PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason Lemming Cubs Fans Are Morons

TomBradley72
07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
From today's Cubune article..celebrating the "breaking story" on rooftop seating "Just be ready to pay for that view. A ticket on the rooftop averages $100 to $150 per game (which includes food and drinks) and can easily skyrocket, depending on who's playing."....sounds like "Scout Seating" except these seats are about a mile away from the action.

Crumbling ballpark with obstructed views and no parking named after chewing gum, the stupidest fans in all of baseball, losing tradition over the past 60 years (15 winning seasons in that entire span), sleepy manager with a toothpick at the helm, lost 7 of their last 10 games before the All Star break....when are the masses going to wake up to this scam?

Iwritecode
07-14-2005, 03:21 PM
From today's Cubune article..celebrating the "breaking story" on rooftop seating "Just be ready to pay for that view. A ticket on the rooftop averages $100 to $150 per game (which includes food and drinks) and can easily skyrocket, depending on who's playing."....sounds like "Scout Seating" except these seats are about a mile away from the action.

Crumbling ballpark with obstructed views and no parking named after chewing gum, the stupidest fans in all of baseball, losing tradition over the past 60 years (15 winning seasons in that entire span), sleepy manager with a toothpick at the helm, lost 7 of their last 10 games before the All Star break....when are the masses going to wake up to this scam?

If/when the Tribune sells. Then they won't have anyone to tell the masses what a wonderful ballpark it is.

Baby Fisk
07-14-2005, 03:23 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

"Dude! Did you see that story in the paper about rooftop seating? It's so awesome we gotta get tickets for next weekend! What? Not a problem man, my mom just gave me her MasterCard again. It's gonna be so sweeeeeeet! The Cubs are on a roll too with Kerry and the other guy back, and Sammy should be back from the DL too pretty soon. They are gonna rock the playoffs! It's so awesome being a Cubs fan! Let's invite those girls we met at the kegger last night. What? You lost their numbers? Dude, that is major uncool. Um... can I bring your sister?"

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2005, 03:37 PM

Crumbling ballpark with obstructed views and no parking named after chewing gum, the stupidest fans in all of baseball, losing tradition over the past 60 years (15 winning seasons in that entire span), sleepy manager with a toothpick at the helm, lost 7 of their last 10 games before the All Star break....when are the masses going to wake up to this scam?I have never been able to figure out why anyone would pay those prices to sit on a rooftop across the street.:?: And then complain about the Sox upper deck.:?::?::?:

fquaye149
07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

"Dude! Did you see that story in the paper about rooftop seating? It's so awesome we gotta get tickets for next weekend! What? Not a problem man, my mom just gave me her MasterCard again. It's gonna be so sweeeeeeet! The Cubs are on a roll too with Kerry and the other guy back, and Sammy should be back from the DL too pretty soon. They are gonna rock the playoffs! It's so awesome being a Cubs fan! Let's invite those girls we met at the kegger last night. What? You lost their numbers? Dude, that is major uncool. Um... can I bring your sister?"

you'll be hearing from george knue's lawyer.

Hangar18
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I went to a party on one of the rooftops out in LF that actually DOESNT have
an obstructed view of the field ......... IT HAS AN OBSTRUCTED VIEW OF THE STADIUM. The place was jampacked, people were getting drunk as heck,
and in the little "bleacher" section they had outside .....not a single person
was watching the game, everyone was hanging out, talking. You couldnt
see anyway......the view was of the Facade of the LF grandstand!!!

I remember thinking OK, this is dumb

fox23
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I have never been able to figure out why anyone would pay those prices to sit on a rooftop across the street.:?: And then complain about the Sox upper deck.:?::?::?:

Because you don't go there to watch the game, you go there to party. I remember being up there a few years ago for a Cardinals game and cheering when Jim Edmonds hit a home run. Without even thinking, most of the people up there too just jumped up and started cheering, and the majority were in Cub gear.

A_ROW33
07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Because you don't go there to watch the game, you go there to party. I remember being up there a few years ago for a Cardinals game and cheering when Jim Edmonds hit a home run. Without even thinking, most of the people up there too just jumped up and started cheering, and the majority were in Cub gear.

Just what I was thinking, also they only complain about the upper deck because it's too steep for them to walk down after they have had 20 millers.

Hitmen77
07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
From today's Cubune article..celebrating the "breaking story" on rooftop seating ....

