PDA

View Full Version : Rotation--why not a fresh start for 2nd half?

Procol Harum
07-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Ok, ok...Contreras was next in line in the rotation, but after being swept by Oakland, am I the only guy feeling less than chipper about having Hozay Contrary start in the first game out of the box in Cleveland? :(:

Sxy Mofo
07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Ok, ok...Contreras was next in line in the rotation, but after being swept by Oakland, am I the only guy feeling less than chipper about having Hozay Contrary start in the first game out of the box in Cleveland? :(:

Who do you suggest starts? Garcia who pitched Sunday and it would only be 3 days rest? Buehrle who pitched saturday and two innings tuesday? Or Garland who pitched friday and one inning tuesday. I could see a point made for Garland, but even then, I'm not sure i'd start him.

LVSoxFan
07-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Well they're right, who else are we gonna start? But I share your concern about Jose Behind-the-Countreras.

That's why I'll be glad when KW picks up AJ Burnett as a starter.

veeter
07-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I'll take my chances the way things are so we have a fully rested staff. Although it's important to get that first game. I expect Contreras to be bad. Hopefully Millwood is bad too. Anything to show Kenny the staff needs a boost.

ChicagoHoosier
07-14-2005, 09:54 AM
The rotation has been set for a while now to allow our best pitchers to be on the bump for as many key series coming up as possible. If you look at the upcoming schedule, I think you'll like the matchups of Freddy, Burly, and Garland and who they will pitch against.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Hopefully Millwood is bad too.

Don't count on it.The Sox have faced him 3 times in 2005.
The Sox are 2-1 in games Millwood has started,but he doesn't
give up many runs.Maybe 3 or 4 at most.Beuhrle beat Millwood
1-0 on opening day.Millwood got an ND when the Sox beat the Tribe
in extra innings in Cleveland.The last time he faced the Sox
in Chicago,he beat them.

We'll see.

BeviBall!
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
This is a huge series. The SPs have to bring it.

whitesoxfan
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Don't count on it.The Sox have faced him 3 times in 2005.
The Sox are 2-1 in games Millwood has started,but he doesn't
give up many runs.Maybe 3 or 4 at most.Beuhrle beat Millwood
1-0 on opening day.Millwood got an ND when the Sox beat the Tribe
in extra innings in Cleveland.The last time he faced the Sox
in Chicago,he beat them.

We'll see.

I thought Westbrook started on opening day for the Tribe. Millwood i *think* pitched the game where we were down by 3 in the 9th before Wickman imploded.

ChicagoHoosier
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Beuhrle beat Millwood 1-0 on opening day.

I thought MB beat Westbrook Opening Day? The second game, Millwood looked awesome but then Wickman blew the save and we won the game.

daveeym
07-14-2005, 10:29 AM
The rotation has been set for a while now to allow our best pitchers to be on the bump for as many key series coming up as possible. If you look at the upcoming schedule, I think you'll like the matchups of Freddy, Burly, and Garland and who they will pitch against. Yeah what he said. We had a thread on this and Ozzie talked about this is some article. The rotation is set to have the big three going against the twins and other big series.

alohafri
07-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I understand about Jo-Con starting tonight (and I prefer our top 3 going against the , but I think the concern is us losing 4 in a row. There is no excuse not to have our "A" team out there tonight...anyone know if Crede is still hurting?

--Mrs. Aloha

Soxzilla
07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Westbrook did pitch opening day.

The only problem I see with this rotation, is that El Duque and Contreras will still pitch one after the other...assuming El Duque pitches the fifth game after the break.

TDog
07-14-2005, 11:10 AM
If Buehrle and Garland hadn't pitched in the All-Star game, the rotation would have a fresh start.

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2005, 12:19 PM
I understand about Jo-Con starting tonight (and I prefer our top 3 going against the , but I think the concern is us losing 4 in a row. There is no excuse not to have our "A" team out there tonight...anyone know if Crede is still hurting?

--Mrs. AlohaI just hope M-Buehr, J-Gar and Fred-G can keep up their first half performance. With worries about E-Duq's arm, we don't want to have to rely on B-Mac or, even worse, J-Ads down the stretch.:cool:

ondafarm
07-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Have the Sox made a roster move to activate (off the DL) El Duque?

ChiSoxRowand
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Millwood pitched the game where Wickman imploded. He also pitched the opening game in Cleveland where Garcia threw a gem.

StillMissOzzie
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Westbrook did pitch opening day.

The only problem I see with this rotation, is that El Duque and Contreras will still pitch one after the other...assuming El Duque pitches the fifth game after the break.

I agree. I was hoping the Cubans would be split up to save the bullpen, as I see these two as the most likely to go 5-6 innings instead of 7-8 innings. Back-to-back short outings could take it's toll if they mount up.

SMO
:gulp:

Steakpita
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I just hope M-Buehr, J-Gar and Fred-G can keep up their first half performance. With worries about E-Duq's arm, we don't want to have to rely on B-Mac or, even worse, J-Ads down the stretch.:cool:

My brain hurts..

D-Herm?
S-Tak <---- seattle international airport is SeaTak
L-Viz (Elvis)

okay.. i need to get some sleep.

Baby Fisk
07-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I just hope M-Buehr, J-Gar and Fred-G can keep up their first half performance. With worries about E-Duq's arm, we don't want to have to rely on B-Mac or, even worse, J-Ads down the stretch.:cool:
It's like an ebonics course gone mad.

ode to veeck
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
:contreras:

Becuase I am going to shut down the Toons after the few days off

THEBIGHURT35
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
i think is probably going to be the biggest series so far this seasaon. This is the first time playing after getting swept

Muopsies
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
My brain hurts..

S-Tak <---- seattle international airport is SeaTak

Actually its SeaTac, but who's counting?

anewman35
07-14-2005, 02:13 PM
i think is probably going to be the biggest series so far this seasaon. This is the first time playing after getting swept

So? What does being swept in the last series have anything to do with this series?

roseysnotatrufan
07-14-2005, 05:20 PM
evry1 talks about the cubs having the best pitching staff but they dont even have the best staff in chicago. in my opinion buerhle is the best left handed pitcher in the game now. Garland is having a break out year and if he keeps this up he will be top 5 in the league. Garcia has loads of talent and i love el duque when hes on. Contreras isnt a bad 5th man at all either.