PDA

View Full Version : Per Cub-Times: Sox "bus" has a flat tire

mjharrison72
07-14-2005, 09:40 AM
linky (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox14.html)

Is this just like it's easier to write a bad movie review than a good one? Because otherwise, I don't really get it:

The White Sox will charge into the second half with all the momentum of a bus heading uphill on a flat tire.

I know the Oakland series was not a good thing, but it's a team the Sox' struggles against which are well-documented. Why the doom and gloom?

Side note: Headline for the Flubs' second half: "Do the Math: Prior, Wood Hold Key"

I may stop reading the paper altogether.

samram
07-14-2005, 09:42 AM
I may stop reading the paper altogether.

Well, definitely stop reading that one.

Madvora
07-14-2005, 09:45 AM
We're doomed

Baby Fisk
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
... and the Cubs roll into the second half with all the momentum of a broken-down Go-Kart with 3 wheels.

daveeym
07-14-2005, 10:03 AM
... and the Cubs roll into the second half with all the momentum of a broken-down Go-Kart with 3 wheels.Come on man they're rolling like a hummer with nitrous boosters.

Cellview22
07-14-2005, 10:03 AM
I agree with the article for the most part, especially the "Hit Parade". What I don't agree with is.. "The White Sox will charge into the second half with all the momentum of a bus heading uphill on a flat tire." You can't say we have no momentum just because we just got swept. The Sox will look at it like, we have a 9-game lead, best record in baseball, and time to start tearing through the 2nd half.

After a month of charging through the 2nd half, it'll be the bandwagon with the flat tire.. too many people jumping on.

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2005, 10:04 AM
linky (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox14.html)

Is this just like it's easier to write a bad movie review than a good one? Because otherwise, I don't really get it:

I know the Oakland series was not a good thing, but it's a team the Sox' struggles against which are well-documented. Why the doom and gloom?

Side note: Headline for the Flubs' second half: "Do the Math: Prior, Wood Hold Key"

I may stop reading the paper altogether.So I guess the Angels are screwed, too?

balke
07-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I think we're .500 in our last 10 games. Hardly worth crying about. Last I heard, that kind of play puts us at 90+ wins at season's end. I'm hoping Marte and El Duque are back soon, and effective. But even without them and with this tough stretch of games coming up, the Sox will play at least 600. baseball.

Hangar18
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Lets face it everyone. The Chicago Media hate the White Sox. The Chicago Media LOVES the cubs. Writing a Cubs article is so much easier ......much less work ...... They DONT want us to win ...... and theyre very peturbed that were still in 1st place and things are looking good around here .........
Heres a Question. What does a 1st place team with the Best Record in Baseball
have in common with a sub .500 baseball team 9 games out of first and very little chance of doing anything? They get EQUAL coverage in both newspapers.

buehrle4cy05
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
So I guess the Angels are screwed, too?

Thanks for pointing that out. The Angels just were swept by a worse team in the Mariners. The Cubune's take on it is:
White Sox "Magic Bus" has a flat tire
Watch out for the Angels: They may overtake the White Sox for best record in AL.

Cowhead418
07-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. The Angels just were swept by a worse team in the Mariners. The Cubune's take on it is:
White Sox "Magic Bus" has a flat tire
Watch out for the Angels: They may overtake the White Sox for best record in AL.
Not only that but it was in a four-game series as well.

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2005, 11:41 AM
:moron

"Doug Pap-dilla needs to stop stealing my thunder.":angry:

PatK
07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
That post lost all credibility when he called Pods the 2003 Rookie of the Year (it was Dontrelle Willis).

Tekijawa
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
The Cubs Bus is up on cinder blocks, out of gas, has a broken windshield, and the drivers seat is missing!

chitownhawkfan
07-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Lets face it everyone. The Chicago Media hate the White Sox. The Chicago Media LOVES the cubs. Writing a Cubs article is so much easier ......much less work ...... They DONT want us to win ...... and theyre very peturbed that were still in 1st place and things are looking good around here .........
Heres a Question. What does a 1st place team with the Best Record in Baseball
have in common with a sub .500 baseball team 9 games out of first and very little chance of doing anything? They get EQUAL coverage in both newspapers.

Equal Coverage? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Tekijawa
07-15-2005, 09:50 AM
On a funny note, I got free tickets to the Cubs Game yesterday from my boss, so I decided that would probably be a lot better than sitting infront of this computer all day... and in an IRONIC TWIST to this thread There was an announcement in the 6-7th inning that "Whoever owns the Motorhome parked in the Green lot with Pennsylvania Licens plate xxxxxxx, please report to guest service"

The Racehorse
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
On a funny note, I got free tickets to the Cubs Game yesterday from my boss, so I decided that would probably be a lot better than sitting infront of this computer all day... and in an IRONIC TWIST to this thread There was an announcement in the 6-7th inning that "Whoever owns the Motorhome parked in the Green lot with Pennsylvania Licens plate xxxxxxx, please report to guest service"

How dare you go to a Flubs game at The Urinal and have some fun! :)

PatK
07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I e-mailed Doug Padilla about calling Podsednik the Rookie of the Year, and here's his response

"He was the Sporting News rookie of the year. The omission was of my doing."

Tragg
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
If our bus has a flat tire, theirs should be towed to the junkyard.

moochpuppy
07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
The only reason it's flat is because of running over the Cubs to get to the top of the hill.:supernana:

veeter
07-15-2005, 10:43 AM
The Tribune is way kinder to the Sox than the Sun.

Fake Chet Lemon
07-16-2005, 10:04 PM
The Tribune is way kinder to the Sox than the Sun.

You sure? I remember the Tribune headline after we broke out to a 13-3 start:

"13-3 start marred by Contreras injury"

The whole freaken start was marred by an injury that didn't even cause him to miss his next start?!!! You still might be right, but that isn't saying much. They are both useless rags.

soxwon
07-17-2005, 01:20 PM
:moron

"Doug Pap-dilla needs to stop stealing my thunder.":angry:

actually moronotti has been very nice to US recently, in his articles.

TornLabrum
07-17-2005, 01:35 PM
actually moronotti has been very nice to US recently, in his articles.

Never let it be said that Jay Moronotti doesn't know which way the wind is blowing.

:windsock:

"Damn straight. This very minute it's blowing from the south."