I don't know about the print edition, but tribune.com has this as their TOP story!

I think this quote from the article pretty much sums it up about most Cub fans and how much they care about baseball:

"I don't think you're going to a rooftop to watch a game," said McReynolds, 42, a New Jersey businessman. "It's like going to an outdoor bar and watching it on TV."

fquaye149
07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I went to a party on one of the rooftops out in LF that actually DOESNT have
an obstructed view of the field ......... IT HAS AN OBSTRUCTED VIEW OF THE STADIUM. The place was jampacked, people were getting drunk as heck,
and in the little "bleacher" section they had outside .....not a single person
was watching the game, everyone was hanging out, talking. You couldnt
see anyway......the view was of the Facade of the LF grandstand!!!

I remember thinking OK, this is dumb

For as much as you hate the cubs, you sure spend a lot of time around cub fans :redneck

Jerko
07-14-2005, 04:12 PM
"I don't think you're going to a rooftop to watch a game," said McReynolds, 42, a New Jersey businessman. "It's like going to an outdoor bar and watching it on TV."

No, moron, it's like going to a bar to watch the game on TV, and never turning on the TV. And some of you guys spend WAAAAAAAAY too much time at/near/around Wrigley!

maurice

Except that going to an outdoor bar and watching it on TV doesn't cost $150.

SoxFan78

Thats a pretty expensive bar then! $150 up front for some hot dogs and beer for three hours. I dont think it's worth it...

ilsox7
07-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Except that going to an outdoor bar and watching it on TV doesn't cost $150.

Exactly! Lately my conversation with Cub fans has been: why not go to Barleycorns and take the money spent on your ticket and pay for ALL of your beer for the day? Most of them kinda think that's groundbreaking thought. Some will say, "But I like being out in the sun." OK, so find a bar with a patio and a TV and do the same. Stumps them every time.

Madvora
07-14-2005, 04:23 PM
You know, the whole idea of the rooftop probably used to be cool once the first person discovered it in 1916.

"Hey, I just moved to Chicago and got this nice apartment. Anyway, I decided to check out this stairway that was leading to the roof. I went up there and you can actually see into Wrigley Field across the street. I wonder if I could watch a game from up there?"

I would only be worth it if you actually lived there. Drastically overpaying to get really bad seats to a baseball game makes no sense whatsoever.

Baby Fisk
07-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I would only be worth it if you actually lived there. Drastically overpaying to get really bad seats to a baseball game makes no sense whatsoever.
Bear in mind the lemmings aren't forking over their bucks to go to a baseball game (see above lemming quotes). They are paying for the right to drink beer with friends on a rooftop adjacent to a ballpark. Consider the ratio of money paid vs. beer consumed. It's like a freakin licence to print money. Every capitalist business on the face of the Earth prays for customers like these. :rolleyes:

mr_genius
07-14-2005, 04:43 PM
you'll be hearing from george knue's lawyer.

That is George Knue in the picture

he is, rightfully so, ashamed of himself

Madvora
07-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Bear in mind the lemmings aren't forking over their bucks to go to a baseball game (see above lemming quotes). They are paying for the right to drink beer with friends on a rooftop adjacent to a ballpark. Consider the ratio of money paid vs. beer consumed. It's like a freakin licence to print money. Every capitalist business on the face of the Earth prays for customers like these. :rolleyes:
I'm well aware of how they think, but I can't stop thinking like an intelligent person...

cheeses_h_rice
07-14-2005, 04:55 PM
The psychology of those who willingly fork over huge amounts of money to enjoy what is basically a ridiculously overpriced BBQ, in the purported aim of rooting on "their" baseball team would go a long way in explaining the immense fandom of many of the Wrigley faithful.

You're not there to enjoy the baseball, because you can't see what's happening on the field most of the time.

You're not there to focus on the food, since there are any number of better, cheaper places to eat within a mile of Wrigley.

You're there because you want to be on TV ("oh, there are those legendary Wrigley rooftops!" [built in 2000]), and you want to drink beer, make business contacts, and mack on stacked blonde hotties with the stupid baseball game operating as pleasant background noise.

It's like the perfect extension of sitting in the bleachers, just classed up and made more comfortable. No wonder the Cubune Corporation makes such a huge deal about it (even disregarding their 17% of the gross revenues of the rooftop businesses).

maurice
07-14-2005, 05:11 PM
To be fair, who among us doesn't want to mack on stacked blonde hotties?

