PDA

View Full Version : El Duque?

kj.hayes
07-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Has Hernandez been officially activated yet? If not... when? Isn't Ozzie planning to start him against the Tigers on 7/18? If he's not on the roster then, who's going to pitch? (Jenks?!...)

MushMouth
07-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Has Hernandez been officially activated yet? If not... when? Isn't Ozzie planning to start him against the Tigers on 7/18? If he's not on the roster then, who's going to pitch? (Jenks?!...)

Here's my assumptions:

Duque will be activated today or tomorrow, Walker Down

Harris down, Gload up...

all within this weekend..

danjames
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Walker was sent down when Marte was activated.

anewman35
07-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Here's my assumptions:

Duque will be activated today or tomorrow, Walker Down

Harris down, Gload up...

all within this weekend..

Walker's already been sent down. I'm guessing Marte comes up today, and El Duque will be activited just before his start with Jenks going down. No sense activating him now, might as well keep an extra arm in the pen for a few days.

Edit - oops, looks like part of this already happened:

CHICAGO -- Prior to tonight's game, the Chicago White Sox reinstated left-handed pitcher Damaso Marte from the 15-day disabled list.

Iwritecode
07-14-2005, 04:09 PM
El Duque will be activited just before his start with Jenks going down. No sense activating him now, might as well keep an extra arm in the pen for a few days.

That's what I've always assumed.

JUribe1989
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Why not just call Gload up tonight and send Willie down?

Go_aaron_go!
07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Guys, this is my first post. Anyway, They activated Marte today, They will send down Willy after the game and Active Gload. On Monday is when they will send down Jenks and activate El Duque.