PDA

View Full Version : Chacon to Yankees?

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
On Dumb and Dumber this morning they were talking about a deal sending Shawn Chacon to the Yankees for minor leaguers. Might make sense with them getting Zach Day. This reeks of desperation for the Yankees. Anyone heard anything to confirm this?

BeviBall!
07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Chacon was an all-star starter in '03 before Colorado screwed him up by moving him to the closer's role last year. He was starting again this season and doing well until he got hurt.

I'd take him.

Brian26
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I turned on Mike and Mike this morning for about 5 minutes, and Greenberg read a note announcing the trade. Chacon for basically a player to be named later.

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I turned on Mike and Mike this morning for about 5 minutes, and Greenberg read a note announcing the trade. Chacon for basically a player to be named later.You heard what I heard. But there's absolutely nothing anywhere else about this. Another of Greenberg's hallucinations?

Kogs35
07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
You heard what I heard. But there's absolutely nothing anywhere else about this. Another of Greenberg's hallucinations?

it came from olney who called it in

MUsoxfan
07-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I'd take him.

I wouldn't. His good years are past him. He's nothing but a server of homerun balls.

Banix12
07-15-2005, 01:01 AM
Desperate act for a desperate team.

I_Love_This_team
07-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Desperate act for a desperate team.
Exactly right, I am glad the Yankees will be out of the way of Burnett and Schmidt. I think that we will not end up with anyone. I don't want to give up Marte. I also think it would be messed up to give up McCarthy because he is a great pitcher and........... a life long Sox fan.
I do think we need to trade one of our outfielders. Trade the older one, which would be Anderson, and keep Sweeney. Dye has one more year but Rowand and Podsednik will be here for a while, so they will not both get chances. We could get alot for Anderson and we maybe able to get Schmidt or Burnett f we throw in a Tracey or someone another Young pitcher or even trade Arnie Munoz away.

Flight #24
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
They're saying that Wang, who was arguably their best starter, is out with a torn rotator cuff. If so, they're REALLY desperate, and they also have one less chip to deal. So Chacon may be the best they can do barring some sort of 3-way trade where they take on a ton of salary and therefore get a good pitcher in exchange for a mediocre prospect.

DaleJRFan
07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Rockies Trade Chacon to Yankees

The Colorado Rockies sent right-handed pitcher Shawn Chacon to the New York Yankees on Thursday night for a pair of Minor League pitchers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050728&content_id=1148669&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

rowand33
07-28-2005, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't. His good years are past him. He's nothing but a server of homerun balls.

His good years are behind him? he's 28 he was an allstar in 2003, he's got a 4.09 ERA this year...

yeah, he's gonna be collecting his social security check any day now.

this is a decent move for the yankees. I wouldn't take him on our team, but it's a low risk, medium reward trade, and he's an upgrade over what they have.