PDA

View Full Version : Clubhouse Food

Mercy!
07-14-2005, 04:51 AM
A slow day (make that, no day) on the baseball beat requires filler in sports sections everywhere. This Sun-Times piece yesterday about food provided in the Sox clubhouse actually held my interest to the end. Maybe I was just hungry. Some highlights for me:

The "Who’d ever guess that?" Department: Ozzie’s favorite food

The "Are you sure you’re translating that correctly?" Department: Tadahito’s favorite hot dog condiments

Plus I think I understand now the reason for the name "Aaron’s Amigos"

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/foo-news-sox13.html

ilsox7
07-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Asked what he eats, bench coach Harold Baines, hastily replies, "It doesn't matter what I eat. It matters what they [the players] eat. They're the energy and talent of this team -- they make it happen."

Man you gotta love Harold.

SoxFanTillDeath
07-14-2005, 08:57 AM

:harold

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

I don't think I've ever met someone so outspoken!

LVSoxFan
07-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Geez I didn't know they had so much stuff down there. Nice deal for them!

woodenleg
07-14-2005, 04:52 PM
The worst part of having your team get popular is having to read dull "Hollywood" fluff like this.

Takes me back to the early 90s.

But what do I know - I love spinach.

woodenleg
07-14-2005, 04:57 PM
:harold

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

I don't think I've ever met someone so outspoken!

Ha ha. Actually, he is outspoken in his own way.

Bless him for that.

MIgrenade
07-14-2005, 05:48 PM
I've seen this mayonaisse on hotdogs thing. I was told to try it but I couldn't, it looked odd. Just give me mustard.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-14-2005, 07:52 PM
"Some guys need more starches; others need more protein. The training staff works with them; if a player is having a weight problem, he comes to me and I make sure he gets salads, fruits, and low-cal meals."

Let's all guess who are the Sox players with weight problems eating salads and bananas while everybody else pigs out on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

:AJ: :walnuts :everett:
"Dammit, not more bananas!"

The Racehorse
07-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Let's all guess who are the Sox players with weight problems eating salads and bananas while everybody else pigs out on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

The last few months, I've been eating what they've been eating. :(:

But I've been improving recently. :D:

shoota
07-15-2005, 01:15 AM
I didn't like the writer describing Rowand as a right-hander, because I'm accustomed to only pitchers being described by the arm they pitch with.

The right hander's preferences are carne asada, fajitas, and enchiladas.

A better description of ARow would be "The center fielder's preferences..."

miker
07-15-2005, 02:27 PM
I didn't like the writer describing Rowand as a right-hander, because I'm accustomed to only pitchers being described by the arm they pitch with.

Another sad consequence of the Sox' newfound popularity among the media...fluff journalists doing fluff pieces.

skobabe8
07-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Its kinda weird the clubhouse facilities are described as cramped, tiny, and not up to date with other stadiums.

mike squires
07-15-2005, 04:37 PM

I'll never forget Soxfest a few years ago. The guy in front of me says, "Harold, you're a class act.. a true professional. Harold looks up at the guy and says..."You should tell my wife that."

Steakpita
07-15-2005, 04:45 PM

lmao. that one almost got me in trouble at work... must contain self. :redneck