG about the White Flag Trade."
(The day the '00 Sox clinched the division.)

"Sox Fans don't want to win as much as I do."
(Commenting on the announced plans to spend money renovating New Comiskey Park.)

I'm not sure whose idea this was (Brooks?) but kudos to them for selling the chairman on it. He is his own worst enemy. This is definitely the way to handle his public comments regarding the team and the fans.

:thumbsup:

:gallas
"I tried getting Elvis to talk for Mr. Reinsdorf, but there was always a scheduling conflict."

MUScholar21
07-14-2005, 07:07 PM
The eye rolling is just for lack of something better suited for it, I guess. I do believe Reinsdorf wants to win with the White Sox-he has always said that. I guess its just that from a guy who is widely considered to be impersonal in this city due to a low profile(especially considering that he is far and away the most successful owner in Chicago) this falls right in line. I am sure he is not some heartless jackal, but sometimes he doesn't do anything to fight morons like Mariottis comments on him. The last time he said something publicly, that I know of, is on the Carmen and Silvy show when he had a less than stellar interview.

I guess in my rambling incoherent way I'm just saying that while I like to see things like this it does nothing to dispute the public perception of him-and I would like to see that from Reinsdorf. If he would do more interviews where he just talks baseball, he would be seen for the good guy I think he is. One of the best interviews I ever heard with him was with Farmer in a Sox pre-game (the one where he says his favorite player is Tony Graffanino). They just talked Brooklyn Dodgers, White Sox, and every other baseball thing. That is when he is endearing. But then he goes back to being the man behind the curtain. I just want him to be seen by the public as a guy who thinks the White Sox are the most important thing.

TomBradley72
07-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Nice touch from JR...he's clearly trying...at least we have an owner...not some B.S. media conglomerate.....

MUScholar21
07-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Nice touch from JR...he's clearly trying...at least we have an owner...not some B.S. media conglomerate.....

GREAT point

DSpivack
07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
We have the best record in baseball; thanks to good offseason moves by GM Kenny Williams but also, yes, thanks to a payroll increase to $75 million by the Chairman.

The Racehorse
07-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I want to thank you for your tremendous support of this team. I appreciate it. Ken Williams appreciates it. Ozzie Guillen, our coaches and our players appreciate it. And everyone in our front office appreciates the energy you have brought to this team. Your support has been unbelievable.

Jerry Reinsdorf

Hey, no problem... your welcome. :gulp:

TornLabrum
07-14-2005, 08:36 PM
After June 21, I have nothing bad to say about Jerry Reinsdorf. He happened to be dining at the Polo Cafe while the WCSF luncheon was being held in the banquet room next door. He stopped to say hi to the board members who were outside waiting for Ozzie Guillen, and after Ozzie stopped in the Cafe section to talk for a minute with him, he stopped over and signed autographs and posed for pictures for a good 20-25 minutes.

I think he really does want to connect with the fans. Before he left, he asked to be informed of all future luncheon dates.