PDA

View Full Version : Marlins designate Leiter for assignment

shaunburnette
07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130752&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I used to really like this guy. Any thought on him coming to the Sox? If he got his location back he could help with his postseason experience.

eriqjaffe
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050714&content_id=1130752&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I used to really like this guy. Any thought on him coming to the Sox? If he got his location back he could help with his postseason experience.
I can think of a number of Marlins pitchers I'd rather have...

...no, thanks. This is not the time to take on project players.

samram
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
No thanks. He's been getting killed in a pitcher's park. My thought is he's lost a lot on the slider and would get hammered facing AL lineups.

JRIG
07-14-2005, 04:02 PM

Oh Lord. Leiter is done, done, done, done, done. Welcome to the FOX broadcast booth, Al. Can you replace Steve Lyons while you're at it?

JUribe1989
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
This is incredibly upsetting to me. Leiter is a great guy and one of my favorite pitchers. He will make an excellent broadcaster however, and I look forward to hearing more of him.

Baby Fisk
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh Lord. Leiter is done, done, done, done, done.
Is he done enough for the New York Yankees? :o: They've signed far worse for far more...

Kogs35
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Oh Lord. Leiter is done, done, done, done, done. Welcome to the FOX broadcast booth, Al. Can you replace Steve Lyons while you're at it?

how about tim mcaver?

buehrle4cy05
07-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I can think of a number of Marlins pitchers I'd rather have...

Dontrelle Willis?

soxfan123
07-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Ok, I have heard absolutely nothing on this, but it is just a thought...

Since Al Leiter was dropped today by the Marlins, why not him? He was great for a long time on the Mets, has won a world series, and knows the game very well. I am not saying we give up a position player for him, but he can turn it around in a new uniform. What do you think?

MRKARNO
07-14-2005, 07:21 PM
The only involvement I want Al Leiter having with the White Sox is calling the ALCS if we make it. He's finished as a pitcher, but he's not a bad broadcaster.

Joosh
07-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Since Al Leiter was dropped today by the Marlins, why not him? He was great for a long time on the Mets, has won a world series, and knows the game very well. I am not saying we give up a position player for him, but he can turn it around in a new uniform. What do you think?

Do it Kenny.

Leiter is done, and Kenny isn't dumb.

:KW

"Only the Cubune *cough*bias*cough* would make such an atrocious claim like that."

LuvSox
07-14-2005, 11:35 PM
He's said before the ChiSox are a team he would never play for.

Madvora
07-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Speak of the devil...
These are from cbsportsline.com's rumor mill section...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

According to the Providence Journal, the Red Sox might be interested in Al Leiter at a bargain-basement price. The left-handed pitcher was designated for assignment by Florida and if he clears waivers, Boston could pick him up while the Marlins assume the balance of his $4.5 million salary.

The Yankees and Rockies are talking about a deal involving Shawn Chacon in which the Yankees would sacrifice minor league pitcher Eduardo Sierra, says the New York Post The newspaper said the Yankees might also be interesed in Al Leiter, who was designated for assignment by Florida.

See you in the playoffs Baltimore!

PatK
07-15-2005, 09:03 AM
The only involvement I want Al Leiter having with the White Sox is calling the ALCS if we make it. He's finished as a pitcher, but he's not a bad broadcaster.

Exactly.

I think he's pretty good in the booth. Adds some good insight, especially about pitching, without coming across as a smarmy know-it-all.

CHISOXFAN13
07-15-2005, 09:59 AM

The best oart about this post was your use of the word WAS in describing Leiter.

He's finished.