Then again, you could always just spend the day at the beach (where the hotties are wearing even less clothing), and mack away for . . . what's that cost again? . . . oh, yeah . . . nothing!

cheeses_h_rice
07-14-2005, 05:15 PM

My wife might have a problem with that...

:gulp:

ClaudelSleptHere
07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
My favorite quotes from this article, which could also easily fit into any of the threads titled "dumbest things ever said by Cub fans:"

"I'm talking to people I've never even met"

"It's like watching the game on TV..............but a really big TV"

Priceless

SOXPHILE
07-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Then again, you could always just spend the day at the beach (where the hotties are wearing even less clothing), and mack away for . . . what's that cost again? . . . oh, yeah . . . nothing!

True ! It's like I tell cub fans again and again- No, there's nothing wrong with drinking, flirting and trying to hook up with women, and hanging out, getting a tan. Sox fans love doing those things too. It's just that, for the drinking and flirting thing, we go to places called "restaurants", "bars" or "nightclubs". For just hanging out, getting tan, we go to this place called "the beach". Now, call me crazy, but when I go to a ballpark, I go there to..GASP !...ACTUALLY WATCH A BASEBALL GAME !!

cheeses_h_rice
07-14-2005, 05:36 PM
True ! It's like I tell cub fans again and again- No, there's nothing wrong with drinking, flirting and trying to hook up with women, and hanging out, getting a tan. Sox fans love doing those things too. It's just that, for the drinking and flirting thing, we go to places called "restaurants", "bars" or "nightclubs". For just hanging out, getting tan, we go to this place called "the beach". Now, call me crazy, but when I go to a ballpark, I go there to..GASP !...ACTUALLY WATCH A BASEBALL GAME !!

Reminds me of George Costanza, wanting to be able to have sex, eat, and watch TV, all at the same time.

StillMissOzzie
07-14-2005, 06:21 PM
I have never been able to figure out why anyone would pay those prices to sit on a rooftop across the street.:?: And then complain about the Sox upper deck.:?::?::?:

Shorter lines to take a leak, I guess. No other valid reason.

SMO
:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Shorter lines to take a leak, I guess. No other valid reason.

SMO
:gulp:They don't wait in line to take a leak. They use sinks, trash cans, whatever is available. The thought of a bunch of them on a roof top is not pretty.

fquaye149
07-14-2005, 06:23 PM

Look at it this way: it's the perfect Cub fan experience: pay a lot to go to a game and you don't really even watch the game. Plus there's no temptation to watch cuz you can't see **** anyway.

TheOldRoman
07-14-2005, 06:31 PM
I prefer brunettes.
As for going to the game to meet girls, I haven't had to do it in over 2 years, but the ballpark is the LAST place I would go to do it. Granted, there are a lot of hot girls at the Cell on any given day, but that's not what I'm there for. I am concentrating on the game the whole time I'm there. If the Sox are losing, I am in such a bad mood that I don't even talk much to my friends. There is no way I could watch the Sox get pounded while "macking" on girls, as the frat boys of Lambda Cubby do regularly. They must be better fans than I, so optimistic!

C-Dawg
07-14-2005, 10:34 PM
My boss was invited to see a game from the rooftops a couple months ago, by a client. It turned out to be the game where Pryor injured his elbow. On Monday morning, I commented to him (the boss) that it may turn out to be a significant game, particularly if the elbow is really broken bad and Pryor is out for the season. My boss, said, "Yeah, it was weird because no one was watching and no one knew what was going on, so everyone just assumed it was the end of the inning so they just kept talking business and ordering more drinks".

Madvora
07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
My boss was invited to see a game from the rooftops a couple months ago, by a client. It turned out to be the game where Pryor injured his elbow. On Monday morning, I commented to him (the boss) that it may turn out to be a significant game, particularly if the elbow is really broken bad and Pryor is out for the season. My boss, said, "Yeah, it was weird because no one was watching and no one knew what was going on, so everyone just assumed it was the end of the inning so they just kept talking business and ordering more drinks".
That's hilarious. There are so many posts about people's bosses being just like this guy. I love it. There's about 1 post a day about someone's boss being a Cub fan who doesn't have a clue what's going on.